Thinking of maining resto

Don’t even bother with talking to this guy. He’s always on the Warlock forums requesting Affliction warlock rotation to literally be refresh 3 dots and spam drain soul for 15 seconds. If gameplay isnt braindead for him he is overwhelmed.

2 Likes

If I have the capability of assisting in any way I’m likely to do that. I’d refuse to stand by and watch others work while I sit on my hands. I’d feel guilty otherwise.
You sound like a defeated person… dont give up bud.

I’m not sure why you are trying to bring up IRL examples or trying to judge me tbh but if you want to get in to it… The difference between you and I is apparent…
I’d work hard to assist my colleagues and build better relationships and a work environment. Clearly you dont/wont because you worked in “retail” or some garbage.

Also. There is nothing saying that your only job is healing. You have the capability of doing more, why gimp yourself and do the minimal amount? Like i said earlier, pure laziness. You will never excel in this dumb game OR in life if you have that mentality.

2 Likes

I literally don’t see what any of this has to do with Aff lock stuff, keep the topics seperated, but I will address your nonsensical nonsense, regardless though.

The Affliction Warlock stuff is because they keep trying to make a DoT spec something complex. Do you understand what drove people to playing DoT specs in the first place? Before this expansion or even last expansion. It was their simplicity. People who enjoy DoT specs enjoy them for their simple playstyle; put DoTs up, drain. Refresh DoTs, drain. That was literally the playstyle and that was what older expansions had to it, too, when it was even more popular than the overly complex nonsense it is right now.

I say overly complex, what I mean by this is; it’s around 15 buttons, which is completely overbloating the entire rotation compared to Legion (The either most popular or top 3 most popular iterations) of it. Yes, Legion had broken numbers, but the gameplay rotation for it was actually 4 buttons, 2 buttons to explain.

MoP wasn’t that big on rotation, either, nor WoD, nor Wrath. All of these versions had shorter button bloat, simpler rotations, easier to pull off DoT specs, yet they were far more popular iterations. Why? They were simpler, easier and less of a headache. People that play DoT specs, usually don’t play them for the numbers, they get attracted to the playstyle simply because it’s an easy and lazy, simple one. Put DoTs up, drain, do mechanics that need to be done. Of course that isn’t to say that there’s no players playing the spec for the numbers, as there’s always people who do play for those, but that’s usually higher end players, ones who do mythic raiding or cutting edge content. I would fully argue that most of the casuals, the normies, the Heroic and less skilled players, just wanted a simple spec to play that was fun and entertaining.

It also very much fits into the fantasy, while this iteration of nonsense actually does not fit into the theme nor the fantasy. Glad to know I roam your mind, though. It’s nice living rent free in people’s heads.

I don’t feel guilty, but again, work retail for a few years and you will change your mind from that type of mindset to a “people suck” kinda mindset. It saps the helpfulness outa you.

I’m more of a realist, and I treat people in game the same as I treat people in real life, and I act much the same way for both, but I also call people out on things I think or believe are bs. A lot of players on this game, I’ve seen, will say things like “you should be helping your teammates” when in real life, at their job, they 100% act a completely different way. It may not be you, you may act the same regardless, but I am the same kind of person, both in game and out, same personality.

We all judge every single individual we meet, in game and out of game. Whether we realize it or not, we always make judgments about everyone, all the time. An example of this: you walk by someone on the streets dressed quite sloppily, stumbling around. You assume they’re either drunk, poor, or something else that’s bad for you to associate with, so you do not go over to them and start randomly talking to them as if you knew them or they were a friend. You may talk to them from a distance asking if they’re ok, but you most likely won’t go right up to them.

Another example I will use in game here. In this game sometimes people disconnect, sometimes they just alt f4 out or log out while remaining in the raid. A person in your raid is offline without saying anything first. You give them a short time limit to get back, then assume they aren’t coming back, so you remove them. Most players won’t even give them the time of day to actually get back in, actually and just remove them right away. Judgments were made either way in this example, we just judged people. It happens all the time, about anything, about everything. Most of the time it even happens when we aren’t even aware of it.

