They should separate pvp abilities from pve like ff14

If they followed ff14’s model of having different abilities in pve and pvp, then class balance would be so much easier.

A lot of those pvp only talents could be baseline

the development team wouldnt absolutely devastate balance just because they focused a little too much on pve or pvp wen they hot fixed something.

They could actually have a pve and pvp development team and both sides could be unhindered by the other side.

The abilities could be exactly the same, just defined differently and so you can mess with pvp and not mess with pve. also i would love to have some extra stuff to learn if i switched from pvp to pve.

obviously this would never happen, but i swear once they created war mode, my suggestion should have happened. people can already opt completely out of pvp and so separating abilities would have been easy. obviously you could world pve with pvp abilities but also who cares bc you would run the risk of being ganked.

What I would rather them do is keep a list of all PvP changes so that they don’t forget about them.

You’ll often have a case where they change the damage of a spell for PvP, (for example, let’s just say “the damage of Shadowstrike is reduced by 20% when engaged in PvP combat”) but that’s not listed anywhere in the tooltip.

Let’s say, later on, they decide to nerf the damage of Shadowstrike again, but this time overall in PvE, by 10%. They would completely have forgot that they should revert the PvP nerf or change the PvP nerf now that they nerfed the ability overall. They’ll then later be like, “oops yeah we forgot we did that.”

It feels like they don’t keep a list of their own PvP changes and end up forgetting about it which hurts specs that have been nerfed in the past and they just go the rest of the patch or expansion forgotten.

2 Likes

Too much work, gotta make more stupid crap to sell in the IGS.

Doesn’t bliz have “teams” of game devs? One team is pvp, one is dungeons, one is quests, etc.?

Lack of communication within those “teams”.

That too, but really wish they’d add whatever PvP only changes into the tooltips of spells instead of being hidden from players.