Those wanting vanilla purity

I get it a LOT of people want the original experience with nothing more, nothing less.

A HUGE difference that i see nobody talking about is this:
The Secure Action and Secure functions protected introduced in 2.0 , For Macros and Addons.

Part of vanilla was it was the wild wild west for addons, you could basically do anything you wanted to. We had AMAZING addons like decursive, but also bad addons like whole character rotations in a single button.

However, Classic has diverged from this and it is not a true vanilla experience.

i think the fact that blizzard/Ion said, way back at blizzcon, that specific addons would not be allowed, because a lot of them practically play the game for you and/or even cheating, is a given. but ALL addons arent blocked either. as many are already using [in beta] updated addons from vanilla. like questie/quest helper for example.

No-one?!

the topic, i thought, was about the inability to use macros and addons in general. not the inability to use -specific- macros and addons.
no, you cant auto target and NPCscan will remain broken but it wasnt a thing until bc anyway. which is what your topic talks about. auto targeting.

but you can use addons and macros in classic. people are doing it on stream as we speak and i had made a macro in the demo, even if it was a simple /attack macro. tab targeting is still a thing.

Check out https://wow.gamepedia.com/Macro_(1.0)#Assist_Main_Tank.2FMain_Assist to see some of the neat vanilla macros. You can’t do that in classic with the current API they’ve chosen.

1 Like

I was a dumb 15 year old kid when I played vanilla, no idea what addons were. Some just give to much of an advantage over ur typical naked player, glad to see the limited.

2 Likes

If we could get a 100% vanilla experience (impossible I know, but we’re already talking hypotheticals), that would be a very small price to pay.

I’d still 100% be on board

so, its just the cheaty software and macros that people are upset is broken? because i know that other posters here are upset at it invalidating a lot of boxing software and you cant sit there and…wait

is it better to limit certain actions and macros or remove them completely? i think we can all agree on the first.

Far more than boxing software. That was literally the flashpoint post to raise awareness, and a successful one.

Decursive was amazing? It automated critical gameplay. There’s a reason addons like that were broken.

3 Likes

Sure it was. :roll_eyes:

Fourth attempt to raise awareness, worked like a charm. Now people are aware.

More like 4th time the forums have been spammed with the same exact topic about a feature that was intentionally removed from the modern api and had didn’t exist in the vanilla era…

Now we just need a cm to learn how to actually do their damn job properly and Purge the spammer and his incessant whinning over trying to add non vanilla features to the game, all because he wants them to aid in his attempts to exploit, and a all while ignoring that they are features that would have a massive impact on the entirety of combat in general, and where already purposely removed.

Yeah, because 4 posts on a single topic in these forums is a rarity right?

• Streamers - Only ever been 3 posts.
  • Release date - Only ever been 3 posts.
  • Beta access - Only ever been 3 posts.
  • Asmongold - Only ever been 3 posts.

Ah huh.

Don’t pretend to be stupid with me.

4 posts on the exact same topic, started by the exact same person is spamming. In the other cases in your pathetic attempts to deflect to, the topics are not all engineered by one guy. You know what you’re doing, and you know it’s against the rules… You not getting the response you wanted isn’t justification for making new threads constantly.

7 Likes

Actually, the latest one was asked for by the people in the previous thread, as a summation of all the technical discussion spread through that post. I am actually getting the response I was hoping for.

I have a feeling the CMs give him a pass because he carries water for blizzard so often.

All I am seeing here are a bunch of logical fallacies, trying to hijack the thread. Get off your soap boxes.

All I was stating is we no longer have vanilla purity.

As Eloraell points out, the functionality that was focus isnt cheating at all, and is still extremely useful in raiding/groups/pvp. So if we are using the current API (not vailla purity), we might as well have access to the current /focus mechanics.