You say that now, again, go work retail for a few years and I almost guarantee that will full on change. Go work as a Nurse, not a Doctor but a Nurse, the one doing a lot of the hands on work n whatnot. Go work for an Airline company getting people their tickets. For any of these jobs, also go work and be in the refund area, or the area you have to deal with all the people and their complaining.

I don’t/won’t because it’s not my job. We are all assigned jobs. A job for the healer is not doing damage. That’s a newer hybridized and bastardized way of thinking. That’s also a way of thinking coming from someone who either:

1. Does high end content where it is absolutely required
  2. Comes from people who are usually hypocrites, meaning they are one way in the game and another outside of the game, thus why I brought up the IRL examples before
  3. Usually does not want to be bored and is the type to always having to be doing something.

You seem like numbers 1 and 3, as you even admitted you don’t like to do nothing or sit out because you “feel guilty” not doing stuff. The difference is I don’t feel guilty sitting there doing nothing. The only time I feel guilty is if people die and aren’t dead to 1 shots. It sometimes happens, or happened, but that was actually the only time I felt guilty since I didn’t do my job good enough. The job of a healer is to keep people alive. It’s an old way of thinking in terms of roles, it goes all the way back to Vanilla WoW when it first came out. It’s also how/what a lot of casuals do, too, when they’re playing healers.

Your assigned role is saying your only job is healing, or else it would say “Heal:DPS” for role. Is there a DPS logo around your name? No? Then your job is not to deal damage. Is there a Tanking logo by your name? No? Then your job is not to tank. If the tank dies, then by all means but until that moment happens you are not a tank.

Look at it this way: What happens to the tanks if you are a shaman and you send out an Earth Elemental randomly during a trash pack. A lot of them get very mad at you for taking their threat and taking their job away. It messes with them because it’s their job, not yours, to tank.

So why is dealing damage any different? The thing is; it’s actually not different, at all. Yes, it’s helpful, and at the upper end of keys you are forced into dealing more damage. At the lower and middle of keys and lower upper end, like anything below a 20 or 22, you literally do not have to deal any damage as a healer. That is 100% the role of the damage dealers. If they suck and can’t do their job to their extent they need to do, that is not on you, that means they failed. If people are alive, you did your job.

You’re not doing the minimal amount, you are sticking to roles. An executive or president doesn’t want a grunt running their empire. A raid leader doesn’t want a newer player running their raid. A guild master usually doesn’t want a newer person running their guild. Again, there’s roles and if you do your job and fail, then that is a failer on the other people in the group. I don’t mind failing, as I wasn’t the cause of the failure unless people died, if I was healing. If they did, I failed my job, which contributed to the failure of the group. That’s on me, then.

If you want to look at it like that I don’t mind. Call it what you will. I call it sticking to roles and your job. Your job as a healer, outside of the stupid specs that are forced into DPS healing, such as Disco Priests, Hpally, you are not forced into dealing damage. That is not your role, your role is 1 icon; a healer icon. It is dispels, it is healing. That is not a support icon, that is not a tanking icon, that is not a damage dealer icon. That is a healer icon. It is not a hybrid icon. If you’re bored, cool, entertain yourself in any way possible.

I excel when I want to excel, and don’t care to do more than is needed. It’s called working smarter, not harder. I, and others, stick to the roles given. Also in DF, there’s a lot more party healing involved and a lot more healing involved for healers, a lot less time for you to deal DPS. This makes me wonder how people like yourself are going to deal with this situation, when there’s not as much to let you deal damage as a healer, again outside of those classes/specs that require doing it in order to heal.

I’m glad you’re not in charge of designing the game.

1 Like

I mean, you don’t even play the game, unless you’re gonna post on your main lol.

Also, if I was in charge, it would actually be better off considering how low and not as impactful things like burst / CDs and other nonsense there would be, not to mention PvP would be in a much better state, overall for most players.

The good thing is that the druids… we’re normal I think… we don’t stand out much in raid or M+… so I guess we’ll do it in pvp, right?
Or so I’ve noticed with streamers using different healers for raid and M+ (including my M+ involvement with different healers).

I prefer burst windows though. Why would you want to take that away to make the game better? Why do you consider it nonsense? Also, i doubt you speak for most players when you are suggesting flattening out damage profiles. There’s a reason the burst meta exists, you just don’t like it, which is fine. Thinking you would make the game better by reducing the impact of burst cds is awfully short sighted.

