Thrall Going Forward

https://giphy.com/gifs/queue-the-princess-bride-disappointment-FDozeGywZKu6Q

:pancakes:

4 Likes

JUST GIVE HIM HIS FLIPPIN’ POWERS BACK ALREADY.

For crying out loud in the same quest chain where we see Jaina ripping the Maw’s armies a new one while Darion fanboys about how strong she is and Anduin literally holds back the Jailer single-handedly Thrall, the single most iconic character of the Horde in the entire franchise, get wounded and throws his axe.

What the heck. What even? He was the World-Shaman what happened?

(This is Rhetorical. I know what happened, I’m just mad it is still going on.)

20 Likes

yeah, but then her and Anduin can bond over losing the same father figure and being orphans before they are pushed into a political marriage as teenagers for the sake of the Alliance.

Because a King needs to make little princes and princesses. :face_vomiting:

Which makes me think they’re going to reveal Taelia to be Calia’s daughter, which is going to be terrible and already hardly makes sense.

So the child will be the heir of both Stormwind and Lordaeron.

https://gph.is/g/Z51kOek

I am overly done with Thrall myself; his character as ingrained in wow has been a major pain for my own desires. While the need of a Warchief will always be desired; I just don’t believe Thrall is a suitable leader given all his time trying to avoid taking on the mantle again.

They want him to be this grandiose hero, but the hero of all, not just the Horde. But they can’t separate his character from the very Horde he helped established.

2 Likes

Ngl i would actually cheer for the return of green jesus

Not as the world shaman mind you, he sucks at being neutral anyway

There are a lot of things wrong with azeroth but specially the Horde is in shambles. Both in terms of powerlevels, characters and… well, morally.

Thrall actually does care about doing the right thing despite his monumental f-ups and he could accomplish way, way more in terms of fixing the damage the 4th war left as an uber shaman than just some dude with an axe

Plus, you know, if the horde actually has a powerful character for once then ours wont need to handicapped/removed from the narrative/made neutral

1 Like

Considering that Calia, Bolvar, and Taelia are all together in Oribos… if that was going to be the reveal then it would have happened by now.

Why, in the name of the Elements, didn’t Thrall just fish out the AU Doomhammer that is presumably sitting at the bottom of the bay beside Shattrath when Orgrim bit the dust in that minor questline? Nobody in-universe seems to care that a legendary weapon was just left to rust at the bottom of a shallow body of water. For a time, he could have-wielded the same weapon…

You underestimate the lack of foresight of blizzard.

1 Like

lol when has that ever stopped Blizzard before? Their current writers keep killing off our characters like they’ve got a grudge against them.

I definitely expect to see more of what we got with the initial patch: more emphasis on the night elves, Tyrande, and Ysera in Ardenweald, with (hopefully) us finally getting to kill Kel’thuzad for good at some point, perhaps even as (another) raid boss. Maybe even alongside Kael’Thas? Vengeance for Quel’Thalas!

And yeah, was rather disappointed that we didn’t get more “family time” in Warlords, so Thrall better be getting to meet his mom this time around!

1 Like

I want him to get his powers back, do something moderately useful to the plot, and then, like all the other major characters, go sit in the cities and be away from the story. Blizzard should revert back to the idea of the world being the main character as opposed to their lore characters being front and centre at all times. When a major lore character comes out of their city to do battle with something, it should be an ‘oh damn’ moment, but it’s become superfluous at this point.

Though I’m still not sure why people harp in the axe-throwing moment… did they not notice that him doing that saved the party? They were totally trapped on the bridge, him hitting Helya and ticking her off so much she washed them away let everyone escape. If it’s stupid, but it works, then it isn’t stupid, the Humans were busy being snarky, it took the Orc to actually stop overthinking and do the smart thing.

Power doesn’t make for likeable characters, or good ones, one of the reasons I consider Jaina one of the more fleshed out characters is because she’s had some actual human moments in between displays of power or total despair. Khadgar is just as powerful as she is, but he’s not popular because of his feats of magical prowess, but because he has a personality.

So mostly I want to see Thrall have an actual personality that isn’t some flawless demigod or mopey sad Orc. The axe thing was a good start, give the man some actual quirks. Then sit him in Orgrimmar with the rest of the leaders, because Blizzard’s minor NPCs are always better written and we need more of them beyond seeing them one part of an expansion and then they’re gone.

4 Likes

Thrall should return to be the leader of the Earthen Ring. Maybe actually help get that damned sword out of Silithus.

If Malfurion can be the leader of the Cenarian Circle and still be co-leader of the Kaldorei then Thrall can be the Leader of the Earthen Ring and co-leader of the Orcs

3 Likes