Thinking of joining this server (Horde)

Hey guys, I’m going to be returning to WoW in the next few weeks, and I’m going to play Classic! Always played Alliance, also always played on big heavily populated servers.

Thinking of switching things up a bit by going Horde and joining a less populated server (at least for the faction I’m going for). But I’m wondering how things are Horde-side on Bloodsail Buccaneers? Is there an active community, despite the fact that it is heavily Alliance dominated?

I’m going to go through the forums and read a bit about the server too, but posting this thread also in case someone has insights!

1 Like

The horde community on Bloodsail is small and cozy. It’s a pretty tight-knit group and one of the best parts of playing Classic. Our server tends to be pretty helpful as well, at least in my experience. Been playing here since day 1 of Classic and I wouldn’t want to play on another server.

4 Likes

Thanks for the response!

This is the kind of community I am looking for. My main goal is to find a nice cozy home to play the game. I don’t intend on raiding or doing hardcore stuff, just want to go through the content at my pace and see the Horde side of things and meet nice people along the way.

1 Like

I’m going to echo your previous reply. I also have been here since day 1, and have found this server to be very friendly, with lots of good people. This is very much a small town server. I am so happy to have rolled here!

4 Likes

Are there hordies leveling still? I made a Horde character here a couple days after launch but then, you know…

Didn’t really have time to do much.

Now my weekends are wiiiide open 'cause of the thing

There are still plenty of people leveling, whether they are leveling their first character or an alt. We have quite a few people who have re-rolled due to being on a high pop server and being sick of it and wanting that cozy, small-town type feel that Bloodsail excels at.

We might not always have people to level with or do dungeons…
But the community as a whole is really nice.
Hekk, there’s even someone with a bank of greens free to people levelling.
I wouldn’t play anywhere else because classic (to me) is all about the community and experience, rather than running dungeons on repeat.

2 Likes

Finally decided to join on wednesday. Considered a few server, ended up coming here because of the good vibes I got from the thread.

Looking forward to meeting some of you in game!

3 Likes

Looking forward to having you! The Horde community on Bloodsail Buccaneers is definitely on the smaller side (especially compared to Alliance here), but if you’re looking for a smaller/tightly-knit community feeling, this is where it’s at. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am rolling a tauren druid, Cloudtalker, on this server as well. Level 7 and counting. Look forward to giving this server a good old college try!

Hail!

1 Like

And here is Cloudtalker! Hit me up in game and look forward to playing.

1 Like

What is the experience like as far as finding groups to do dungeons, elite quests, etc. at different level brackets?

How are people when it comes to actually doing the dungeons’ quests, and not trying to rush things by taking shortcuts simply to kill bosses, or at least be up front about that? For that matter, how are people when it comes to actually waiting for all members of the group to arrive, and not just starting while people are traveling to the dungeon?

Obviously cannot vouch for all level brackets yet, but so far I have always got help whenever I was looking for it. Granted I’m still in The Barrens so there are a lot of people there.

I’m finding people randomly, asking them to team up to kill mobs, asked help for the Warlord Banner quest, got a 5-man party up in no time. Then told everyone the banner was up so they could come claim it. I see a lot of people looking for groups for WC, and then I see them not too long later in WC so I guess they find groups.

The only dungeon run I joined so far was RFC, and it was a random run done by a 60 Druid (Muzzy … Mozzi … something like that). And even while running us around, he didn’t just aggro everything in the instance at once, he aggroed packs and let us have a bit of fun. And helped us complete the quests of killing the two bosses in the back.

Everyone has been so nice so far it’s amazing. I received help, bags, even some gold. This really helped me a lot to get started. I’ve also often had situations where people warned others that the Warchief Blessing or Dragonslayer Cry bufffs were about to pop so you could make it to Org quickly.

Obviously things might change when i reach the brackets where there are less people, but in general the Horde community seems really healthy, even while it’s on the smaller side.

You’ve convinced me to continue leveling here. :+1:

1 Like

I did some research when I looked to come back recently. Some other servers have more horde than this one, some have less. The ones that have more seem to have a majority of their population closer to level 60 than this one. Most of those folks are in AQ. I sat for a few days on several servers looking for basic low level group or dungeon and the ones with higher population I gave up after 2 days. I took lots of census readings as well, so i am not just making this off the top of my head. The ones with lower population, not only could you not find a group, but there where just no people there outside of some raids. This one is sort of in between. While it does have less people than some, a majority of the ones online are not 60. They are mostly leveling in various level brackets. I have been able to find low level groups to kill quests and stuff so far. I have tested troll, undead and cow starter zones an so far it seems fine. However, if you want to hardcore raid, go somewhere else. This sever does not support as much of that as the other servers do. Undoubtedly it will be harder as I level but for now I am having a great time and glad to have returned. Everyone I have interacted with and met has been friendly and helpful. I found a small guild of leveling folks and they have been friendly and helpful as well. Good luck in your travels.

1 Like

damn … seems like i chose the wrong faction for this server :frowning: But after seeing this I am for sure going to make a few horde here now!