1 Like

Actually, many, many, many players do not like it. Higher skilled players those, adrenaline junkies do, but not as many players like it as you think. They just go with it because there’s nothing they could do and they don’t care to say anything since it’s not their game.

It’s nonsense because it gives you an ultra high, then gives you an ultra low to balance it out. Sustained damage is easier and better off, for every mode really; PvP it keeps the games entertaining over “bleh, CDs gone, time to just barely poke until CDs are back up” it gives it unpredictability, then, since everyone has it and at any point in time anyone else could die.

As for PvE, it smoothes out doing mechanics and stuff because there’s so much more power in CDs. There’s still things like procs that could give you burst, it’s just lower the power in CDs so it’s not 95% of your damage in that 8 second window and then you’re just about done until it’s back up.

It exists for highs and lows, if it was sustained and players adapted to higher sustained damage over adrenaline junky highs and lows, they would enjoy more sustained damage, then.

It’s not, it’s making the game better for anything except possibly mythic+. Even then I would still argue everyone having higher sustained damage over higher burst would end up still making this thing better, too.

CDs being so powerful is quite bad, and quite dumb, really. Now, they can still give some power, but, when they’re 95% of your damage and then you teeter off until they come back up, yeah nah that’s way too much power into CDs. They are like that for most, if not all classes n specs, to the point it’s pretty bad.

The other thing they could do is just making everyone having shorter CDs. By this I mean instead of 1-2 minute CDs, providing smaller and more frequent burst is better, overall, too. 30 second CDs that last for 10 seconds is better with 1 minute CDs as the longest that last for like 20 seconds. They wouldn’t have as much power in them, but they’d be up a lot more frequently that it wouldn’t matter.

Many does not equal most. You have no data to support that the majority of players would prefer less impact from burst cooldowns. You are speaking for yourself and other players that have expressed that. It’s just a preference. Some folks prefer sustained, others prefer big cooldowns. To try and turn all specs into flat damage profiles would be disastrous.

1. Burst windows allow for encounter mechanics that are specifically built around having those capabilities. You lose out on a set of mechanics if you remove the importance of cooldown timing and execution.

2. Big cooldowns allow for rotation variance and reward tighter play during those said cooldowns. There are outliers that don’t really impact rotation, but even those that are just big haste or critical damage buffs, they make a difference in how the spec feels. If you take these away, you are removing rewarding play and variation in rotation.

It’s ok to have an opinion, but you are just making completely false statements. I haven’t stepped into a single Mythic raid in my time playing wow, and i much prefer bursty specs with big cooldowns over the sustained variety. I am not a highly skilled adrenaline junky that you suggest are the only players that do enjoy them. They feel better to play in my opinion and they are not “quite dumb” to me. Tossing blanket statements around like that isn’t going to resolve anything in your favor.

Also, 95% of your damage? To suggest that any spec only does 5% of it’s overall damage outside of cooldowns is just false. Please show me where a fire mage is doing 100k dps while in combustion and 5k dps outside of combustion. It’s not valid. You’re making objectively incorrect statements about the state of the game.

2 Likes

So you’re saying Fire Mage’s damage, outside of Combustion, is more impactful or literally just as impactful as during? If so, please, go look into a PvP match, get hit while in a combustion window and then while not. You will not need to use a single defensive CD while not in combustion, you will need defensive CDs while they are in it. Yes, it’s how the game is played, but again, when CDs are that impactful that you get tickled outside of CDs and then during it you can be 1-3 shot easily, that’s bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoM3MbQcsJE for example, this is a PvP video, here, explaining why it’s bad. That’s for PvP, too, though, and the same can be said for PvE.

Your argument of:

You do not lose out on a set of mechanics for this. What it does is allow players and people to do the mechanics without worrying about damage, get the mechanic done, then come back and do more damage again. Do you ever listen to players when they’re actually raiding or playing the game? Most of them, when they have to do mechanics, are quite salty. A few will be happy doing mechanics, but many people and I’ve been in so many discords, so many different guild groups and pug groups, the salt factor is real and it’s bad.

No, they do not, actually. Many classes you actively push the same buttons, they just hit harder. Fire Mage? 1-2 abilities. Frost Mage? 1-2 abilities, maybe 3 if you’re counting procs.

