This anti-titan narrative is ridiculous

I am not sure if stuff in Forbidden Reach is supposed to sound like that or thats unironically bad writing. It seems to be written from perspective of someone who is extremely envious of titans, instead of actually bashing on them

3 Likes

Are you referring to that book that had notes calling out the titans in the margins?

You see, good writing is when good guys are suddenly revealed to be evil after years of being good. It’s so smart! Weren’t your expectations subverted?

12 Likes

Titans have been villainous since vanilla.
If you’re surprised by this, you haven’t been paying attention.

9 Likes

Remember when we killed the titan keeper Archaedas simply because we wanted shiny loot? That was great. Good times.

9 Likes

Got any examples? We know the titan watchers haven’t been all that great

Can’t really think of anything that the actual titans did that would be considered villainous or shocking

I wouldn’t say they’re malicious, but I don’t really get how you can say they’re “good” either. They travel the universe seeking out worlds that have the potential to produce new titans and groom those worlds to do so. They stop at various other planets along the way as well to carry out experiments and generally pursue their own interests.

Again, not “evil,” but none of that is really morally “good” either. Much of this process is incidentally good for us, but that’s not the point of it. They didn’t seal up the old gods because they love you, they did it because they want Azeroth (the being) to grow and develop according to their designs. It’s just reproduction.

The fact that they value this process more than they value the choices or well-being of individual biological life forms on the planets they visit shouldn’t be a surprise at all.

I think the most important thing to remember here is the re-origination device. It has been canonically true, since WotLK, that the Titans are willing to exterminate every single one of us if they suspect the Old Gods are gaining the upper hand.

10 Likes

Sure.
Uldum, Arathi, there are others but am PVPing atm.

i’m referring a new book in Forbidden Reach that speaks about Titans with “commentary” and commentary been so stupid that it feels like new game writers tries to diminish old writers, but lack skill to do so properly

4 Likes

Said Book’s commentary was written by Deathwing. It was not supposed to be taken seriously.

The Primalists are implied to work for Azshara too.

Why Azshara has taken control over the Void’s forces I cannot fathom yet it seems she is now running the show and is spreading Anti-Order Propaganda even against the Arcane Magic she so favors.

2 Likes

Algalon the Observer, all the way back in WOTLK, said this.

Algalon the Observer yells: I have seen worlds bathed in the Makers’ flames, their denizens fading without so much as a whimper. Entire planetary systems born and razed in the time that it takes your mortal hearts to beat once. Yet all throughout, my own heart devoid of emotion… of empathy. I. Have. Felt. Nothing. A million-million lives wasted. Had they all held within them your tenacity? Had they all loved life as you do?

This depiction of Titans being the end-all good guys was never accurate, they were always just the preferable force to the Old Gods, Undeath, and the Legion.

18 Likes

Yep.
Titans aren’t good guys.

1 Like

The only time the worlds were destroyed as they reached a level of corruption in which they needed to be destroyed. “mortal life” would be subjective at that point as they would all be puppets of the old gods and void.

Azeroth is simply lucky enough to have defenders capable of defeating those forces because we are “special” not because of anything else. We already know the Titans were well aware of the old gods on the planet and did their best to reduce their influence through multiple means. They didn’t outright destroy the world because of it.

4 Likes

To be fair, Azeroth was also judged as having reached that same level of corruption that “justified” destruction. That’s supposed to be part of the epiphany Algalon has after you beat him up; there were innumerable other planets he had already wiped out simply because they never had the chance to prove they could fight back, too.

14 Likes

Come on Treng, plenty of good guys burn all life off a world when it deviates from the blueprints. You’re just a hater.

4 Likes

True, but we also only know of one other world that was able to resist an old god and that only worked because they invoked the night warrior.

1 Like

We might know of more if the Titans didn’t burn all of them so quickly.

3 Likes

They don’t though, Its not like we have visited many more worlds other that Draenor and Argus.

As i stated they wait till its gets so bad that they don’t see a way to resolve it any other way and then exterminate all life. The titans knew Azeroth was affected by the void and didn’t instantly torch all life on the world, Even Odyn hasn’t gone so far.

It would be hard to get evidence of it considering we don’t know of any worlds currently overrun with the void that the titans are looking at. Even Argus seems to have been left in its current state yet it was horrible infected with void.

Let me stop you right there.
What reason would Algalon have to lie about the Titan’s methods when he is coming to his own personal awakening of how awful it was?

7 Likes

Reminder that the Algalon fight was in Wrath when the only ‘free’ Old God was Yogg Saron still mostly chained in Ulduar (or already defeated just to make the ridiculousness more clear). It wasn’t even remotely a ‘no win scenario’.

6 Likes