They Listened!

-PvP Bonuses will correlate to Trinkets: still requiring money to be spent on tokens for any gear not allocated with correct stats.

-No bonuses will correlate to correct stats, however incorrect ilvl. Rating will still determine how far one can upgrade ultimately.
^ Players will feel they can undermine such system by purchasing tokens for carries and attaining high ilvl PvE gear.

$20 still achieved.

Make all Conquest gear ilvl equal footed and unrestricted by rating and I will pay subscription and tokens for flasks and potions etc happily all expac long for spamming random bg madness.

8 Likes

Lord

Maybe they’ll also rework the 300 hour grind awaiting us

1 Like

where did you read this at??

7 1/2 weeks til launch. Might wanna allocate more than a 15 minute break to pvp.

2 Likes

Where have you not read it at? Are you expecting to be showered in dandelions and roses in the glory of past MoP and WoD vendors?

We are about to be gimped in a big way. “Attractions for Distractions”

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/development-update-the-road-to-shadowlands/638371

yeah I read that already - it didnt say anything about rating equating to how far you can upgrade your ilvl, it was blizzard implying that you can PvE and pvp to get the best gear there is.

if I can pvp to get the gear that is good for pvp, then of course it wouldnt bother me - I obviously would prefer a wod system as it allowed me to play every class in the game, but having it based behind rating is infinitely better than having to slog through a weekly raid for 3 hours every week.

1 Like

Just as much as I would prefer a WoD or MoP system where everyone was the same ilvl in PvP.

3 Likes

im all for bringing the wod system back, I think it was better than any other system they have ever had in the game, but that is just my opinion.

its too bad the pruning of WoD and other various things sort of crashed the general opinion of that expansion.

9 Likes

Blizz must love haikus
You all are oh so welcome
Mail Snugglecakes gold

1 Like

Here’s a recent post of mine. It details why we absolutely deserve and should demand the old MoP and WoD systems:

We shouldn’t have to look forward to the return/past. Systems like MoP and WoD should not have been discarded. We should have those stable systems and be excited looking forward to the new systems and spells and how intricately it will play into new rotations and mechanics for PvP.

We should most certainly demand what has worked and not settle for less than the best; so our focus can be on what truly matters as stated above.

In essence, I don’t feel like being distracted by PvP vendors or gear. I want to come to the forums hyped for the new expansion and constantly recieve an influx (extrapolation/interpolation) of information regarding the Shadowlands sytems.

The forums would be inexorably more positive.

2 Likes

agree.

the reason mop system worked in pvp back then was because in instanced pvp zones ilvl of pve gear got scaled down to one tier behind current pvp bis + it was missing the pvp power bonus… knowing blizzard, they wont make pve gear scale down in instanced pvp, and that is why I think the wod approach (gear scaling up) is the best method to appeal to blizzards wack philosophy, while also appeasing PvP players - but if they did do a pvp stat, and tuned it correctly, it could work I suppose.

1 Like

but if they did do a pvp stat, and tuned it correctly, it could work I suppose.

And it most certainly would work, because they would have all of us encouraging them and providing the morale boost needed!

1 Like

The PVE content isn’t hard though. Most heroic pieces are comparable to the mythic raiding pieces and aren’t a hindrance on rating achievable until very high up. Not to say they don’t help, but yeah.

The main problem is this doesn’t solve the fact you won’t have to PVE to PVP. I mean he states that saying players who do all content should be strongest. That means there will be items you need from PVE.

What would be wrong with this? As I progress in rating, I progress in gear.

PvP’ers who don’t compete in high rated arenas or rbg’s don’t deserve high-level gear.
PvE’rs who don’t participate in mythic raids don’t get mythic quality gear.

Problem?

1 Like

Difference lies in just that. PvE vs PvP:

PvE requires you continuously obtain greater gear to defeat stronger enemies.
PvP requires you to hone your knowledge and skills of classes and specs designs.

Both require a special skill and have an overlap. Overlap being knowing your own class and spec design.

When ilvl is equal in PvP, you are left with baseline skill and knowledge. It is to be your only advantage.

4 Likes

By that logic, there shouldn’t even be a grind. Just buy all the pvp gear day one and queue it up. After all, everyone should be equal, and only skill should be the differentiator, right?

If your argument to the above is something to the effect of “but the grind is fun. It provides a meaningful experience as your character gears up, and you should have to put in work to get the gear”, I’d agree with you.

I’d also claim that people who climb the ladder deserve a similar experience on a more competitive level.

Edit: also what happens when I “hone my knowledge” and realize “hey look, I can go mythic raid to get higher item level gear because pvp ilvl is capped from random battlegrounds?” Then we run into the same problem - we have to pve to pvp.

If you think pvp battleground gear should be = mythic raid gear, you’re going to have some problems, simply put.

I don’t think he or anyone is saying that. However, conquest gear should at least be >= mythic raid gear in pvp.

Also while I do reminisce old rating requirements like getting my first 1800 wep in wrath, I think gear should be on a more even playing field in pvp and higher rated players You can’t compare it to pve, it’s not the same.

Pve = mainly gear based
Pvp = mainly skill based

At least that’s how it should be

8 Likes

I think how they have done it in the past was really good.

2200 gave you a weapon, it was a slight advantage… Wasn’t anything game breaking, but it gave some sense of progression with skill and something for a lowbie like me to shoot for.

Also the 2200 set gave you a cosmetic advantage as well, you got the 2200 look… Also as a gladiator you get an AWESOME MOUNT!

I mean let’s be real the gladiator title and mount alone are rewards in themselves that eclipse most competitive games.

1 Like