Aff Lock? it’s the same rotation as without CDs. Name 5 specs for me, not healers nor tanks but actual DPS specs, where their rotation actively full on changes during CDs.

Their normal rotation hits harder and does more damage, so it’s more entertaining, but a lot of them have the same rotation outside of their CDs as during their CDs.

Boomkins? Just spamming Wrath until you spam Starsurge, but you’d do the same thing regardless as you’d be waiting til eclipse and enough AP, then spending it on Starfall or Starsurge, during CDs and outside of them.

Demo Lock? Pretty much 3 buttons you spend during Tyrant windows, again.

The things that usually make a bigger difference would be stuff like procs, sure. Eclipse system for Balance is more similar to a proc, not a CD, though you could view it as either I suppose. That’s where your rotation differs just slightly, as outside of that you’re not using Starfall or Starsurge and inside of it you use it, but again it’s not really a CD except during Incarn/CA moment, then it’s a CD.

I do agree they reward it but that’s the problem. You spend more time waiting on your CDs by a mile over having them.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/MCaDk4XtgypN7xBw#fight=15&type=damage-done&source=6

This is a log of the best damage dealer in 9.1 of Fire Mages for Heroic Guardian. I chose a purely ST fight for simplicity sake but, take a look at that graph.

Click on the “Combustion” Icon, and click again on it to not see when it’s active. You will notice that, during the peaks it is active he is doing more than 100% more damage.

Also, because of the nature of CDs you stack every single CD on top of each other, granting way more power vs just 1 CD being there, too.

The amount of damage influenced by CDs is too much, and this goes in terms of both PvE and PvP.

But you are an adrenaline junky, nonetheless. Yes, you may like them, and if blizzard could force every single account to vote that plays this game, I am 90% certain people would vote for way less power in their CDs, meaning more in their actual raw damage abilities, meaning more sustained damage with less power and emphasis on burst. They would rather see bigger numbers more often than mega big numbers every now and then, which is what sustained damage is. Procs would be able to change it up in this regard, too and still not give as much power.

You can neither disprove they’re objectively incorrect nor prove they’re correct, without a poll, so they’re neither here nor there, actually. Again, though, 90% certainty that my vote would win over your “keep the same exact power in CDs” vote, as there’s a lot more players lamenting CDs and their power than ya think, but I cannot force people to vote so, can’t prove one way or the other.

The 95% part was hyperbole, but, you got the point of: it’s way too much damage in CDs and not enough damage outside of it, correct? If so, then there ya go.

So you’re saying Fire Mage’s damage, outside of Combustion, is more impactful or literally just as impactful as during?

You’re twisting my words. I never said damage outside of combustion is more impactful or just as impactful as in it. I am telling you that your stated percentage of 95% is objectively wrong. Exaggeration for the sake of an argument is not beneficial when talking about how specs function.

You do not lose out on a set of mechanics for this. What it does is allow players and people to do the mechanics without worrying about damage, get the mechanic done, then come back and do more damage again.

You do lose out on mechanics if you remove the impact of burst windows as being relevant. DPS is a mechanic and is, rightfully so, a required focus in pve content. Enrages, add kill timers, and phase pushing are all important aspects of pve and allow more varied boss design. You lose those when you tell raiders to just focus on movement mechanics and such. In the same way, HPS highly influences encounter design and building those encounters around periods of required high HPS creates environments that promote extra strategizing.

Do you ever listen to players when they’re actually raiding or playing the game? Most of them, when they have to do mechanics, are quite salty. A few will be happy doing mechanics, but many people and I’ve been in so many discords, so many different guild groups and pug groups, the salt factor is real and it’s bad.

Raiding is built around dealing with raid mechanics. Maybe it sucks to lose out on your cooldown because of a mechanic, but it’s also really rewarding when you time things perfectly and maximize your classes potential on a tough encounter. Raiding will always be about maximizing your throughput while handling mechanics. That’s not going to change. That is the point of any difficult pve content in WoW. I am not sure what you are saying here.

Their normal rotation hits harder and does more damage, so it’s more entertaining, but a lot of them have the same rotation outside of their CDs as during their CDs.

