This game will be killed the same way they're killing HotS

With the addition of Mei and other races in wow recently, the shift from a fictional universe to imitating the fanbase (or desired fanbase) is gaining momentum. Creative energies are dying off at Blizzard when your character designs reflect the players you want to have paying for your games.

Science Fiction, Fantasy, Medieval… these are fictional universes with fictional characters and archetypes of heroes. Political correctness waters down these monolithic story realms, and imitating the playerbase rather than inspiring the playerbase will generate a massive loss of appeal.

Take for example the launcher promo for Arenas right now. There’s a female human toon with jet black hair and a modern haircut. There’s nothing fantastical about that. It looks like a plain college girl, not even an athletic one. Foxes with their comfy, made-for-outdoors snuggy apparel… Borderline imitation at least of sedentary comfy spectator homestuck female. Mei, an overweight bachelors degree in environmental studies trying to undo the damage of her overconsumption… It’s 100% pitiful, and the only people supporting it are forum shills with pre-existing shill posts with such constructive feedback as “I like this” and “That’s like your opinion, man” (verbatim).

Inb4 “That’s like your opinion, man. LOL I GOTTEM”
Inb4 “Your post has been hidden.”
Inb4 “Your account has been placed on hold.”

60 Likes

If I’m understanding this post correctly, you’re emotional because players will have more character customization options?

52 Likes

Yeah, you got me.

1 Like

That won’t be responsible for the death of the game. What will kill the game is mismanagement and arrogance like just about every other MMO that has died.

31 Likes

So you’re saying human females in game don’t look athletic enough? There are not enough faces to place into palms.

9 Likes

You seem angry,have a snickers.

17 Likes

OH NOEZ, NOT THE WOMENZ, GAMING IS CANCELLED GUYS

You are probably the guy that watches neckbeards like the quartening lmao

No one cares what your outdated world view wants

21 Likes

(Commentary): Any fictional universe is going to be based in part off of reality. Including real world ethnicity as customization doesn’t suddenly change that. Plenty of fictional universes do this. Look at Guild Wars. Look at Diablo. I wouldn’t be worried about this so much.

5 Likes

I’m saying she looks like a plain jane in modern college society, not a stoic fantasy realm female. She doesn’t have to be hyper athletic, but it has to fit.

1 Like

WoW is an amusement park. If you want something that feels serious, this is the wrong game.

6 Likes

You seem like an NPC quoting a commercial.

4 Likes

You realize that humans had different skin tones before they got removed, right?

I wish I could point out just how stupid this entire post is, but unfortunately, the forum rules apply to me too.

3 Likes

Who are you talking to?

2 Likes

An incredibly smart person, apparently.

3 Likes

Bigot? The Quartering? LOL
Please…

1 Like

They targeted gamers.

Gamers.

3 Likes

What does my post have to do with skin tone?
I’m not talking about race. I’m talking about the imitation of SJW politically minded audience that Blizzard appears to be pandering to.

1 Like

There’s tons of valid arguments and examples for that with Blizzard, and you picked none of them, good job.

4 Likes

Really constructive addition you’ve got there.

1 Like

Oh no le scary womenz and captain marvel is ebil sjw xD

Dont you have to watch his 658th video where he cries about captain marvel or whatever woman exists in the mcu

5 Likes