This is the "community" not having LFD protects

Video is a parody, but there is a lot of truth in it.

15 Likes

overcapped the gold??? oh my

Mother of pearl so true and yet yet yet people argue against the against the wow token.

And RFD and yeah that social interaction yeah you’re completely right people just wow

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t see what the big deal about the token is. No one is forced to buy it. I’ve never bought a token on Retail. Never felt the need to.

i truly believe that more than half wow classic are involved in buying/selling gold.
those who pretend that it’s not true? must be gold buyers and want to keep it secret Or gold sellers and are afraid of getting caught.

but i don’t blame both sides, since they are doing that activity to get what they need without putting anyone at harm…
gold buyers pay $$$ to save time/effort
gold sellers are probably people who doesn’t work & need the $$$ for living.

and if someone will tell me that selling/buying gold is illegal activity? then why the hell blizzard does sell gold for $$$ in retail? that’s since 2015 and it looks like everyone is happy with it.
gold buyers just buy tokens from shop & convert it into gold & gold sellers buy those tokens from AH to convert it into balance, get keys “games/gametime.etc” and sell those on 3rd party sites slightly cheaper as a method of converting gold to $$$ & that gold selling/buying is legal in blizzard eyes.

this whole RMT in wow is hopeless case & in-game boosts/service/raid spots/raid items selling are all part of it, i don’t think blizzard will ever do anything about it.

and i think it’s a fact that any rich person will buy gold, no way they’ll farm for it.

10 Likes

I see an Azamous video, I like it.

1 Like

I don’t even know. Once you go into pretty much any WoW Classic Discord you see how rampant gold buying is. I’ll take people at their word if they say they really don’t know how common buying it is but… they either don’t care as long as they get some of it indirectly themselves, are not paying attention, or are running with a really rare group who just doesn’t buy.

On the Discords, almost every one i’m on, someone is talking about where to get gold and how to avoid detection (and there are absolutely ways, I will not say them here but obviously people know) or how they need to wait until payday to get more gold for whatever. I would not be surprised by anywhere between 30% and 50% buying gold for something. I’m not even in the GDKP Discords etc, although yeah people use it for everything not just that.

2 Likes

i’ve seen people in leveling guilds, or raiding guilds talking about same topic and it looked like that everyone is considering buying gold while some was already bought.

people aren’t even afraid to talk about that in game chat, Maybe because it’s obvious that blizzard doesn’t ban any gold buyer. and yes i do know people who bought thousands of gold on new accounts and nothing ever happened to them.

but anyway i’m sure blizzard are aware of how massive gold buying is and they would never ban those buyers because if they Aim to steal the benefit by introducing tokens later? they wouldn’t dare to touch the current “gold buyers” customers.

2 Likes

It inflates the gold market and brings prices up. It’s simple economics. You are then forced to follow suit based on inflation. So you may not see anything wrong with paying more for things unnecessarily but I certainly do.

1 Like

it’s only “illegal” because Blizzard doesn’t get a cut of the profit if you buy from a 3rd party

4 Likes

Have you played Retail recently? It literally throws gold at you just from playing the game. That is the cause of the inflation, not the token.

Why do people who farm gold legit have to suffer with the wow token because of blizz not banning cheaters properly? Why give the company thats incompetent to fix the problem even more money?

2 Likes

I have no idea but i just dont think its very many. I dont care if they do buy it either. I had a guild leader that would openly talk about it. He even bought for amother guy in the other guild because the other guy was afraid to. Yeah they both had thier epic mounts before i did. Big whoopie. It didnt change a thing. I farmed and quested and sold stuff on the ah and never had any probs with paying for raiding mats. Imo the gold sellers fill the ah with cheap good so ppl loke me that play the game can afford stuff. And the money they make is sold to players that by high priced items with it. Like epic flying.

We aren’t talking about Retail though, where dailies give you 1k gold. We’re talking about Classic where you get 8g

People posting SWP Patterns/Gear for 20-30k lol

2 Likes

Thats because they are supposed to be bought by a guildbank for raiders and not by the individual. Guildbanks should have goldcap atleast if they raided from p1 to now all the time and selling gems high and such.

1 Like

imagine selling your guild run gems instead of giving them to your raiders
yikes

1 Like

Lol, that is not at all why they are priced that high. It’s swiping, plain and simple. And there’s always gonna be people on here saying that it’s easy to farm 30-50k without buying

But I bet the people buying the stuff you’re selling are buying and like an above poster talks about, the true way it affects entire realms is via inflation

It inflates the price of absolutely everything. The only way to keep up with that system is to farm your own stuff (really tough on mega servers competing with bots/farmers) or do GDKPs where swipers are just laundering their cash

1 Like

The idea that LFD is somehow going to combat gold buying is straight up Alex Jones territory.

2 Likes

LFD gets you easy badges every day. Every other week you can buy a new piece of 213 gear. You won’t stop gold buying, but unlike TBC its a non GDPK alternative.

What’s your alternative? Just spamming?

1 Like

Well I said guildbanks buy it for raiders to gear them. If your guildbank isnt goldcapped then its either a new bank or your leaders are just bad at it.