Thoughts on Enhancement?

I was interested in making an Enhancement Shaman because I saw that Enhancement was #3 in DPS for 8.3

What do you guys think about Enhancement?

1 Like

I finally got enhance weapons and I feel like a big pumpy, having a blast

If we had 10% Leech like DHs or Enhancements heal wasnt a detriment it would be good in PvP.

PvE its largely fine, I wish Stormstrike did Nature damage though to meme with high mastery better but will never happen.

3 Likes

Don’t uh… don’t look at noxxic or the simc site and think that what they’re showing you is ever practical. Whatever they’re running might have it up there but dps can vary from so many tiny details including fight length, mechanics, spec niche, uptime, player skill, gear, etc.

Enhancement isn’t bad in PvE at least, just don’t make decisions based off those charts.

2 Likes

you need gear and enhance can pve fine.

Enhance has good damage thats it. Useless in every other aspect. 0 utility for pvp or pve other than damage.

2 Likes

I liked enhancement for soloing since it doesnt take the ramp up time that elemental does, but beyond that it just doesnt feel like it’s well designed. You have a lot of buttons to press but for the most part only a couple of them really have any impact. I also hate how enhancement has gone from being a buff/support-centric melee’r to this weird combat rogue with flashy elemental effects. It doesnt feel like enhancement should.

Oh, stun totem, purge, fastest cd in the game interrupt, slow totem, tremor totem, sundering, earth elemental, speed totem or root totem if talented. Solid self healing or party healing for bursting or similar effects. (not very sustainable but it makes bursting very easy on a healer)

That’s all utility

6 Likes

Enhance has good m+ utility, that much is true. Even though we have poor survivability, just the value of the big heal surges in 5man pve is good but earth ele is SICK.

We however have nothing good in comparison to other melee in both raiding and arena. Arena it’s statistically been the worst melee worldwide since 8.1 and I have a few posts elaborating on that. For raiding utility it’s more about mobility/defensives/if u can solo soak/if you have raidwide cds and we dont shine in any of that rly. Speed totem aint no darkness and ghost wolf aint faster than much.

1 Like

My only issue with playing enhance in m+ is ele brings all the same utility but is ranged and has much more consistent and dependable DPS. I don’t have a lot tread on shaman tires but from what I’ve seen in raiding and mythic +, there’s no real situation for one to play enhance over ele in terms of performance and consistency.

I’m not saying its bad, it can pump DPS. But a squishy melee isnt appealing to a lot of groups.

Going from a fury warrior to enh just in terms old sustain is insanely noticeable for similar DPS and functionality.

what you mean by enhance weapons?

Enhance is pretty metal. Load up on as much haste as you can and spam thunderstrike. Like Ele, it’s difficult to do really good DPS and there isn’t much class depth. They are extremely reliable though, as their damage doesn’t rely on heavy cooldowns as much as other classes.

You had me till solid healing. That’s a lie and you know it

9 Likes

Hush and come over here, Sweetjuice.

Sweetjuice should be a character in a movie played by Joaquin Phoenix.

This guy is souring my juice with his dumb dumb talk of excellent self heals

Enhance does have rly potent instant heal surges, for self or your party in m+. It’s just not passive like fury or dh leech and actually costs globals.

Surges are nerfed like 80% in arena though so selfheals in pvp are non existant.

2 Likes

The GCD change kicked our butt. We’ve been squishy for a long time but we used to compensate for it with a balls to the wall attack style. Now we’re as slow as any other class without getting any tougher.

enhance was squishy before they nerfed swelling waves by 50% because an enhance shamans team won a tourny.

You have more utility in pvp than in pve.

Skyfury totem, grounding totem, tremor totem etc

Enhance has the least utility out of any melee in the game for arena.

Grounding, Tremor, Wind shear and purge are your most valuable tools. Skyfury doesn’t do anything for enhance comps even though I do play it sometimes with destro.

Now name one melee that has less utility than enhance in arena.