I said exactly this, even the outliers that have no rotation impact at all is entertaining and feels better to me than just not having the cooldown at all. I also like CDs that do alter the rotation a lot. What are you arguing?

Demo Lock? Pretty much 3 buttons you spend during Tyrant windows, again.

Bad example. Tyrant is very rewarding of proper setup before using this cooldown. The variation is on the front end before Tyrant, while some CD variance occurs on the backend.

Name 5 specs for me, not healers nor tanks but actual DPS specs, where their rotation actively full on changes during CDs.

You are once again putting words in my mouth. I said variance, not full on changes.

1. Combustion require pooling of charges ahead of time and expending of all charges within a tight window, which is different from outside Combustion.

2. Demo Lock requires a structured setup of Tyrant revolving around proper CD timings and HoG builds before using the cooldown.

3. Berserk in Feral causes extra resource generation, affecting how you play during that specific window to maximize it’s damage.

4. Sub Rogue Shadow Blades. See Feral.

5. Spriest rotation gains an ability that takes precedence during void form and requires proper setup.

I don’t need to go on but there is some variance on the front end through pooling of resources and proper setup, or the backend through rotational changes during the CD for a lot of specs.

Click on the “Combustion” Icon, and click again on it to not see when it’s active. You will notice that, during the peaks it is active he is doing more than 100% more damage.

Combustion gives 100% crit and 50% mastery, of course he would be doing twice as much damage during that cooldown, especially with buff stacking. That’s the cooldown and it’s very punishing if the mage sucks at executing it. That’s part of this game and that spec that requires some modicum of thought. There’s nothing wrong with having some specs be more punishing than others.

The amount of damage influenced by CDs is too much, and this goes in terms of both PvE and PvP.

This is an opinion, one that is not shared by all. It’s fine you have one, by the way.

You can neither disprove they’re objectively incorrect nor prove they’re correct, without a poll, so they’re neither here nor there, actually.

This was in regards to the 95% statement you made. It is objectively wrong.

The 95% part was hyperbole, but, you got the point of: it’s way too much damage in CDs and not enough damage outside of it, correct? If so, then there ya go.

Actually, I didn’t get the point. Some people prefer their specs damage profile just as it is, whether that is like a bursty fire mage or more sustained like Frost.

3 Likes

In what way do you lose add kill timers, enrages and phase pushing when you have sustained vs more burst?
Add timers can be adjusted, instead of needing 5 seconds to kill something, 10 seconds is fine and does not actually change the encounter outside of “just a little bit longer time to kill the add” which ends up happening often times, anyways, as encounters get nerfed during the season.

Yes and yet the most fun builds you will often hear people love talking about is the dog build that promotes slightly more sustained damage and throughput.

As much as I would love to remove most if not all burst, the main point of contention people have is how impactful CDs, themselves, are. You can still have some burst, but again when most if not all of your damage is basically in that burst window it’s not as fun. To you, it might be, but again like I said adrenaline junkies are the ones to find it more fun. So many casual players are not adrenaline junkies, they are just people who enjoy the game and play it. They don’t min max, they don’t play at a high level. They just play it and have fun.

Like I said before I really wish I could just force everyone to take a survey to see how many people want Cooldowns to stay as impactful, be less impactful and up more often, or just not be there at all and have their sustained damage/regular damage abilities bumped up, instead.

I would wager most people falling into the category of “not as impactful” and this is true of a lot of PvP players, too. Nothing more dull and boring in an arena game than waiting on your CDs to come back up to actually be able to kill players.

I wasn’t. You’re literally taking my words at a 95% to 5% ratio, that was an exaggeration to provide and show how ridiculously big the cooldowns are and how stupidly impactful they are. If they were regular cooldowns of “you do 5% more damage” kinda thing, nobody would care. They wouldn’t have an issue, but because they’re all mega impactful, it’s quite absurd how much more damage you deal.

To add into that is when you think about cooldown usage, it makes more sense that one would stagger cooldowns to keep being buffed. This is not the case, at all, because of backend calculations and the way they are making you stack all of them. Blizzard added GCDs to CDs because they didn’t want players to macro every single CD into a single macro and press it. Players do it still, anyways and adapted, but the fact you still pop everything all at once over staggering to keep an even flow, just simply shows how impactful they are that you can’t even remotely keep up with how all the burst.

