Those who WON'T be maining Evoker: Thoughts on the Soar change?

This change is entirely predicated on what people that don’t play Dracthyr think of Dracthyr.

1 Like

I mean, I loved the direction they were going. I loved seeing folks having fun with it. Seeing it nerfed instead of expanded on is the complete opposite of what I want to see with it.

They are giving me Torghast flashbacks right now and I’m not happy about it. Especially with their awful reasoning behind it.

Now remove druid ability to pick up things using flying form!!! /s

5 Likes

at triple speed they can only fly much faster than other characters in trivial content.

So how much of an advantage does it really give, in the grand scheme of things?

just read my earlier post agian?

2 Likes

There would be another mass unsub exodus like back in WoD if they ever tried that again. The new “flying” aka gliding makes some people sick, and you need a high vantage point to jump from to stay airborne longer making it tedious. It’s not as good as it sounds.

1 Like

Anytime you’re not in the dragon isles, because soar is usable everywhere dragonriding isn’t?

I agree - it should be limited to epic flying mount speed outside of dragon isles.

1 Like

No,op,I don’t care ,just don’t use it for an advantage.
What do you mean mages can do the same thing they totally different ,leave us mages out of this.

Me because DF is not what you think it is, your not staying airborne forever.

IMO, this is a change just to avoid the actual issue with DF new mechanic “Dragon riding”.

We can’t use Dragon riding in old content!

therefore, lets diminish Dracthyr because the racial can be used at any zone (except for quelthalas zones y draenei islands).

Blizzard instead of removing speed to the dracthyr class, they should enable Dragon Riding everywhere and implement races on the old continents…they’re being lazy again.

3 Likes

no one plays them yet . They arnt in teh game --you have never played one to know what its like .

The mount farmers are the ones that I believe would be affected greatly , especially in Pandaria ( warlords , sha , etc ) .

Other things that let you transport are to selected locations . Dracs can go anywhere .

Personally I dont care , wouldnt worry me in teh slightest , but i am not the only one playing teh game , Bliz has to think of EVERY group of players

I wonder if they can soar the air thermals like a hawk can (if we did have such a thing on Azeroth)?

i dont think you read or acknowledge anyone response at all? why?

have people forgotten about dungeoun portals? that people have gotten?

• mage portals + city portals + engineering portals

and there also adding in raid portals in wow shaodwlands season 4?

so you would rather a dragon race with wings be useless and to ride another dragon for somthing it should be able to do itself every now & then and takes away the connection to the game/class itselfs?

the ability soar also on a 5min CD

to gain great distance you need to be up/at a high peak to even reach such a greater speed lol
and have to be far too attentive with it to even stay aloft, nobody has any idea yet until they try it for themselves just how actually difficult it can be to keep flying.

i think it should match the Dragon riding speed to have any rellavence it can only be used once every 5min and doesnt have any of the recharge abilitys the dragon riding has

2 Likes

They’re just using it as an example since one of the excuses Blizzard gave was traveling advantages. When the advantage doesn’t exist unless you have momentum to gain.

Additionally the CD begins once you land, so you can’t just start your soaring and then wait out your CD as you glide.

This is something I hope they do. I wanna see the DF flying courses throughout Azeroth.

the ability soar also on a 5min CD
to gain great distance you need to be up/at a high peak to even reach such a greater speed lol
and have to be far too attentive with it to even stay aloft, nobody has any idea yet until they try it for themselves just how actually difficult it can be to keep flying.
and doesnt have any of the recharge abilitys the dragon riding has

1 Like

So op is blahing nonsense what an insult.

You mages are so sensitive :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

It’s not the same travel the thermals there is no racing.

Well what I mean is that they are kind of bringing that into Dragonflight with fun side game courses.

Again, how is flying double the speed of every other race in the game “useless”.

I don’t think you know what I’m getting at but ok.

Hey,blizz could we ride the thremals ,please :pleading_face: