Thread of fate is being removed from shadowlands (soon)

I’m doing Shadowlands for the first time ever right now. It’s kind of meh, but not ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. Coming from leveling all my characters in Legion, it seems like Blizz kind of called it in for the SL expansion.

1 Like

Its not that he’s a troll or maybe he is. He just enjoys trying to anger people because it makes him feel good. I wouldn’t take a single thing he says seriously. He just pumps out threads that people dont like constantly.

5 Likes

Well, I’d love to read the whole thing, but there’s still no link so :woman_shrugging:.

2 Likes

Oh, I know he does it to anger people and I don’t take them seriously at all but when does one get a chance to really troll a troll.

Nope. There is no more Threads of Fate.

Wut? It’s literally a blue post…

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/en/wow/t/dragonflight-beta-development-notes/1278546/20

Need more? Here’s the news article quoting said blue post:

13 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/dragonflight-beta-development-notes/1278546/20

Oh you think I am making this up so here

1 Like

Who cares?

1 Like

Thank you for the link. I never said you were making it up. It’s everyone else in this thread that thinks you’re just trolling. I just wanted a source, that’s all. :slight_smile:

Edit: I also really do appreciate the heads up about this!

1 Like

Do leveling by questing a few more times and you’ll be ready to give it up forever.

2 Likes

Probably people who want to put new characters into Shadowlands to help farming mounts and achievements. Making it inaccessible this way sounds like a complete admission of failure.

4 Likes

Well, I’ll be thank you for those guess I was too busy feeding the troll to see those.

Keep calling me a troll when I was spouting out facts. The ignorance of it all is insurmountable.

Yeah, I mean can they really deny it now?

Threads of Fate was my favorite way to level up. You could earn tons of renown, gear, and experience just by doing objectives in the four zones. It was always just an option.

There is no way I am ever going to do the Shadowlands leveling campaign again. And now, I will never choose Shadowlands for Chromie Time.

9 Likes

Yeah, it was pretty awful.

2 Likes

They’ve been doing the head in the sand thing for quite a while now, eh? But if getting access to all four zones means a player has to do all the quests, they really don’t want new characters going there.

It was probably a technical issue that they don’t have the expertise or resources to solve, even though the announcement is doing mental gymnastics to convince you that this is somehow for game design reasons.

1 Like

Yeah, I hadn’t thought it through all the way, but Blizzard keeps making poor choices.

1 Like

So my question is if they’ve already put in the work to make sure it’s functional, since it won’t kick anyone out, then why not just leave it in? You’ve literally already done the hard part!

Threads wasn’t perfect (I wish I could have done story missions, just out of order) but it was nice for tons of people and a nice change of pace for those levelling alts, both old and new.

2 Likes

Oh, given their post history, I don’t blame you. lol

My take on their removal of it:

“We decided that the Shadowlands experience wasn’t bad enough, so we removed Threads of Fate to make it worse.”

2 Likes