Those who WON'T be maining Evoker: Thoughts on the Soar change?

As a Warlock…this has always been true :o

I don’t care about an unfinished product that might not even see the light of day. People calling it a nerf are overreacting.

1 Like

Hunter 4 life. This is my latest one to get to 60 and I’m madly in love with it. It is just so dang much fun to fly around with Harpoon and throw bombs and stab things as a teeny tiny target. And I have a pet donkey. New Hunter tree looks like it may be workable to keep the good times rolling. Gnome Hunter life is good.

So, I don’t care what Dracthyr do (outside of pvp; may need to take a look at it in that context. I have no idea if it works in WM & BG’s, maybe keep the nerf there?). In pve, let ‘em rip as originally designed. Won’t bother me none.

1 Like

Soar does not work in instances or in combat.

2 Likes

Unimpactful. Nerf changes absolutely nothing.

1 Like

Answers my BG concern. But can they chase you down to initiate combat in WM?

Do you mean once the Dracthyr is soaring? I don’t think you can somehow “force” them to cancel Soar and get them down, no.

Woah, what did we do to you?

yes, sort of… need to find you first though. That is largely irrevalent if they let DF work everywhere else (like they should) though

Edit: you can almost do this with flight and the net gun already though

The Nightborne racial is creating a mailbox. That mailbox has a 10+ minute cooldown. If such a garbage racial deserves a 10+ minute cooldown then an obviously awesome racial such as Soar has already beaten the astronomical odds at ONLY 5 minutes. Soar still does 640% flight speed every 5 minutes. You get fun every 5 minutes, Nightborne get to summon a mailbox. Quit whining.

Just be thankful it doesn’t have a 30 minute cooldown.

3 Likes

It’s been reduced to 4 minutes, 3 minutes if you have discovered the whole map.

3 Likes

A quick trip to the pot store and I can herb in any form I choose.

1 Like

i don’t even care when people do this in relevant content lmfao

2 Likes

Yup I care that DH’s have been asking to use their wings to fly since legion and they give that ability to some skinny emo lizards instead. Makes me sick. :crazy_face:

In all honesty its a great perk as is but I guess I didn’t care much in the first place as I didn’t see it in action in the first place so have no experience on how fast it really is.

Personally I think the Nightborne Racial to summon a letterbox definitely needs the cool-down brought down immensely, maybe 3-5 min, like in all honesty it’s only a mailbox.

For the Soar nerf, I think it sort of takes away the whole “I’m a dragon” theme/fantasy Blizzard so strongly is pushing. I do think since Dragon flying is strictly for Dragonflight that once that expansion is over they’ll then maybe unlock that skill to all players to use in Azeroth and the Dracythr itself will have the cool-down removed to adjust to that transition. Well hopefully that’s what they have planned.

I was personally more surprised they can’t fly on their own as a racial at the regular mount speed then anything else but that’s just me. Honestly who cares if they get to point A to point B quicker in Azeroth old content… :man_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

There is no advantage or disadvantage for me in regards to this , this is something the dedicated wpvp players need to answer since its not like flying mount that every can use but a class specific skill not available to everyone .

1 Like

i dont really pay attention to beta. blizzard ignores feedback, develops what they develop and we all just kind of hope for the best. so for me, i dont care.

I don’t care about soar but I do like the evoker and the dracthyr class and race.

You would prefer to believe that they’re lying to us? That they’re substituting a completely reasonable and acceptable rationale with something borderline nonsensical and inarguably inconsequential? To deliberately generate negative press?

And you see this as a virtue?

1 Like

The real kicker is that it’s not even useful in Dragonflight content anymore, where everyone has access to dragonriding regardless. It will always be more efficient to use your dragon mount as a dragon. Waiting for vigour to regenerate for a long flight is optimal over wasting your height on Soar which won’t be able to travel the same distance and will leave you at a height disadvantage once you’d made use of it.

5 Likes