They listened! Torghast lives on!

I don’t really play alts. I have done a few runs on my undergeared alts into Torghast(…ret and rogue). I don’t remember much about the ret.

I did a few more on the rogue and ugh. The powers were just stupid and sucktastic in my opinion. Maybe this is correct and class(…and spec?) factor heavily into enjoyment? Cause I enjoy it on my druid and find it entertaining at least.

1 Like

Ew.
And ill repeat. Ew.

3 Likes

Rogue is different. I do as sin spec but getting 0 sec shadowsteps with the 400% finishing move bonus is nice.

It would be fine if the gear were slightly above LFR item level, but making it anything beyond normal mode raiding itwm level would probably spell the end of cooperative game play.

Is to people who would rather do boss type encounters vs trash farming in Torghast. Everyone has their own thing they enjoy.

I like Torghast. I think it’s fun. I’ll do a lot more of it I’m sure, but I stay distracted with so many things in game.

I have lots of ‘oh, shiny!’ moments… :sweat_smile:

Clark, people weren’t doing torghast because they secretly love it. they were doing it because it’s the only way* to craft legendaries (and in the early cases farm conduit upgrades)

Anything locked as the only path to progression will be done by players, that doesn’t mean they enjoy it.

*I am well aware that you can get a pittance of soul cinders from table missions and assaults but that takes WEEKS.

9 Likes

How in the everloving hell did these two statements end up in the same paragraph?

Like it’s a good thing?

Yeah, more of the same. Can’t leave their ideas alone once said idea falls flat.

5 Likes

We don’t know that.

We had vision and people still grouped.

1 Like

Torghast is fun people don’t have great taste imo

This new challenge makes me happy Torghast is still updated for 9.2 I thought they were going to butcher it like warfronts

1 Like

Man, I don’t even know what my rogue is/was. Subtlety maybe?

I just remember lots of powers focused on cooldowns and blind/vanish and it was just not as fun or altering things as my druids powers. Not sure how much of that is bias and comfort though to be fair.

And some power that seemed like it should be neat but was broken with sap and doing damage to the sapped target or something without unsapping but it was bugged and just ugh. Though I leveled the rogue to do some pvp and then just…never did and haven’t touched it in forever though.

Personally I thought that Torghast sounded amazing from the get go….until I read it wouldn’t reward gear.

Hoped it would be a way to keep up ilvl wise similar to ‘visions’ while having a fun challenge.

Regardless of the lack of loot and general empty feeling upon completion, the journey on the way to little to nothing has been fun-ish.

Even though it sounded amazing from the start. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

The only way I might “try” it is if Blizzard pulls a stunt and makes it a mandatory part of the SL storyline. However there is a 5% (generous) chance I will jump to Classic and a 94.99999% chance I check out FFXIV. I cannot see myself being alone.

4 Likes

Well, it was one of the selling points of Shadowlands i suppose. They are kinda bound to make it somewhat relevant somehow.

1 Like

Dance studio from Wrath says hi.

Glares at Blizzard.

3 Likes

It’s a way different flow. Many of your powers come from stealth. I like the talent that allows me to put a 5cp rupture on ambush and the 500% necrolord bone spike. One that works not so well is doubling auto attack range.

1 Like

Dance studio is in Darkmoon faire coming next patch

1 Like

We hated the timers - so they need to add stronger ones until we learn to like it!

We like rewards that we can use so we can get stronger for content - So they will give us more cosmetics and absolutely no way to target anything we want to create specific outfits. And all of it will be this funny metal shade that doesn’t go with the other 400 metal shades they already have on other outfits.

We wanted long challenges we could come in and out of as reality sometimes makes us have to leave the computer - So they put in a longer grind that has more levels and we can’t leave and come back to. We now just have to press thru and ignore that message from our bowels about the taco bell situation.

Yup Yup… this is called “half listening” kids. See the attention only given to the bold words and not the actual sentence.

10 Likes

I was thinking about this the other day. What happens after SLs? If they squish us to 50 and we level to 60 again what does that mean for Torghast? Can I level 1-50 in Torghast? That’d be awesome.

Also a Torghast style leveling mode could be implemented for new players (or Proving Grounds) to teach them the importance of stuff like CC and LoS. It could be really simple like a boss that does nothing but cast a spell that heals them to full and leeches 10% player xp every (15s) . Kick the spell and it’s just a target dummy fight, don’t kick the spell and I guess we can look forward to them complaining on the forums :laughing:

Only problem is every spec doesn’t have a kick and some specs (Boomkin) have kicks longer than 15s.

I really wish they’d just let you be super OP in Torghast since it’s entirely temporary. Like the whole idea of druids getting no-CD convoke was hilarious to me until they quickly broke you being able to do that(…I didn’t even get to! :frowning: ). Though people do complain that it sucks going from Torghast to non-Torghast because they feel weak already so meh.

A druid can dream.

I remember getting pretty silly by the end of twisting corridors, and that was almost an entire tier ago. I should go see what it’s like now with better gear for funsies.

1 Like