This Week in WoW: April 3, 2023

With cross faction guilds, how will this affect Mythic Raid composition for faction purposes? Can half of our raid race change to an alliance race and still engage in our Mythic Raid?

2 Likes

The new zone is a cavern? Can we fly in it?

You’ll be able to fly in it.

1 Like

Nice. Got a couple faction changes on standby.

I’ll toss my name in the hat for this. Sounds good to me!

Idk why but this just hit my funny bone perfectly and I’m still giggling

1 Like

So… back in Shadowlands, Blizzard cut short Season 3 and said that they were sorry for that and would avoid to shorten the raid duration by that much (plenty of semi-hardcore guilds finish their CEs by the 5 “monthish” mark, which is the usual tier timeframe), even nerfing Jailer and others by a lot to compensate for a really short raid duration.

And then… we’re doing it again? If S3 wasn’t an exception, but the new standard, instead of saying sorry, shouldn’t there be kinda of a warning that with the DF release, “all raid tiers will now be 4 months or less, prepare accordingly for this change”?

1 Like

I really just want PvP to be good again, blizz. Rets are plaguing the ladder.

2 Likes

As a side note to the OP…can’t you pick a better posting name? Having BlizzardEntertainment all one word immediately makes me suspiciously narrow my eyes. I’ve had one too many ingame mails from that guy to trust anything you say.

12/12/22- 5/9/23 = 4 months or less?

5/2 actually(well, okay, depending on when they set the cutoff since it could be either), but it’s still 141 days (or 148), or 4 months and 20 days (or 27 days).

Not only in it, but into it (there will be multiple tunnels from the surface opening down to the new zone that you fly seamlessly from the open world down into the new zone - I’ve not actually logged into the PTR to try it myself, but the videos out there looked cool)

1 Like

Fantastic picture, ty for the new screensaver <3

Great! I haven’t seen any videos yet.
My current experience with caverns gt me worried

Are guild size limits going to be increased at all?

You know, to accommodate all the guilds split across Alliance/Horde that will probably want to merge now?

So cross faction guilds? This means only on your server I would imagine? This is not cross server guilds.

Dang it! New patch goes live right before I take a week long trip.

Perfect timing I came back from a 2 month long break and came back on April 2nd and this is one month away my my love my luck.

Oh I can’t wait to hear the music and the story for this patch.

Unfortunately cross-faction guilds are useless to a lot of people, same with the cross faction instances that were added a while back. People want to queue with friends to level in dungeons, not just do max level stuff. Being locked out of Normal/Heroic/Timewalking dungeons because a single friend prefers to play Horde instead of Alliance feels bad.

I see there is a tick box in the LFG that lets you decide if you want the other faction in your groups, why is this not part of RDF as well? What makes max level content so damn special?

6 Likes

Season 2 begins on May 9th, so does Season 1 end on May 2nd when the patch goes live, or May 9th when Season 2 begins?

Asking for…me, who was putting off hitting 2500 for the transmog so I could keep leveling more alts and spending way too much time every week grinding away at profession knowledge for some reason. ><