These 'Changes'

Hmm gotcha.

So there is no list online really of what changes will be made?

Practically everyone that complains about changes never actually gives a reference to documentation of the alleged change. Good luck.

edit: Sorry to be so negative, but that’s just how it is.

1 Like

This all makes my brain hurt! I just want to know what is going on! I do plan to play Classic, as I don’t really enjoy numerous aspects of the live game (Daily Quests, RNG Upgrades, ETC.)

I feel bad for being so pessimistic, to try to be helpful… Of all the things people complain about most on this forum, in regards to “I can’t believe Bliz is going to put that change in”, the changes that are actually bound in some fact are very few. I think the most widely accepted factual changes would be sharding servers during release to fight high server loads, and loot trading. Meaning loot picked up in a dungeon could be traded within a group, not necessarily 100% bind on pickup.

There’s probably something I’m forgetting.

There’s a pinned thread started by Banjaa called “everything we know about classic” that kind of breaks down the main issues. It quickly goes off the rails but the first post and responses have a list to get you started

1 Like

Here’s a great thread (pinned at the top on the forums) that goes into detail about what to expect.

2 Likes

Thank you all so much! xox

the only confirmed changes to wow right now is

• Battle.net integration.
  • Authentication able to be used for account security.
  • Color Blind mode for accessibility.
  • Updated Graphics.
  • Loot Trading.
  • Right Click to Report.
  • 64 Bit only

At this time blizzard is considering

• Sharding at launch for a variety of reasons.

Blizzard has said no outright to a few things

• LFD/LFR
  • Balance Changes
  • Flying
2 Likes

Until the beta is playable, consider literally everything unconfirmed.

Anyone who says they know what the game will be like or whether or not there will be changes doesnt know any more than the rest of us, and can be safely ignored.

1 Like

Reward linking:

#nochanges means we want classic to completely mimic vanilla. That is a pipe dream of course, but we want it as close as possible.

1 Like

Somehow some people think transmog will slide into the confirmed column just because it wasn’t outright listed as not happening.

Too bad we can’t designate a main and that name would be listed under all your forum posts so we can see who’s alts are who’s.

I only post on this character. I hope people don’t think I post on alts. That would be exhausting to keep up with.

1 Like

Classic means Classic.

That means no LFD/LFR and no Pandas.

I like that idea. Takes away the “fear” some have over just their btag with no numbers showing.

and yet despite classic means classic we have had people ask for

• LFR/LFD
  • Flying
  • Transmog
  • Linked Rewards
  • Built in Quest Helper
  • Dailies
  • Arenas/Rated BGs
  • Post Vanilla Races
  • Post Vanilla Classes
  • Post Vanilla Race/Class Combos
  • Post Vanilla Balance
  • etc
3 Likes

I’ve been a bit absent the last couple of weeks with the new baby, but the graphics are NOT confirmed as far as I know?

The big thing with no changes is advocating against QoL additions added in later expansions. Examples would be dungeon finder, raid finder, shared loot, right click reporting, and sharding.

There are other topics of debate like guild banks, new graphics, xrealm bg’s, prot paladen viability, and phasing.

From what I’ve noticed all of those in the first paragraph are a NO. The topics in the second paragraph tend to spark heated debates.

1 Like

the demo had options for both. not updated models, but graphics? there was higher end settings and more classic settings.

Ah ok, yeah I was thinking models.