They should remove level scaling

I find the opposite to be true for me. Running around popping green and gray mobs for easy kills because i’ve outleveled the quests i want to work on is boring.

It’s a decision for the MMO over the RPG, there are a lot of those and I think I may like this one. I usually level in instances so it’s nice to face relevant mobs with relevant rewards when I do start a quest chain.

It’s been owned* by Activision since 2008. Where have you been?

*They do not actually own Blizzard. They are both under the Activision-Blizzard holding company.

OP. You are correct.

Nothing more to say, except…

Blizzard for the love of Azeroth, please remove scaling. PLEASE. REMOVE. SCALING!

You tried. You failed. It’s okay. We will forgive you, just do it. Just get rid of your mistake. It’s over.

1 Like

obvious troll is obvious

I disagree.

Scaling removed a large part of the RPG experience. Levels matter not, gear has no point. It’s just a pile of :poop: that they keep building upon.

I have an alt I’m working up right now and even epic upgrades are blah. Every mob just scales to my new gear. I play, but it’s more boring than it should be. Let me overpower an area to the point where I know it’s time to hunt harder grounds and struggle a bit while I gain exp and gear.

That is what roleplaying games have been all about for decades, and why I like the genre. Scaling is a negative feature on it’s best day in my opinion.

3 Likes

Begone foul necromancer! This thread is old!

-shoves it back in the grave-
-buries it under dirt, rock and concrete-

I’m not the necromancer, but they caught me in their spell. Look up! That’s the beast needing to be dispatched!

Im a retuning player, havent played in 10+ years, and this change made this game completely unplayable for me. As of now, the time im switching back to new world, I was Lvl 22. no matter what I did or where I went I was dying constantly. Impossible to get even a little bit ahead. If i accidentally pull more than 1 enemy, im dead. If i dont spend 2X my income on healing items, Im dead. I died 7 times in a row just trying to get back to a road from a graveyard because the enemies spawned so thick around it w couldnt get through. I had to wait for someone lv 60 to come help me, and they died trying to fight the wolves i was fighting. This also removes any and all reason for leveling up at all. A new character can go fight a lvl 1 wolf, and then go spend 2 months leveling to 60, than go fight the same wolf and the fight will be precisely the same because the leveling is absolutely useless now. There is no game left anywhere here. Its now a glorified idle clicker. There are no words to describe how infuriating this game is now. The last 10 times i launched it, I played for less than 4 minutes each, died as a death knight, to an enemy in the easiest starter town and had to just completly give up on playing any games for the rest of the day because apparently 4 minutes of this game is enough to… I cant legally finish this sentence.

2 Likes

okay first of all holy necro batman, good thing you posted this on a dk. 2nd of all, where the actual heck were you trying to quest that a level 60 was getting dunked on?

2 Likes

right outside of stormwind mostly. Havent went anywhere else because i cant even do anything here

if theres some kind of unspoken trick everyone else knows about for how any of this is supposed to be fun when its completely impossible to do pve solo, please tell me. I really want to get back into this game.

LOL… “testing”.

LOL.

1 Like

this seems like, extremely out of the ordinary. From my experience leveling 5 or so chars in the last few years nothing even remotely like this has happened. I’m not saying it isn’t possible or anything but, theres gotta be something really wonky going on here.

this is the 3rd character i made in the last 2 weeks and got to around 20 with and hit an impossible wall.

The problem with scaling is you ARE supposed to be able to outlevel areas, and as of now, you cant. You just dont get stronger, and cant take the formerly outlevelable mobs and minibosses anymore.

1 Like

I agree, it seems like Ill only be able to start doing ANYTHING once i magically get past 30 somehow, and can then go back and do stuff in the level x-30 areas. Which, is a whole big pile of everything i cant stand lol they must really want everyone buying the tokens instead.

Dungeon it. Go to Chromie, use chromie time to pick your favorite dungeons, level up. This actually also does help with overcoming the weirdness, if you pick LK on, the older areas seem far easier to live thru.

thats not for me. the only thing i ever enjoyed in wow was pve grinding, questing, and rp. None of those are possible for me to do them the way i like to, when the game forces me to either rush 60 eyes closed, or die every 2 seconds. Ive tried to do dungeons. I get that theyre fun for other people, but for me it just means waiting for 6 hours to find a group, and then something goes wrong half way through and people leave and its over. rinse and repeat. Sorry, im not trying to be a downer, i guess this just isnt for me anymore.

Op,yup that happens once you reach 56 the secondary stats beginning to change and heirloom gear starts to become useless .

mmm ive leveled up most classes and specs, its a total faceroll, just dont pull more than your capable of and use your class utility and spells.