This system needs love in the next expac

I know what you mean. I still haven’t purchased the last expansion and based on what DyngDawng has told me, I’m not feeling any desire to. I’ve been collecting some pets from the BfA expansion and some pets from the past that I might have missed. But I feel like I’ve pretty much done everything I want to do.

Using my Uuna to help someone get their Baa’l would have been cool. It seems you don’t actually have to level up Uuna to collect Baa’l. Someone else with an Uuna will do the necessary debuffing.

It was nice to play in the two new pet dungeons that weren’t available two years ago, but I’ve already gotten all the pets from them.

It would be nice if more of the basic wild pets we collect had more value in various dailies and ‘big’ battles. What I mean is, it seems every strategy for defeating most of the quests all boil down to that core team of 20-25 pets. Seems the only value in the Shadowlands pets than I can see, is completing a collection.

And talking about wild pets, it would be nice if we could cage them. Now, I wouldn’t allow pets from the current expansion to be caged because it’s still new content and you want people out collecting instead of gathering them al from the AH, but it would be a neat little side hustle for folks wandering around Northrend or Outlands and who happen to catch a blue to be able to sell it for a handful of gold.

And they also desperately need to add a lot of spawn points for wild pets both in Shadowlands and BfA zones. It’s not fun flying around for 5-10 minutes just to find a random pet to battle.

1 Like

I am still waiting for raiding with leashes 7

So many great ideas in this thread! I have to throw in my support for pet battles though! They are the primary reason I play WOW & while I love collecting, for me it is driven to create quality pvp teams.

So battle queues - would love to see a revision of how they are structured so all those “cricket infested” queues are re-programed into a few thriving ones. Only one or two other battlers on mine, guessing from their fight styles.

If there is nothing left but crickets on some queues, I have wonder if the over powered weather capacities is at partially responsible. Running 3 sandstorm or 3 darkness pets tends to be a huge fun suck for me. Then there is that despicable slime anomulus.

The pet battling part of the battle pets community offers so many amazing resources online, and I find the collector+battler community to be incredibly friendly & supportive.

Sign me up for the “fight for battle pets” team! Cannot conceive of WOW without them.

1 Like