Thoughts on WoW Token in Wrath Classic

Couldve added RDF and actually made people happy.

Instead you add the token :rofl:

12 Likes

Just cancelled my sub. Sucks I’m going to miss official hardcore, but WoW token is just too much. I quit in retail when the WoW token came out and I’m quitting classic now for the same reason.

Go ahead and check my payment history if you don’t believe me. Peace!

18 Likes

Always makes you wonder what’s the point of gold, if you just made it so you couldn’t trade it to other players that would solve so many problems (and have an AH working like the black market AH)

Won’t happen, but clearly gold will always remain a currency that is pretty much only used to save time and use shortcuts to avoid grinding.

1 Like

Things that don’t have the classic spirit:
RDF

Things that are in the spirit of classic:
Token
Heroic+
Heroic++
Increased Ilevel Ulduar gear
Moving gear from the previous raid tier to Heroics
Moving HM ulduar 10 to a vendor (to be fair it can still be had in ulduar 10 HM)
Changing how TOGC works for Normal and Hard

35 Likes

Huge doubt on this. These are small numbers if you’re counting ALL REGIONS and not just NA.

I’ve reported bots that hang around Scholozar for MONTHS and eventually get camped so hard by me and other gatherer friends of mine that their wranglers come by to pvp us or I get yelled at in Indonesian in whispers telling me to go away from their farm as I herb it up for 2 hours vs their 24h farm and account swapping buisness.

They are still in Scholozar rn, fyi. Still no bans. Good job.

11 Likes

True and Real. This. Blizzard needs to revert this change immediately and persecute gold buyers and RMT with full force. The Token does NOT belong in Classic.

9 Likes

That’s too much work. They can’t afford to pay employees to do that. Are you crazy?!

3 Likes

I would like to put out there that along with giving a weekly or monthly update on the amount of “Total Exploitative Account Closures” have taken place, Blizzard should provide public reports showing the amount of real world money and/or amount of WoW Tokens sold for classic servers. I also would like to request that the money made from those sales be used solely for the creation of NEW content for classic servers. these funds should be used in addition to what is are ready used.
This would at least help with showing that this move was not a “Cash Grab”, and is intended to build a better game experience for us.

3 Likes

This post has basically revealed that they will not add a kernel anti-cheat or block certain known methods botters are using, that those things are beyond them. ie, they’ve revealed that their “limit” to banning bots is server side detection with something like hidden bot achievements that bots unlock.

Sounds about right considering the AFK AV and Mage Tower Piloting banwaves fit that server side log sweep narrative, rather than actual client side a/c effort.

2 Likes

That was a long post just to say ‘we cant beat them so we joined them’

12 Likes

Na this has nothing to do with combating illicit gold selling at all. Nothing Blizzard says to us about why they did it will ever resonate with me. It’s predatory and is coming from a company who made Diablo Immortal.

8 Likes

could have saved yourself a lot of typing by just admitting that Bobby wants another Yacht. You’re a publicly traded company beholden to investors and you need to maximize your profit, so integrity of the game be damned, you’re going to milk your players for every dam cent you can get out of them.

12 Likes

I do not believe you.
Not one word.
Blizzard, and by extension you, have no integrity.

Enjoy the hole you helped dig.

20 Likes

How does a token that people can buy for real money stop gold from getting injected into the game? Aren’t you just sanctioning gold farming and making it an acceptable behavior?

Why have you not improved on your anti cheat/bot methods? Why not take a hard time on exploiters a s permaban people that buy gold.

Is there no way to authenticate people at the account level? I’d be happy to provide proof that I am a real person and not a gold farmer.

I’m not an expert on economies but you don’t fix inflation by giving people a process to instantly inject 20k gold in one click. Won’t this have the opposite effect and drive inflation up higher?

This all seems soo stupid. What’s that saying about heroes? You live long enough, you become the villain? Blizzard, you ARE the gold farmer now except that you don’t have to put any effort in, just magically create more gold at the click of a button.

7 Likes

Not to mention 0 work done to stop bad players from using AHK for PVP. Only 1 big banwave at the end of the season and these losers will be back in 2 months once again using AHK to cheat.

Looking at you Tortsen. Nice 99% cast shield reflect and no gcd stance swapping using AHK and caught live on twitch! You deserved that ban. Lol

4 Likes

That would be detected with a kernel a/c immediately. One that sits in the kernel looking for injected inputs and any malicious drivers that try to scrub injected inputs.

It’s clear they will not add a kernel a/c, as per this post, despite WoW needing it badly.

2 Likes

you forgot character boosts too, gotta allow the bots to immediately level up again too, its the spirit of classic

8 Likes

Its kind of incredible to see the exact same response as when the token was first introduced.

99% of people aren’t affected. Your consume prices are gonna stay the same, AH prices are gonna stay the same. The only people who are gonna be affected are people who GDKP and see more whales who didn’t want to risk losing their account, and there might be more people who GDKP in general.

There will be an uptick of token selling when ToGC launches for some of the first week GDKPs, there will be an uptick for ICC as people are getting their saronite taken care of.

Otherwise it literally won’t affect you.

3 Likes

Communicating is a thankless job. Thank you for putting the time into it. Even if people disagree, I hope they can at least respect the attempt to communicate your ideas. And personally? I totally agree with the logic. My only negative reaction to it was fearing it would appear in Era, but since that won’t happen, I think it’s a brilliant move.

They say they’ve tried as much as they can, but I’ve yet to see them ask riot to license out their vanguard anti-cheat.

1 Like