This is a logical fallacy: "You can just get a sub and cancel it before the month is over!"

Yeah and let me tell you something: Most people will never ever think of this as a big-brained idea to get out of this.

The same casual players that are derided and ripped on across this very same forum, the ones that find a +2 key competitive and difficult? The working class moms and dads who don’t have the time to google such a paradoxically odd loophole?

Yeah.

They’re the ones getting bitten by this.

And they make up the bulk of the subs.

So even if you can big-brain bypass and loophole the 60 day thing it’s going to rope-in way more people than I feel that people expect.

This is like expecting all people that walk into a dungeon to realize what a venthyr covenant urn or stone gargoyle does. Sure it’s not hard to do once you realize what to do! True!!! TRUE!

But the problem is, just like the many venthyr players I’ve seen (including myself) that walked past that urn… if you aren’t shown it then it’s utterly pointless.

6 Likes

Just gonna leave this here since it got me the first time too

Good idea. People are fuming on the forums w/o knowing what a clue of what is being done.

Not going to be bitten by this since there’s like 500 posts on this time card change.
But let’s have another one, by the forum superstar.

6 Likes

PSA: A logical fallacy does not mean that you are wrong. It means that the logic you used to reach your conclusion is flawed.

If you are saying something is wrong because it represents a flawed logical conclusion then you have to demonstrate how they failed in their logic to arrive at their conclusion.

You can arrive at the correct conclusion using a logical fallacy and you can arrive at the wrong conclusion while not using a logical fallacy.

6 Likes

I wish I could get a day’s sub for each of these posts. I would be able to play for free until the Internet is obsolete.

2 Likes

Yeah, I woke up this morning and thought

Man, you know whose opinion we really need to hear on this issue? Preheat

10 Likes

I’ll take “I’ve never taken a basic deductive logic class in school” for 500, Alex.

2 Likes

gigglesnort

2 Likes

Lmao

10chars

That’s not a fallacy

That just means a lot of you shouldn’t be able to spend money online without supervision because you had no idea what you’re doing

Preheet?

Not every invalid argument is a logical fallacy.

Oooo i never saw a post get ignored as i was reading it! It kinda just dimmed.

Go home preheàt your drunk

1 Like

I dont think you understand what a logical fallacy is.

So I’m seeing all these threads, but I don’t know what it’s about. From what I can tell just from forum posts…

The time cards you can buy (the non sub 1 time payments) they are removing the $15 one month option and the lowest is now a 2 month option for $30. Yes?

People are mad because now if they want to just pay one month at a time their only option is to do a one month bill sub for $15. Yes? And they are bothered because it requires the extra step of cancelling the sub right after buying it, so as not be charged. Correct?

The pricing hasn’t actually changed?

If that is all correct, while I do think it’s not hard to just sub then unsub, I do think it’s a tiny bit of a sleaze move by Blizz, because I can only assume that their reason for doing this is to encourage more people to sub in hopes that people will not sub/cancel but just sub and either forget to cancel, or just choose sub over the one time payments.

I cancelled my sub two weeks ago and my time runs out in about a week so I have no opinion one way or the other. But if its true Blizz is losing a lot of players, I’m not entirely surprised by this.

1 Like

@OP - Such a genuine new player probably doesn’t have enough experience with this game to state such opinions.

That being said, and not to defend Blizz on this predatory action, but people can just get into the habit of purchasing a subscription when they want to play, then immediately cancelling it. It will charge you the $15 and give you 30 days play time, but won’t auto-renew. An extra couple steps, and certainly an inconvenience, but…

Of course, if people start doing that too much, Blizz might change it to where you get a full refund if you cancel within the same hour / day you sub, thus forcing you to go back to their site the next day and cancel… in hopes that you forget.