This is against the rules, right?

https://i.imgur.com/WfAVg3c.jpeg

Standing on that roof so guards couldn’t get to him while he rained spells on us

1 Like

Yes. You’re not allowed to be PVPing in a spot where the guards can’t reach you.

8 Likes

That’s not really true, you can’t pvp on a spot an enemy player can’t reach.
It would have to be a spot a person glitched themselves onto for a gm to do anything about it.

2 Likes

No, what the OP is describing is safespotting, and specifically against the rules.

15 Likes

I’ve talked to gms about that same exact spot and its never been an issue.
If you have mount you can get up there, if you don’t there are lvl 60s you can call to come help.

Screw the rules I have money.

Sorry I couldn’t resist. Little Kuriboh anyone? =P

Isn’t going on top of the arena in Gadgetzan against the rules cause guards can’t get up there?

5 Likes

It is but you have to “glitch” wall hop on top of the building, and that’s a non issue anyways because guards will punt you off.

There are actually posts from GMs about this issue stating that any pvp on top of buildings is against the rules.

1 Like

Yes it is, report them for cheating, or hacking if they used fly/jump hack programs to get there.

1 Like

Usually blue posts come back after making a decision, and they base it on intended game design. Darkshire is guarded for alliance as a “safe haven” for lower level characters. Raining fire on low levels in the middle of town, with immunity from those guards, is not intended gameplay. Nonetheless, it would probably just boil down to a gm whisper asking you to please leave.

3 Likes

You are incorrect sir. The sticking point for Blizzard has always been attacking from a spot that has guards, but from which those guards can not attack you. It has nothing to do with whether or not another player can get there, and everything to do with whether or not the guards bug out.

5 Likes

you can get on top of that building by jumping onto it with a mount.

1 Like

Blues literally made a post about this. This is exploitative gameplay that bypasses the natural consequences of pvping in a neutral town (guards). This is bannable

6 Likes

All the way back in vanilla there are blue quotes stating that guard safespotting is forbidden. One in particular by Caydiem.

2 Likes

The safe spotting involving an enemy player is in instanced PvP, in open world the criteria for safe spotting involves guard interaction. If you were in a place inside WSG that you can not reach without special abilities or items then it is safe spotting. If you get on top of a spot that is not defendable by guards to harass others, that is safe spotting.

It is important to understand and quote the correct instance in which is being discussed. There is more then enough precedent already for this to be considered safe spotting.

It is also douchey.

4 Likes

Of all the things they let slide in classic, this seems like it would be the least actionable thing on that list. But interesting to know that it’s against the rules. Not that I ever did it or anything lol.

It’s only against the rules if he gets aggro on guards and they proceed to be unable to do anything to him because of where he is. If the guards never try to attack him it’s completely fine.

This post by a blue should help.

1 Like

Yes, Blizzard has said at various points that circumventing guards by safespotting is actionable.

2 Likes