This has to be the worst Blizzard comment I've ever seen

Correct! This isn’t so hard to understand.

3 Likes

At some point, either way, they need to grow some testicular fortitude and speak plainly and straightforwardly with their customer base.

What they are doing now is just making things worse.

2 Likes

That’s the entire point. You limit those who can test so that you have a manageable population. If you just open it up to everyone, feedback’s going to become essentially meaningless. Focused, targeted groups are going to give you more useful feedback than, say, several million people.

It’s why virtually everything uses focus groups these days.

I don’t usually quote entire posts unless they’re short, or I’m commenting on the entire thing.

As to the other point: I’ll have to re-read it again in a bit. Don’t wanna go jumping to conclusions like some of the people who are against it. Oooooooh.

^^ this ^^
they didn’t listen to anyone in BfA testing why would they bother with SL testers/posters?

a corporate something. representative? no.

For the record, this is what I was referring to:

Full Blue Post

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-torghast-tower-of-the-damned/498548/129

Their stated goals, as of two days ago.

I’m not going off of a 6 month old quote from BlizzCon. I’m going off of current guidance to alpha testers.

1 Like

New around here are you?

The customer base is whack-a-doodle. People scream about crazy stuff. They take perfectly reasonable explanations, twist them out of proportion, and insist the world is ending based on their delusions.

Blizzard screws up plenty, but I have tons of sympathy for how they try to communicate, because of threads like this.

I made bank in my career as a professional communicator, and I would never, ever, ever want to deal with an audience like this. GD is full of crazy people.

I personally enjoy watching the insanity, but that’s what it is.

2 Likes

I’m sure you did Karen.

1 Like

Yes Blizzard, which owns, operates and develops WoW, have made a unilateral decision to include a soft timer on Torghast, which means they do not need any feedback on the subject, and have now moved onto fine tuning said timer within the content and require feedback on that from people actually testing the content with the timer.

So it is a done deal and maybe everyone else should move on as well.

1 Like

Not always true, It is usually the majority that create the more meaningful feedback, just look at Grinding Gear Games Path of Exile, look at the beginning of every league, the first 2 weeks feel more like a open beta rather then a release because they create such small focus groups.

New? Heh. Yeah, you’re definitely aiming your cannon in the wrong direction.

They are getting plenty of feedback from alpha testers that the timer feels bad and should be removed entirely.

Fight until you unsubscribe. You’ll hate yourself later, if you don’t.

Hence why Blizzard put that statement out.

(And I really hope they are not using the phrase ‘feels bad’; it is so callow and vague.)

That statement seems more P.R. repair than sincere dev intent, as there is a quick and easy way for them to fix the problem that does not require them resorting to time pressure design mechanics.

You’re IL 411… You don’t play this game. Alpha or not, your opinion doesn’t matter.

Most of said feedback on the alpha forum came after the blue post.

And you can see for yourself what the feedback was, I linked the thread a few posts up.

Honestly, since there is no power rewards (currently), i don’t even see why it needs a timer.

If power rewards are put in though, it needs something.

Don’t bother me either way. I don’t like timers any more than the next person but I will try it and if I like it, great, and if I don’t, I will move onto something else. There are too many entertaining things to do in this game to freak out over one piece of possibly irksome end game content, especially when I haven’t tried it for myself.

So, they were fine with the timer before?

I don’t think I understand what you are arguing.

It doesn’t. Just have the “Exhausted” debug not expire until the start of the next level/floor.