Yeah, you’re focused on this one sentence over what the actual meaning behind it all is/was; cooldowns are too impactful and need to be toned down.

You don’t lose out on those. Blizzard, themselves, lowers the ceiling during the season all the time and sometimes, sometimes, they will increase the floor, too. Usually, though, they will lower the ceiling.

I agree, it is built around mechanics.

Yes, and they create those highs and lows for adrenaline junkies. That’s why I said adrenaline junky, friend. That’s what that is; enjoying the rush and wanting more of it makes people just that, adrenaline junkies. That’s what that rush is that makes you feel rewarded.

I agree, it will be.

I was demonstrating how unhappy people are in having to do mechanics when CDs are up. Not just during cooldowns, but I was getting when they have them to pop but can’t pop them just yet because they gotta go do a mechanic real quick and then can come back to pop them.
They’re still salty because the mechanic is getting in the way.

You know what feels better? Hitting the same spell or ability damage, or close to it, constantly without having the cooldown up.

An example: since we are in the Druid forums I will use the Druid as an example. Incarnation for Balance gives you more damage because your Starsurges all hit harder and better inside Eclipses than outside of it. If your Starsurges all hit for the same amount, regardless of whether you were in Eclipse or not, how good would that feel? The way it is right now you don’t want to press Starsurge outside of being in an Eclipse because it hits like a wet noodle. Does it change your rotation? Slightly, gives you 1 more button to press since you now gain Starsurge so yeah it changes rotation, otherwise you spam Wraths all day during Incarn til time to Starsurge or Starfire til time for Starfall/Starsurge. The spec would feel just as good if not better when you don’t have to worry about being in an Eclipse in order to spend your AP. That’s an extra thing to just be more annoying to most people playing the spec.

Exactly the point. You’re full on making the point for me here, CDs are too impactful.

I want you to read this sentence VERY carefully because you’ve just made the point better for me here in that they’re too impactful and need to be toned down a good bit.

How many players fit into this category vs not? So how much salt are you trying to push into this game? “Get better at playing the spec, then” is probably basically the idea/phrase you’d push next, or they could just not make cooldowns that impactful and instead make your rotation more impactful.

No, but when it’s many burst specs, the game is trying to be hardcore on burst or nothing, and when the design goal is so high demanding in skill like that, it needs to be toned down and reigned in. There’s nothing wrong with having specs being a bit punishing. There’s plenty wrong when they’re all very punishing because mostly all of your damage is in that burst window.

Yes, adrenaline junkies don’t like that opinion because it takes away from their highs, even though it takes away from their lows, too. Adrenaline junkies are all about that high, nothing else matters. The lowest of the lows doesn’t matter, so long as the highest of the highs is high enough they could soar into outer space.

Yeah, adrenaline junkies like the highs.

We’ll just have to disagree here. You want all specs to have sustained damage profiles. There are are plenty of specs that already exist that way for you to play.

Blizzard clearly sees it different and I’ll have to agree with them for wanting variation.

Anyways, this has run its course. Ill go back to my adrenaline junky lifestyle of casual raiding and mid-range M+.

3 Likes

This is kinda obvious considering the extremely low pvp participation in SL.

Oneshot setups requireing presetup defensives pressed at the right millisecond to counter will push the majority of players out of pvp…like it has done.

I would like to see some burst dmg, just not as silly as it is now.

Name them all. Frost Mage may be the only spec left for sustained damage. If you name any DoT specs, you’re 1000% wrong in this regard because no DoT spec is sustained, they’re all burst oriented.

If you name some others, like Enhancement, again you’d be incorrect as they’re full on burst, too, when they used to be sustained damage.

As it currently stands the only sustained damage spec left in this game might actually be Frost Mage.

I agree, it’s also not fun to watch, not fun to play, and just very boring for a PvP style, too. Yet I’m wrong even though participation is down and it’s not even remotely close to casual friendly, either.

Imo build away from burst, but leaving some would be fine, especially proc based burst is alright as that builds the “variance” the other wanted, however, that’s honestly all that it needs to be for burst, is just proc based really.

CDs are easy to predict in PvP and easy to counter, yet you have to wait until you have a CD up to be able to kill people because outside of CDs your damage is wet noodle.

