They Give What Was Asked For...But People are Mad

I looked at your armory.

Yep. There is nothing pettier than to demand other people’s content should be really hard when you don’t do hard content yourself.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you think you saw, but i spent hours progressing through the Mage tower yesterday.
what is it about my armory that makes you think this?

No but it was used to keep people subbed throughout Legion. Same thing in the end.

It was implemented incredibly messy, it’s the first content we’ve had in months, and it is overtuned to the point of incompletion for some players. And it is timegated. People are allowed to be frustrated and annoyed. Can you shake your head at that? Certainly. But we have to remember they have every right to come to the forums and express it. :heart:

2 Likes

No use putting back into the game if less than 1% of the player base can even complete it.

You miss the point. Majority of players never wanted Mage Tower to be brought back. They wanted to have the artifact skins to be brought back.

1 Like

Yeah i do think you’re lying. It would show up on your alt’s profile.

1 Like

It was proven with video evidence in 8.3 that a single Prot Paladin with the right gear and corruptions could solo Ny’alotha (the then-current raid tier).

That doesn’t mean the raid was properly tuned to be a challenging single-player experience.

Lol better get your tinfoil hat!

“I acknowledge that this is poorly tuned - as is everything else - but why can’t you just choose to be happy.”

Wut?

1 Like

I feel like people missed the point of the op entirely. It’s less a commentary about the actual mage tower and frustration associated. More a commentary on us the player base and how we maybe take Blizzard messing up or not messing up a bit too seriously.

I do think all of us have played the game for a long time and do have strong memories and an attachment to it no matter what people say contrary to it and thus being upset is somewhat justified. But instead of trying to educate op (and anyone else reading) on why it’s justified to be upset (I’m pretty sure OP knows every point that’s been iterated here before it was posted in response including some of the more negative takes) why not take a step back and externalize it from the set of things you’d worry about and try to resolve. The phrase is “It’s just a game” but it’s been brow beaten and reduced to fit any number of agendas so kind of has lost most of its meaning…but it is in fact a game and disappointments or not, attachments or not, sometimes the best way is in fact to just let it be what it is instead of having demands of it. You as a person are definitely worth that and wonderful for it. You don’t need the game or your relationship to it past or present to define that much :slight_smile:

i asked for the weapon skins not recolored armor btw.

as for being happy about it i mean hell im happy to give it a crack in general when i get there. i’ve done the mage ones back in Legion it sucked specifically frost fight. it felt rewarding just completing it. i just wished that it came around more often that is all.

It may have been asked for but it wasn’t asked to be overtuned. Nor was it asked that you have no options but to farm tw gear just to be viable. Nor was it asked to disable covenant abilities or soulbinds while in it.

What was asked for was the chance to try it out even if we one shot everything. The tower was mostly wanted for the those of us who never got the chance to to get the artifact skins.

That’s all that was asked for and we didn’t get that.

2 Likes

It is hilarious that the OP says it is just fine when he hasn’t even tried to do it yet.

It is way more hilarious that those agreeing have not even tried it yet. :rofl:

Only in World of Warcraft do you see this level of trolling and mods not deleting the threads. No other game company allows this kind of stuff on their forums. :rofl:

I don’t think you understood the point of the post or understand what trolling is :slight_smile: but it got a laugh out of you so that’s positive for sure!

Look in the mirror for the ultimate irony. :smirk:

:thinking: irony? how? Care to elaborate :slight_smile:

Not at all. Clearly you didn’t play Legion if you think the mage tower was the only thing keeping people subbed because there was nothing else to do, or that they subbed for it and then found it dramatically changed so they couldn’t do it.

1 Like

The main issue, honestly, and this is what some people don’t get (or more likely deliberately ignore because they crave negative attention) is that Mage Tower was touted as the main feature of this patch. Timewalking Legion dungeons is great, but the majority of the rewards you can buy right off the bat or within a few runs. Because the anniversary everyone had a ton of Badges and so they were able to buy it all.

The gear itself in terms of ilvl is laughable, it’s 164 ilvl, so in terms of rewards? It’s all about the cosmetic factor, and outside of that mount you’re going to get all of them very quickly. Which leaves the Mage Tower as the only draw of this patch, barring the weekly.

Which means they have, apparently, made what was said to be the new ‘big thing’ of this patch something that… the majority of the playerbase, many of whom likely resubbed due to FOMO, will not be able to complete. Will never be able to complete, due to the scaling.

Oh you sweet summer child. If you can’t figure out that simple word then there is no one that can explain it to you.