This story is (isn't )terrible. Let's fix it

I’d suggest the story forum. It appears you are looking for some fiction to rewrite the current storyline. You might have better luck than here

So what, we got back to Legion where Sylvanas was made Warchief and some anti hero? Naaa, at least she’s in Character this expansion.

Legion Sylvanas was a pile of fandom horse manure.

Make a huge spectacle and burn everything you just won to spite a single no name elf, is not within her character in the slightest.

1 Like

I disagree, the Sylvanas I know from Warcraft 3 is a spiteful little devil.

She’s always been evil.

Spiteful, maybe, but not stupid. She went from a tree full of supplies and POWs she could have, and seemed intended to, use as leverage to idiotic one liners about killing hope then incensing the Alliance.

1 Like

She’s always been stupid too. She had Arthas in her clutches in Frozen Throne only to let him barely escape because she had to brag and make some one liners. Sorry, the writing in Warcraft has always been meh.

But Blizzard can never win because not even the fans can agree on whether or not a character is behaving as they should.

I wont argue that point, the writing has always been bad, corny at best, but its taken a noticeable downturn since WoD. its like Ion went out of his way to drag things through the dirt.

“BURN IT!” she cried.

Nathanos walked over to the catapult. He looked down at the torch in his hand. She turned her back to watch the blaze.

“Yes my lady.” he said with a tear in his eye. He knew this wrong. He knew this was evil. He remembered his time in the third war, how he battled the scourge and stood against the Lich king. He took one last look at his love. He did not recognize her anymore.

The threw the torch to the ground and drew his bow.

She turned to see the arrow knocked.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?” she barked.

“This is not war. This is murder. This is not glory. This is hatred. We once fought for something better than this. WE fought for righteousness. We fought for each other. Not for some petty vendetta. OR do you not remember the Scar? The deep unhealing wound that mad man cut into your home? The People he killed. The pain he brought not just to them, but to you as well!”

“I remember well enough!” She said. the Dark tendrils of the banshee power spreading out from her.

“Then why do you act like the monster who brought this to you. Enough is enough. This is not the horde. This is not what Vol’jin saw in you. What we saw in you. What I saw in you.”

She walked forward to Nathanos. The Arrow struck her in the chest off from her heart. She stumbled back. He knocked another. Baine rushed forward but Saurfang held out his hand, stopping him. She continued again. Another arrow hit her in the leg between her armor.

“You do this to your self.” He said. And he let the last arrow go. There were no more chances. No more Valkyr. The Banshee Queen was dead for good.

Nathanos knelt by her side craddeling her body. He placed his forehead to hers.

“I am sorry my love.” he said.

Saurfang turned to Baine. "Gather the troops. We are leaving. "

The ground shook. The water swirled. a deep growling could be heard. Sylvanas’s eyes ripped open, her body was torn from her lover’s arms. A demonic laugh echoed in the minds of all present.

“This is not over. My will, will be done.” Sylvanas said. But the voice was not hers. Tentacles began to writhe out of the water. Creatures of nightmare, that resembled octopi rose from the depths around the shore. Faceless ones began to march forward.

Zekhan rushed forward and grabbed Nathanos. A tentacle latched on to his foot. And before anyone could do anything he was drug to the sea.

Saurfang felt a twinge in his back, creeping up his spine.

“Not again.” he said. “Not another son.” He roared like all orcs do. And Charged.

1 Like

I doubt that many on this forum count as much when it comes to creative writing. Specially not professional grade writers. There might be a few hidden in the ranks, but they probably wish to be left alone and not giving inspirational material out.

The current story line is meant to piss off Alliance players, it has done just that. It meant to make people hate Sylvanas. It is also meant to question what is the Horde. It has done that too. Warcraft has always been Orc vs Human / Horde vs Alliance. Its the back bone that fuels the whole struggle of everything else in the world. If the Horde and Alliance got along nothing would be that much of a big deal. The two forces would always be combined to wipe out every threat before it is a major deal.

But with both factions at a state of war, with a great deal of mistrust and deception going on by both sides. It lets the evil to fester and become that big deal that is needed to create xpac to xpac.

1 Like