Thinking boomkin

I’ve never played a boomkin. I pug m+ and enjoy playing ranged. I also like the ability to switch to a healer. I’m currently maining a priest for those reasons but would like to have a solid alt. I’m heavily leaning towards a boomkin. Are they enjoyable to play? Is it a difficult rotation to learn? Any info appreciated!

I started playing this expasion boomkin, and so far is going good. The only problem is that you feel useless until you get your 4pc. But apart from that its an amazing and flexible class.

Ah okay. Well, something to work towards I suppose. I’m actually excited to give it a shot.

I really enjoy having various tools and utility at my disposal. Seems like boomy might suit me well.

Boomie is pretty good, but just know that until you get your 4pc, your damage is gonna be trash. We also really suck at lower keys, because all of our damage is sustained, so low key trash dies incredibly fast and you won’t have time to actually ramp.

I suppose I can heal the lower keys until I get my 4 piece and am spun up for mid to higher keys…

Boomkins are really fun to play right now and not that hard rotation-wise but as other people said, it starts to shine in big-ish keys 16+. You start slow but you end strong. If mobs dies within 20 seconds, you are going to hate the spec. I believe it’s the only S tier DPS that does that actually. DH, Rogues and monks all have instant super burst but they fall behind when they run out of resource. But boomkins? You just never stop going UP thanks to Pulsar proc’ing Incarcnation