Thoughts on hybrid Frost/Unholy tank? (Classic)

0/39/32

I get improved Icey Talons, Threat of Thassarion, and Unbreakable Armor in Frost.

I get permanent ghoul, desecration, and reaping in Unholy.

My blood runes turn into death via Blood Strike/Pestilence, my Frost and Unholy is used for Death Strike and Death 'n Decay, and any excess Blood can be Blood Boiled in AoE.

My one hang up is in order to get Threat of Thassarion I give up Bone Shield and Wandering Plague and Ebon Plage.

Should I go with the more frost heavy with ToT and UA or go more Unholy for BS and WP and EP?

I think you are giving up way too much.

Ebon Plaguebringer will help with self healing and group magic damage.

If having trouble with snap aoe threat then Howling Blast is a good one.

Frost is more physical damage reduction, and unholy is more magic damage mitigation and healing.

So I realized if i go 2H versus DW I can pick up Improved Icey Talons AND Wandering Plague plus Ebon Plague. While I dont get Unbreakable Armor I do get ghoul sac every 2 min plus IBF and AMS and Bone Shield.

Currently im playing around and am learning the nuances/rotation while questing. Will wxamine talent choices based off usage. I have yet to actually tank a 5 man.

It really all depends on what you are trying to do.

Most defenses will come from gear. Defense 535 for heroic dungeons 540 for raids (uncrittable and reduced chance to be hit), hit and expertise for threat and expertise early on is kind of like a defensive for parry hasting, and then dodge and parry.

The rest is kind of a pick your poison type of thing.