Blizzard also thought it was fun for Covenants to be locked, yet they were wrong. Blizzard thought Conduits should be limited and destroy themselves upon being replaced, too, yet they were wrong. Blizzard also thought it a good idea to make expansion only features like Azerite Armor, yet they were wrong.

Many, many of their decisions have been wrong for the last 3 expansions. They thought that talents didn’t need to be overhauled for the longest time, yet they decided to go back on that.

They thought people would be fine with BFA/SL oriented dungeons where it’s very important to interrupt and yet most people hated many of their dungeon design philosophies.

What blizzard wants, half of the time, the players actually don’t want. People put up with it because of a few things:

• Sunken time phallacy: “I’ve put in so much time into this game might as well keep playing because otherwise it’s all been wasted and for nothing. I don’t want that all to have been wasted effort and money, so I will keep going.”

• Not good enough games out there just yet. Games like Ashes will be able to take on WoW, but many other games, thought to take on WoW just could not take it on. That’s because most people who have been playing this game for over a decade are usually in that first point above.

• Stubbornness: Some people are just too stubborn to actually quit the game, so they stay instead.

I’m with you on this, though I still don’t mind debating things, as it’s fun to debate people and stuff. As much as I love this game, the forums half of the time are actually more entertaining than the game is the last few months of each season.

With logic like that…

No.

1 Like

I’ve tried out resto on beta and it was pretty fun, challenging but fun…

:evergreen_tree: Positives: :evergreen_tree:

Rdruid is super hot right now on beta. Feeling good with lots of synergy in the tree. Our HoT’s mean something now. The 4set + Soul of the Forest is an insane amount of HPS. We also have a really good setup for healing CD’s in m+. Flourish → Tranquility → Convoke. Tranquility is actually really good now for m+ scary moments. In SL our Tranquility was horrible for high keys but now it feels a lot better because of Regenesis.

Damage is feeling great as well. Both Kittyweave and Chickenwave are doing really good damage. We might be the highest overall damage healer right now (minus PI). Adaptive Swarm is a monster in keys. So far kittyweave has produced the best numbers for me but it is a lot more APM heavy.

Spot healing is feeling great with giant Nature Swiftness Regrowths + Swiftmend heals. Most of my regrowths are hitting for 240k crits but i did have a 330k over the weekend. Its pretty much a LoH.

Another crazy thing is we only have like 1 semi worthless talent in the tree. Nourish isn’t great. However, if we get another Sun King fight it would instantly shoot us to the top because its doing near 60k per heal non-crit with HoT’s. So it might not be totally useless.

Our defensive CD’s are probably the best still. First boss of Azure my monk kept dying to the flower explosions even with Diffuse Magic. The druid would just bear form and live at 270k health. We have three 20% reduce damage CD’s to go with that. Plus the mega big armor buff provided by bear for the rare physical aoe damage.

:evergreen_tree: Negatives: :evergreen_tree:

I think the only real downside is our class tree. It isn’t the best but it isn’t the worst. I also don’t think Rdruid will go for Skull-Bash. So we might not have an interrupt most of the time. Skull-Bash is locked behind useless talents. If you go Owlweave it costs an extra 6 talents to pick up the interrupt :frowning: . Catweave it’ll cost 3 talents. Killer Instincts is physical damage boost which is like 40-50% of our total damage as kitty.

:evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree: Rdruid is really good. :evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

1 Like

I have, close to 2 decades now in kitchen (now a profesional chef) and i could tell from what you said before of “is not my job” i would have fired you in a week or less. People sitting idle when there is stuff to do are just lazy people.

No offense there, is the true.

1 Like

You’d be hard pressed to find people working for you in this day and age, if that’s what it took for you to fire someone. That is a very, very, very common attitude amongst workers, especially in the US.

So again, if that is what you fired people for, maybe a decade ago when the correct and better way was “stick to your job and you’ll be paid more” but now it’s “go 2, maybe 3 years tops in that 1 job then swap over to a different job” and doing it that way nets you more than 50% increase in total salary over the years.

Again, though, back in the day 2 decades ago and 1 decade ago yeah people wanted to stay to that 1 job, now it’s not actually as good anymore.

The attitudes of workers that are paid hourly and not salary changed drastically.