Things we lost because we didn't like warfronts

• Belf areas revamp, possibly introducing flying to Quel’Thalas due the Silvermoon warfront.

• For the sake of balance, Draenei areas might have gotten that too!

• The Alliance actually trying to wipe out the horde. The Text in the datamine said they were trying to cleans the EK of the horde infestation.

• Lots of Blood-elf themed armor and weapon for all types for the horde. Alliance would’ve probably gotten Velf weapons and armor.

• Lor’themar doing something.

• Barrens update with lots of Tauren (And most likely dwarf) armor and weapons of all kinds. Maybe even a totem!

• Lots of toys, pets and mounts to collect, most likely Belf and Tauren themed.

• The Horde winning two warfronts.

I know warfronts were pretty bad but being fair they did bring a lot of cool stuff we’ll enjoy for posterity.

44 Likes

That’s a whole lot o’ conjecture you got there, pardner.

41 Likes

I mean, those were the two warfronts datamined, and both of the other warfronts we got had all of what I mentioned. The only conjecture is the possible flying revamp.

4 Likes

Nothing of value was lost

18 Likes

I think I’m the only person that actively enjoyed the warfronts… I still do them every change over.

22 Likes

Warfronts are probably the feature for me that I wish Blizzard wouldn’t drop even though they definitely are. I remember in Legion doing the quest right before you go to Argus and you have to save the space goat’s ship. I really enjoyed fighting alongside the NPCs and taking over little areas that had an affect on the zone. Really wanted a “bigger” version of that and thought Warfronts were going to be just that. They were not.

They were fun from a casual perspective. But, could have been so much more.

21 Likes

I liked the idea of Warfronts.

Problem for me was they should have been the next Ashran, Wintergrasp, and Tol Barads of BFA.

The PvE experience would be fine, but the formula never changed. If you could beat back the opposing faction leader then it was basically over, as nothing short of 70% of your team afking could make you lose.

Warfronts will always be the saddest part of BFA for me. An epic faction battle that could have been amazing, but was made to be too on the rails and thus lost all potential.

17 Likes

i loved the darkshore warfront not first one we got
we players have no time to get a proper defense after the mine and lumber capture.on the first warfront

with darkshore blizzard fixed that which was great

1 Like

I liked the warfronts.

7 Likes

Blizzard, I beg you. Please make the Alliance commit undeniable, unquestionable, cruel genocide. Both the Horde and the Alliance want this.

1 Like

if the alliance get hit with the bad guy sledge hammer
some alliance will be on the forums complaining saying the alliance would not do that.

Also did blizzard try the bad guy bat on the alliance but they changed that path fast?

At the cost of losing the city to the Alliance.

No thanks.

Don’t worry hopefully when they rebuild the broken part of silvermoon and give it to the rightful owners the void elves to have a joint city they can update it all.

I really like the armor sets from Warfronts, especially how more some look like advanced versions of themselves.

4 Likes

It’s truly a shame that Blizzard didn’t do anything with warfronts, or islands for that matter. If reiterated upon maybe they could’ve saved these game experiences and taken them forward. At least Blizzard should have a clear vision of what not to do with these types of game play.

Sprays with a spray bottle, “no.”

3 Likes

The silvermoon warfront was just a file datamined, we don’t know how far it got if anything other then an idea.

Blood elves got heritage that fits them perfectly.

Barren and tauren areas are boring honestly, but it was stated barrens warfront was a TESTING zone for the real warfronts, it were not meant for actual release.

Extra toys, pets, and mounts weren’t worth the boringness of more warfronts.

You mad the horde LOST for once and didn’t get Blizzard baby treatment? Sounds like a QQ where you assume the horde would win to begin with.

“Things we might’ve missed out on because warfronts were terrible.”

Fixed the title for you.

11 Likes

Hord would’ve won that warfront.

wat

Yeah but it’s safe to say they would’ve gotten the same stuff other warfronts got.

Do you really think blizz would let the alliance take silvermoon? lol

3 Likes

It would be stuck in an endless loop if warfront cycles with no owner same way Arathi/Darkshore is, so yes they would for a cycle then back to horde and repeat.