These ret threads are hilarious when bm/mm is still overkill

Rets are a joke. BM is completely flying above and beyond what should be acceptable atm.

11 Likes

Proper base.

1 Like

Why is your BM 1193 and your ret 1625

18 Likes

the ironic thing is rets eat up bm hunters pretty hard . so yeah ret is sort keept huntard in check

Because I barely play my BM. Its boring. I like to play on this mage. Thanks for spying I guess?

2 Likes

ive been saying after ret gets nerfed its time to go for hunters throats.

4 Likes

Hunter balance is the key to balancing this game. When they are oppressive it cuts every clothie - mail wearer at the knees. You take out so many otherwise viable classes. I need to ponder this more but I’m pretty sure I’m onto something.

This is what’s commonly known as mage bias

Hunters destroy mages but mage is decent vs ret which is why you made this post the way you did

8 Likes

oh yeah. having a bm hunter on me or any kind of hunter on me is just pure pain. because you can’t hit them while theyre doing it. especially bm hunters.

1 Like

I think mm is gonna get kneecapped by the crit changes. But yes mm chunks

2 Likes

Perhaps. I do play mage the most and ret doesn’t bother me. But mage is in a state where every class is an uphill battle.

What’s even more crazy is that people still troll and make “NeRf ReT” threads but fail to mention destro warlocks winning games in 30 seconds or less with their damage, the bolts doing 1/3 of your health bar every cast. “Dude just line the bolt! ur bad!” (meanwhile bolts can cast in less than a second with pi, ok) and don’t even get me started on demos.

Meanwhile, people also say rogues are in a bad state. Now, if you specifically said sub rogues, they certainly are in a bad state. Overall rogue is designed horribly right now and it shouldn’t be the way it is at all, but if you play outlaw or assa rogue, you can win a game on a steering wheel and never die, especially with a good healer.

What’s worse than that? MM hunters. You think ret does way too much damage with range? Try to get your whole health bar gone in 6 seconds. And if that doesn’t kill you, sniper shot will with it doing 250k~ in a global, and yes this is arena numbers no random bg bs with zerk and salt waters. But lets nerf ret guys :smiley:

Can’t wait for the awful s2 “metas” that arise because people are blind and keep kicking a dead horse and aren’t focusing on the real current issues. Literally, if you’re still crying about ret being “op” at this point and are purely focusing on that spec, you’re just bad. I don’t know how else to say it nicely.

4 Likes

How are you getting over a million hp? Share your secrets

4 Likes

I second this, faced a bm/priest last night in 2s and the hunter popped cds I counter spelled mind games from priest I was affy btw after that I popped pact since hunter had cds popped thought I was good since I used it at like 90% health then out of nowhere literally just flopped and died. my healer was super confused as was I. Looked at log and it was just 20k 20k 20k non stop for about 15 hits in a matter of seconds.

1 Like

It’s 20% of max hp like Mith pointed out, so with 450-500k go health pools this is maxing at 80-100k. It can’t hit for 250k it’s just not possible. GCD is done before the cast goes off so they are likely following up with arcane shot, and have an explosive shot pre-casted too. Explosive → Sniper (but this should be aimed) → Arcane can all potentially hit at the same time making it look like Sniper hit harder then it did.

Any MM hunter that runs that talent in arena is a newb though and you should be focusing them for an easy win.

2 Likes

Are you okay? Are you feeling well? I wasn’t aware 250k was a million. Nor is it 20% of a million, lol. People like you make me depressed, since you take any sort of sarcasm to heart. It’s obviously exaggerated, but sniper shots damage is not okay, even more so because it can crit.

1 Like

BM needs a nerf, but no one is playing MM because you can’t play that into a Ret and almost every game has a ret.

Maybe if you’re absolutely bad at the game with zero awareness sure. But any good mm will destroy a ret with no questions asked. Delusional take.

You’re right 250k is more than 20% of a million lmao hence my point.

Sniper shot does 20% of your HP, for it to hit for 250k one would need north of a million HP. Not sure what part of this you aren’t following.

If you are now claiming it was an exaggerated number, ok, fair enough. But in your initial comment you claimed this was “arena numbers not bg numbers with zerker and salt waters”… that reads as a sincere description.

Even with crits it’s impossible for sniper to hit that hard.

2 Likes

Confirmed troll. lvl 11… I advise adding to your ignore list

1 Like