Thread of fate is being removed from shadowlands (soon)

That’s what I’m assuming, as well. Which makes me wonder if Chromie Time isn’t changing until DF release. Because otherwise, what are Dracthyr supposed to do? How would they get the conduits and soulbinds added for them?

damn didnt they say they would bring threads back in DF

Yep.

Not many would go here. Necrotic wake with a bunch of level 15’s? that crap will make freehold look good. I’ve been the only interrupt in freehold in a noob crew… Not a good place to be really.

interrupt DPS! I did dude. its called a cd…I am on it. and I am the only 1. freehold at least you can skip to boss 4 after 1. it has that.

and at 70 ding like BFA, legion, TBC, etc new players can take a portal and jsut be there no story at all.

They could kill it now but its needed for new/boosties still.

My boosty draenei rogue did the SL intro bits via TOF start in case I needed a covenant to get all those renown based pvp unlocks.

I think it’s called “Adventure Mode” in DF and allows off-rail leveling in the zones once you have done the leveling campaign on your account, but it is different from Threads of Fate in that it doesn’t auto-complete (i.e. remove) all of the story quests. So with Adventure Mode, you’re adding objectives to the zones rather than simply replacing the story campaign.

1 Like

I’d like to set coordinates for my tactical nuke, instead of the garrison, set it to shadowlands.

No it is real:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/dragonflight-beta-development-notes/1278546/20

If I didn’t need that rogue to lose crap boosty gear with shake and bake pvp gear…mograine would eternally be in front of SW looking for my champion. Champion come see the fate that has befallen your leaders.

Mograine…I wanted blood elves or z trolls making sure Jaina never left that tower. alive and in one piece anyway…

No, they said something similar. But it’s more like Legion or BfA. You get to choose your zone and do all of the quests, including main story, plus world quests and bonus areas.

Same - so very, very same. I mean the dungeons were okay, I might Chromie time into them now and then. But level there? Heck naw

Every patch there’s some old system or other that gets bumped by accident and stops working, and it’s only a matter of time before the same thing happened to Threads of Fate and broke a bunch of characters. So, since its reason for existing is no more (don’t want to level in SL? Good news, we’ve got 8 more expansions worth of zones for you!) they’re just cutting it off now rather than waiting for it to break.

The OP is not, and never has been a troll, but you look foolish for suggesting it, especially when they corroborated their claims with a blue post.

2 Likes

Oh… the OP absolutely has a history of creating bait threads on the most hot topics to get bites and lots of replies. Not always, but often.

2 Likes

sigh… everyone including Blizz hates what I dreamed up

So will new players be forced through SL content then, instead of BfA?

Really, the explanation for why this is changing sounds a bit off. If players that are currently in SL Threads of Fate won’t be kicked out, then it’s obviously not a technical limitation, so what’s the real reason? What difference would it make that there were four different “experiences” for SL?

All this does is discourage people who might have wanted to obtain more of the covenant gear for transmog, because who really wants to do the story again? The only way to get it after DF releases is to quest through the entire story so that you can do the “end game” covenant storyline, right?

2 Likes

BFa is still the new start for them. Based off beta anyway. I made a level 1 something over 10 to see what NPE was like.

exile 10 to BFA start. Complete skip of intro was only change I saw. As horde you go straight to z troll land after the ORg visit.

Last I tried this prepatch retail you could choose to skip or run the original intro.

I was actually not liking that. I liked horde start for bfa. get to kill alliance in SW, burn down a small part of it even.

it…was actually a decent start to a supposed grrr I hate you war expac if one had a more aggressive RP for their horde char.

I’m going to just pretend it didn’t happen.

The more you care about the lore, the worse it gets.

The more content you wanna do in the world, the worse it gets.

The more you try to give it a chance, the worse it gets.

Be thankful you don’t ever have to bother with Korthia.

2 Likes

Please reconsider! Removing this option is a terrible decision as it will now force anyone who wants to return to the Shadowlands on alts into the same linear storyline we’ve already done. I, and many others, greatly enjoyed Threads of Fate and now will likely never quest in Shadowlands again because of this change. PLEASE reconsider. :frowning:

3 Likes

STOP MAKING ME AGREE WITH YOU!

1 Like

I hope they reconsider the disabling for the threads of fate and opt to improve upon its design in the future instead of scrapping such a good idea. More options make for a better gameplay experience and it can help keep the game feeling fun to change it up when leveling more characters.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m 57 now and just hoping it ends soon. Why is this so bad? I can’t put my finger on it. It’s like a theater ride. Everything is dialogue. And I don’t care. I just want a timer on the screen for how long I should alt tab.