Thoughts on tentatively announced Mistweaver Set Bonuses

the 4pc is extremely overpowered. it borders on insanity if it goes live in its current state. it could be half as good and still be absurdly broken. no healer set compares to it

it needs to be hard nerfed/reworked if blizzard doesn’t want monk to do 60%+ more hps than every healer in the game

Monk hps is already high and they are sorely lacking in other areas like dmg output and utility. The problem isn’t the strength of the heals, the problem is that it’s just giving more bicep curls to a spec that skips every leg day.

3 Likes

this is a huge cope. this set bonus is absolutely broken and believing its irrelevant because monk does enough healing is hilarious.

Hps don’t matter if your dps are getting one-shot in legion keys because you don’t have a DR

lol, you don’t have dr (the meta M+ healers either provide no dr, or provide extremely minor amounts of dr).

it’s actually mind boggling to me that people can believe a set bonus which turns tft into the most powerful 30 second cd in the game by a significant margin, and increases monk hps which was already absurdly ahead by a significant margin is irrelevant because minor amounts of dr are worth more.

please please please look at a log for 1 minute and read the 4pc. it’s just delusion at this point that this many people can believe the monk 4pc isn’t broken beyond belief.

I don’t play healer. I play a tank that receives heals, and my experience comes from that. Monks don’t need more hps, they need broadened utility.

Your tank perspective is definitely showing. Giving a healer that is already 25%+ ahead of every other healer significant healing increases is worth a lot more than you think :slight_smile:

guessing you think the monk in this log was padding? https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/cbFdDAkYJZM294Q1#fight=37&type=healing

i mean surely doing that much hps is irrelevant compared to his co healers devo auras.

you may think this isn’t relevant but the new 9.2 power creep for monk borders on this power level. it is absurd that you think a 30 second cd 10 second duration 100%+ hps increase isn’t totally insane.

1. This is a N’zoth kill? We don’t have the same builds as BFA
  2. Your other healers parsed grey? And that healer did 50% overhealing which is lmao
  3. Reroll monk if you’re that jelly of the top monk in your guild?
1 Like

Lol you both are talking about different forms of content. In raids the 4 pc is super mega strong as it stands. It honestly might be strong enough for a raid to sit a healer they might need in order to bring in another dps which would be very strong. However luup is right in terms of key content, MWs doing this much extra healing in keys means nothing, in timed content how fast you can clear said content means that healers who do good dps are much more important then the healer doing triple the meta dungeon healers dps. It’s a cool 4 piece though, I don’t think it’ll stay as it currently is though, in raid it is absurdly strong lol.

:slight_smile: i wasn’t arguing it’s the same, i was arguing that doing this much hps compared to your raid (at the time monks on average were 50% ahead of everyone) is relevant because doing that much hps matters :slight_smile:

i main mistweaver

then uh-whai are you asking for nerfs? You realise that no one at Blizzard actually plays a monk, right? Just take the OP and roll with it because the alternative is months of being the broken black sheep.

nope, i just think people like you who argue that 4pc is bad because monk do enough hps are dumb. hps 100% matters.

Hun, I wouldn’t.

So m+ and raid are completely different beasts
When looking at raid HPS can be a metric that is typically ignored due to the fact that blizzard made hps equal between healers for so long or that the “good dr” healers also had the highest hps cough glimmer

But when you as a healer can easily do 50% more hps than your co-healers it allows you to enter a weird world of a super flexible healer comp. You can allow your co-healers to dps for more thus making up for the “dps gap”. You can drop a healer all in all if the fight allows it.
There are many possibilities where HPS just can change the game completely.

Also as a note about healer DPS in raid.
When you want to correctly compare healing classes’ DPS you can’t go to warcraft logs top parses.
Many times top parses are heavily cheesed by the healer just not healing and 100% committing to damage not to mention the raw amount of external buffs that are in the game that increase dps.
You need to look at the healers themselves from DPS style PoV.
On progression the only healers who will be doing reasonable DPS are those who do passive damage, IE damage that they can do while healing.
The other healers will typically have to give up too many GCDs to catch up to the passive damage dealing healers which will MURDER their hps making it unviable for them to be in raid.

When it comes to DR that is typically overvalued by the community. The only time DR is NEEDED is when you’re going to be dropping to the 80-100% → 10-15% range and more mechanics are on the way.
Outside of it all it does is add some fuzz value on how little HP you can enter a damage event with.

They’re very likely gonna nerf some of the legion mechanics, but right now it’s pretty wild. Dots are ticking for 80% hp.

I’m tankng the boss, and then I look around and everyone else is dead lmao

I should have noted that my whole post is about raid not m+
M+ is weird to a degree since it can always get HARDER unlike raid where its static and overtime gets easier

1 Like

Looks like MW will fall even further behind in arenas, sad days. A passive healing buff and a requirement to not kite to use the 4pc may as well not even have a tier set.

the main benefit of the 4pc is taking advantage of our high healing events per sec and adding a flat modifier to it, which is why many small ticks during that window can add on a lot of healing while active.

in the damage department, if the devs cared enough about our dps contribution as a healer (irrespective of content), the tier set can be easily altered by just modifying the buff to instead of proccing on any healing ability, to be simply any monk ability (damage or healing) used during the duration of the rune while standing inside to be increased by X amount.

this will improve our m+ aoe throughput, since with the uncapped aoe, it allows us to get many damage events per target no matter how small the original amount is, and also allows for necro to be an alternate covenant to venthyr for m+ with the interaction of bdb modifier into that mix to push out more events.

2 Likes

It certainly would help in aoe if SCK dmg was increased by x amount during rune. It probably wouldn’t help too much though. I think the thing that I hate a lot is the lack of a truly strong dps leggo like pally and rsham have.

It’s actually quite significant because it effectively adds 1.8k damage per target per sck.
So on a 5 target it increases our damage per cast by 9k. And in a 10 pack. 18k per gcd.

This isn’t including the damage from sck, and all potential crits.

And for aoe situations as a healer u can just cram that in for 10 secs and go back to healing during downtime.

Don’t underestimate it.