Thoughts on Xal'atath's New Model

She has a Moon Symbol on her face. Considering she sees Elune as an Upstart “Goddess” and was originally an Eye attached to a Dagger I strongly suspect she is Mu’sha the Tauren Moon Goddess and Eye of Azeroth the Earth Mother.

As to what her plan is: She is going to Khaz Algar rather than corrupting the World Soul through the Forge of Souls in Icecrown Citadel so she is likely going for the Crystal imbedded in Hallowfall which means An’she is there and she plans to corrupt him and since she mentions that the Naaru will serve their true masters in time… I strongly suspect that the Crystal is Zereth Lumen as where else would the source of the Light be located?

Considering Alleria’s new design resembles a Priestess of Elune could it be possible that Alleria will become a vessel for Elune and unload Elune’s Soul on Mu’sha’s Body causing Zereth Nox(as the place will be called upon the corruption of An’she with Galakrond’s Essence) to gain an Elunified State?

Will Xal’atath’s defeat involve her pouring her Soul directly into An’she to heal him thus allowing Elune to take over her Body and Zereth Nox as An’she & Mu’sha(both in the inhabiting same Eye) make their escape?

I can save her.

2 Likes

And that’s a cool mog, too!

Eh. Not my vibe. But if others are happy then aight.

Then again people loved her when she was a knife so fans of her are gonna love her regardless lol. And no I don’t say that as mockery towards them.

3 Likes

Awesome model but can’t beat N’Zaddy

Remember guys.

Xal’atath is the exact reason Shadowform needs to be made into a Toy, like this item was for Shamans.

Can you guys imagine what’d be like if she spent all of War Within, and Midnight in Shadowform? The frustration players would have with that and the under use of what is an excellent character model, is the same irritation that is mirrored by many Priests who because of this relic from Classic, are unable to enjoy their mogs properly. The Glyph of Shadow really doesn’t help since it still tints the player, as well as making black oil swirls float over you; making it look like you took a swim through an Exxon Oil spill.

I am not asking Shadowform’s total removal. Just pointing out that it’s time for it to go and why it needs to go.

Such a toy will accommodate any who still wanted to use it. Not adverse to the same for Ravens and Shadow Orbs.

1 Like

Pretty star-elf is fine. It’s not terrible for an initial form, but I’m going to want to see some horror from this cosmic-horror as the story progresses.

1 Like

So you want to see her dark below? Well that explains a lot about your mog and server choice! :smiling_imp:

I tease of course. Excellent mog.

In Soviet Russia …

Candle takes you.

3 Likes

You no take…me!

Elune might be a bit jelly.

One can like both of them. I dig them both.

Loved her as a sinister ball-busting voice inside my head in Legion but I definitely wasn’t prepared for how hott they made her

Edit: design-wise, the outfit looks dope as hell, sinister and classy. A lot of details on her favor one side over the other, as if her look is an enemy to balance itself. There are allusions to the knife in the shape of the cloak fabric, the chains on each side give a “puppet master” vibe, the runes all over her look like black empire hieroglyphics, almost like a “Queen of the Damned” vibe. And the eyes! So cool.

Well done designers. I’m sure I’m not alone when I say I’m all in with Xal’atath. Lets just hope she’s around for awhile and, if she is, they do her justice.

Loved her in the knife. Loved out of the knife. Step on me mommy.

4 Likes

Her new model is going to start cults demanding that we should just join the Old Gods and Void.

2 Likes

Oh no! You spent too long in voidform and she got to you!

Quick, someone get the holy water!

She barefooted so that going make those people happy

Xal’atath was dagger artifact for shadow priest. In BFA you meet the dagger again who wants you to get her a body and then get some artifacts to meet up with N’Zoth finish their bargain. She made a cameo in DF as a silhouette when Iridikron open void portal.

That’s right. They made it so it’s only BFA zones. So you can’t see it outside of the expansion.

Friends and I were trying to theorize what the runes on her face translated to. So far the most likely candidates include:

“Instant ramen noodles”
“Knaifu for laifu”
“Live, laugh, love”

3 Likes