This has gone on long enough

Perhaps one day, people will understand that streamers are not God and that what they broadcast and stream, isn’t always necessarily true and legit. They’re there for the views and subscriptions. I know this is a hard concept for a lot of people to understand, but good grief. I nearly closed out this thread just by this alone.

As for the rest? I’m sorry your friend has had this going on. The unfortunate truth is that people don’t really understand how to really cover their butts when they start trying to build a case of harassment. Blizzard is very much at fault here for the methodology and making this information easily accessible and understandable. But ike Kozzae said, they are absolutely cracking down on these kinds of things. If only people could see the threads that get shut down for people arguing over their sanctions for chat violations.

I’ve been on MG for several years, I get it. We get trash people and in random dungeons and stuff off-server people like to assume that we are defined by Goldshire alone. It’s easy enough to say “grow a thicker skin” but you shouldn’t have to. I will say though? If people start spreading those kind of rumors, they are rarely - if ever - believed, and it speaks more on them and the guild as a whole for doing something like that. As long as I’ve been there, no one cares honestly. I say that as a realm-mate and a former officer of one of the longer running guilds on the server. Really, no one listens to these kinds of rumors.

That said. Building a case for harassment, be it for you or anyone else reading? The biggest thing is to NEVER interact with the people who are doing the harassment. Don’t ask them to stop. Don’t acknowledge them at all. Jot down time stamps. Right-click and report, then pop them on ignore. If they go around that ignore, right-click them as well. Keep track of all of this, and submit the harassment ticket with the evidence. But the biggest thing is to absolutely, under no circumstances do you answer, respond to or interact with the people harassing you. If you do, it lessens your case as it is a voluntary and consensual interaction.

I am sorry though, for what you’ve gone through and your friend as well.

I’m not sure why you feel this way, having some empathy for the guy who has proof that it happen, and being able to see it is not a bad thing is it. It is not some strange worship, watching him ignore a guy using his dead mom name on mother day would make most normal people feel bad, and watching them keep doing it and ignore did not matter.

I agree, for me I just wish Blizzard was harder on people and made examples better over the years so that reporting feels like it matters, and players feel like they can’t just act this way.

Thank you and I wish my friend would come back, but I understand how she feels.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with Biblical law other than man not following the rules and word of God.

Your friend on youtube? I remember coming across some channel of a chick who I guess used to play wow but is now obsessed with ff(which i dont personally get why)

Just log out. Stop playing online games with random people.

nah she is not. Last time we talk she was playing Guild wars 2 i think.

I’ve noticed you use that word a lot. Decency is subject to your beliefs. In some countries, it’s considered decent to remove your hand for stealing. Some find it decent to throw people off of buildings for behavior that they consider indecent. You are not the arbiter of decency. For some, just not saying what they truly think is as decent as you’re going to get. You should be happy with that.

1 Like

Wow, what a lovely comment to make to what was me simply saying that there are good people playing this game. Why is it that some people just feel a need to put down others for no real reason, accept that they can.

You have a nice day. Unless me saying ‘nice’ somehow fails to meet your world view.

1 Like

Or we can try and get Blizzard to enforce rules and make the community not act in this way.

That would be better would it not?

1 Like

I’m sorry this happens to you. It happens to lots of people but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s more common on your server due to its unfortunate reputation attracting that type.

Honestly, with this rumor I’d be like, “Yeah, I ERP in discord chat. But I have standards, you’re just mad you’re not good enough for me.”

There is nothing wrong with consenting adults getting the text lewd off privately, espeyif it’s via a third party chat.

1 Like

According to their posts (plural posters pretending to be different people) almost anything is offensive. I think we can all rest easy just not caring.

1 Like

It’s a very good name.

reads op
checks which server they are from
sighs

There’s your problem…

1 Like

It’s always an RP server.

Always.

If I had rust in game chat and I was there I woulda white knighted for you

There’s bad apples everywhere. Just cause MG has some icky rp doesn’t mean anything. But continue to blame a whole realm. :clown_face:

1 Like

There’s definitely a high amount of jerks in game these days, I’ve written another post just last week related to that topic – over the 17 years I’ve played the game I definitely notice the difference in how people act and treat each other now versus then.

There’s more components to the issue than just “Blizzard enforce your rules”…that’s what people just don’t want to get. Blizzard can do anything they want but that will never solve the problem by itself.

Player created issues have to be solved by Players.

Unfortunately , there’s a lot of weak willed players that easy will take loot/progressions of their pixels in a program over being a decent person.

Secondly, people don’t want to lose favor with their guilds or their groups they raid with, pvp with , etc. — so their mindset is “Well heck all my other guildies / raid members that I play are hacking on this person for crappy dps (or being slow, or whatever) I must join in to be with the cool kids group, after all I don’t want to be their next target and seem the outcast”.

Third - the simplest reason of all, its the Internet. Remember the old meme with the anonymity of being online…everyone is a tough guy. Because the vast majority of people know the gal/guy on the other end of the screw can’t really track them down IRL. With that feeling of protection – well the jerks love that, they party with that, they laugh at people’s expense with that.

SOOOO. How is blizzard supposed to stop all that? Keep in mind if you think “Well blizz should just ban people left and right” like with an iron fist policy…its a game to you and I but its a business to them. How well do you think their revenues will be if they have a rep spreading online that they slam down hard on people with no questions ask they are just toss from their games?

Also – how do you tell who is telling the truth? Like with the OP’s own story, how does Blizz know that story is truth? Is not embellished? If both parties are just online in a game WHO DO YOU BELIEVE!? Anyone can lie, anyone can post fake screen shots with altered text messages (its really not that hard to do).

So yeah that’s the issue.

You proved my point, thank you

Proved what? Lol get over yourself bud. I don’t have time for smug people like you. Peace!

When consent is sought and received beforehand, yes. I played on MG for a while, and whenever someone wanted to do a walk-up mugging or a storyline involving violence, they sent an OOC whisper first to make sure I was cool with it.

Harassments ingame looks nothing like RP of a villain’s behavior/story.