Think hunter is my class

I used a boost in legion to 100 then never touched him.

Earlier this week I dusted him off in my quest for my main after not really playing this xpac.

I was enjoying the rogue but i hate melee in raid so much moving and Im always just out of range it feels like even in lfr

So I tried a mage and while I enjoyed it the cast times and just general squishy playstyle of the mage was tedious so I realized hunter is probably as close to a ranged rogue as I will get. Instacast ranged dps with an energy type resource? All thats missing is a combo point…but im not trying to give blizz a bad idea.

Im playing BM and I just wish I had like 1 more button to press but overall its enjoyable

Im a goblin. Really my only non troll if a troll can be it.

Any tips? Pet suggestions (ive looked at pettopia some)?

Havent tried pvp yet so tips for that would be great

As a BM? All I know is you’re basically worthless. I love seeing BMs in pvp because as an MM it’s all but a free win for me if I can get them 1v1.

As for the rest of it, dunno, I play MM.

BM doesn’t do burst anymore. But they have nice mobility, self healing, and utility in pvp with good sustain damage. There are a few BM hunters over 2k, Hogx being one of them. There are also a few videos on youtube showcasing different takes on builds.

In bgs, you arent going to do anything really other than sit on healers/flag carriers or defend nodes. But that’s fine.

In 2’s, once dampening comes in youll do fine with a healer.

For pets;

PVE: gold standard is clefthoof. I hate clefthoof so I roll corehound.
Water strider for water walking and spirit beast for fights you seem to take alot of damage on. Spirit beast heals on tank everytime its off cds in mythic plus is hella nice.

PVP: Spirit beast for self heals hp boost, carrion bird/t rex/raptor for mortal strike, and a cunning pet for speed boost. I pretty much just run spirit beast 24/7 in pvp cause im bad.

As with anything in this xpac; with enough gear/corrupted items and high level essences you can do crazy sh!t in pvp.

Good news for you then: in Shadowlands you get Kill Shot and if you take the Venthyr covenant you get Flayed Shot (a DoT) on a pretty short cooldown which interacts with Kill Shot by triggering it to be usable regardless of health. It makes for a very well rounded version of BM involving barbed shot, kill command, cobra shot, flayed shot, and kill shot. It’s very fun. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Neat…yeah i think like 1 more thing works make it really great

do it, hunters are amazing!

BM is viable to the highest level in all brackets of rated pvp.

If you like the spec, stick with it. Don’t let the haters get you down.

I’ve been gladiator every season of BFA with it, even if it’s an uphill battle, it can be done.

Hit me up if you have BM questions:

Hog#1657

4 Likes

Hows wpvp? im guessing not great, dmg isnt high enough to kill anyone in short time especially when 2-3 people r on u. and u cant really get away like a druid

Never tried it solo, but its fun in a group for CTA.

Oh man really? This sounds like a lot of fun and a much needed PVP DPS boost to the spec

I find MM more fun. To each their own. MM reminds me of Bard in FF14, except without the songs,.