Thinking of rolling in ED for my first toon, which server? (MG vs WrA vs ED)

I love RP and I’ve been looking at Moon Guard, Wyrmrest Accord and Emerald Dream. From what I’ve seen, Moon Guard seems like the meme server, WrA seems a bit… stuck up? and ED seems chill and actually does raids later on.

I would love some comments on the three communities. Thanks!

3 Likes

ED has smaller guilds and less RP, but the RP it has is very high quality, and we also incorporate PvP which makes it better. WrA has a lot of RP but a bit chunk of it sucks, MG is similar, but less of it sucks. I’d say ED is best.

2 Likes

Interesting, some woulda said that Moon Guard is more “sucky.”
Could you elaborate? :slight_smile: Thanks for the reply!

1 Like

ED was originally created as an RPPVP server and continues to be that. Yes there are raiders here like everywhere else but ED before warmode focused hard on pvp. Most of the RP here is warmode on, so there is still pvp elements here. Personally out of the 3 I would say ED has quality over quantity and WrA Is quantity over quality. And MG is ranked 3rd for RP due to their “extra curricular activities”

3 Likes

Not gonna lie, I’ve never played on these servers, this is just from what I’ve heard lol.

About the Qlty vs Qnty, how hard would it be to find RP going on or Guilds? Since the WrA forum is a couple times more active that the ED one, I would love an estimate.

Thanks again! :smiley:

There are tons of RP events weekly though guilds and alliance side and horde side both have a discord where we discuss up coming events which is why forums aren’t very active. Moderators went ban happy a few years ago so most of us went to discord or twitter.

Anyhow, walk ups are probably more common in MG or WrA. But once you get a part of an RP guild there’s a lot of events usually going on so RP mostly stays in guilds or our little rp community. Alliance is a lot bigger than the horde and is more likely to be caught RPing in public than horde. However horde is slowly growing in numbers for RP here.

Hope you find a new home you enjoy on either server.

1 Like

Is there a way to get the links to the servers? :smiley:

I think we cancelled most of the public links due to recent drama/and or have not updated it with new ones, but if you want, i can get it for you tomorrow. in bed atm so dont have the discord up. Feel free to btag me Lavick#11735 and can at least get you the alliance one in the morning.

1 Like

For Horde: My Btag: MrthePanda#1597

Check out the Forum Post for Horde Events I just updated May with what I can remember off the top of my head. More events can always be added. These are cross-faction and community events… so within guilds there may be more. This also includes both in game RP community links.
And usually Sat. night is bar night for both sides - and Alliance has a bar night on Tue night, as well.

There is also a community online newspaper that a few of the folks have been contributing too… list of upcoming events, coverage of events that recently happened, and advertisements. `https://www.redwoodtimesonline.com/redwood-times
Back editions are there, and a new one should be out really late tonight!

And ED has a ton of Pride!

1 Like