Thoughts on the paladin tier sets datamined

Not bad. Not great. Meh. the 4set bonuses seem alright I guess

I take it back. That 4set is scuffed IT. Hello 60% wings uptime. Welcome back

Shhh if we stop talking about it it might make it to live haha

3 Likes

Necrolord Hpally rising up!

2 Likes

Stop it atop it stop it. Stop talking about it! If we all agree to stay super quiet about it maybe we can get back to bfa levels of wings uptime or higher lol.

2 Likes

Ret is kind of Meh. As far as I’m concerned, the 2-set is just polish for the Expurgation conduit, nothing else. That said, with the 4-set I could 100% see a Ret Venthyr build that centered around dropping AH, wings, and Sera, firing off both HoWs, then just bursting like mad while wings lasts.

Has the potential to be a lot of fun. That said, I don’t being anything more than entertaining outside of that specific scenario.

Inb4 WoA gets nerfed…

I hope they don’t nerf the ret one. It’s Meh to Ok which is fine. It’s purely the Hpal one that’s broken as is and mostly the 4set. It’s basically IT corruption again but only for wings. And IT was not good for the game.

I was mostly being facetious about the Ret thing.

That said, if the tier set goes through I’d lose it to play an Avenging Crusader build centered around spamming LoD.

It will by far be the most popular healer to play. Wings every minute is pretty silly lol

I look forward to the Protection Paladin bonus. After tanking LFR/Mythics, I think I have gained some insight on Prot paladin. I think making Shield of the Righteous (SoR) more than just a brief 3sec buff is a step in the right direction.

Currently Prot Paladin greatly relies on SoR and Word of Glory (WoG) to mitigate most damage outside of major CD’s like Guaridan of the Ancient Kings (GotaK) or Divine Shield (DS). It’s not that these CD’s are bad any means, its the part they are very long CD’s and not something to be used carelessly, looking at lay on hands

With the new tier set, Set bonus 2: SoR will get a stacking increase to your Block chance. Which hopefully won’t need to be toned down because how short the CD is on SoR.

Set 4: The increased block chance thanks to set bonus 2 makes it possible to cast a free judgement on our attacker. I think this hasn’t hit people yet. But this is potentially A LOT of free Holy Power build up. Which means more blocking via SoR, and a wholllleeeeee lot of WoG spam.

So I am excited to see how prot paladin will perform.

Necrolors prot paladin will be tanky AF. Perpetual uptime on SoTR thanks to spot healing prolonging the duration.

Paladin’s gonna be fun next patch.

1 Like

If they give us these sets tbf. But yea my mind’s been turned around on how insane both sets are. I actually think we got the best of the bunch

You probably wouldn’t use Expurgation if you have the 4 piece, and instead use the Truth’s Wake Conduit. Given Art of War procs have a good chance of reseting the Cooldown on Wake of Ashes, instead of Blade of Justice.

You ppl still don’t understand how busted the prot set gonna be lmao this is more like a solid 250% dmg increase, and i do think prot gonna do more dmg then any dps out there if this goes live. Which i hope so lol

Shhh they’ll hear you :rofl:

Oh I didnt even think that we could get HP for the judgements! I kinda just assumed it would do the damage and the judgement buff on them but no HP and I thought that was still going to be good with the double leggo getting lots of HP from divine resonance and the damage from Bulwark but if we get HP from it too then holy smokes. Just like the holy one if we all stay quiet then maybe they miss this and it goes live because thats nuts lol

2 Likes

Well, there is a chance to cast judgement whenever we block. However, it remains to be seen if this can occur multiple times whenever there is more than one attacker. Though I think it may be the former, regardless it is still quite good.

Dude its World of Warcraft’s Paladin. The holy knight. The same class pretty much any other MMORPG developer wishes they could design anything like.

You didn’t reeaaaaaalllllyyyy think Blizzard would give them some awful set bonus did you?

But yes, its gonna be a good time. :grin:

No ICD’s have been identified for any of the tier bonus’ so it’s hard to really guess the value of several of the 4 piece. It’s pretty safe to say though because of M+.

My guess is it has a 3 to 5 second ICD and generates holy power. The intention is to do more damage and increase the rate rate of holy power generation.

The ret set is weird but probably good, its as if someone gave out a prompt of “how do we make that worthless wake of ashes conduit see use” and someone gave them a real answer. I’m not sure if its potent enough to warrant it but its gameable with zeal for more auto attacks and blade of wrath. Also makes ret a bit more hungry for that windfury totem if I understand it right.

It’s gonna be a grand ol time when people start using Thick as Thieves and Heroism/Time Warp to up the AA speed and base damage of their Ret paladins just to watch them melt any poor fool caught in the way. " :rofl: :rofl: