These CC Changes... What were they thinking?

As an avid wow player for the last 12 years… I have never seen such aggressive PVP changes. I’m not sure what direction they’re trying to take this game… but I don’t see a world where the older audience who loves and supports this game sticks around.

I am hoping that their community managers take a long look at the forums and see the outcry to do away with these terrible suggestions they’ve put together for 10.1…

I’ve played for 12 years and haven’t found the need to come to the forums, but wow… these new suggested changes… they’ve got everyone up in arms.

2 Likes

Sap
Blind

long borat pause

NAAAAAAAAAT

6 Likes

These are the best changes to pvp ever! The ridiculous cc durations and unlimited kicks are what made caster paladin and holy priest basically extinct. Now you have to choose wisely when to throw out cc or kicks instead of doing it just because.

14 Likes

I respectfully disagree. All CC durations have been reduced making them less valuable then before. You’re going to get micro cc’d and then when you are on full DRs you will just be running around mashing buttons. These changes will drastically reduce the strategic element of the game.

4 Likes

The changes are for RSS to make the game even easier for bad players who come to the forums crying for nerfs instead of advice/tips on how to get better or real balance tuning.

You speak this truth and they call you a gatekeeper defending a “solved meta” for the past 10 years, but for some reason they never played this magical solved meta to get glad every season?

Very aggressive/lazy and out of touch changes. They added in the CC reduction set bonus and crafted gear for 15% reduced timers due to all the bloat tools every class got back, then they did this change which is 25% reduced timer lol. On top of that they give casters precog for free and now interrupts are shorter? any anti cc ability is bad for pvp imo. If free casting after a juke isn’t enough, then why is kick locking out for 3s enough all of a sudden? Doesn’t seem worth it to play the kick game if melee get no benefit from it.

The developers may be making more changes and tuning often, but it’s usually to buff and then revert said buffs because they don’t know what they are doing every time they change something. It’s sad really, at first I was excited about DF tuning but I quickly realized it was to fix their over aggressive buffs or over aggressive nerfs.

But aside from that sap/blind is a strong combo, but I don’t think the change was warranted as rogue has to waste vanish to sap so it should be a good trade off imo (they should have just took sap away from dance and subterfuge so every spec must vanish to sap).

6 Likes

A lot of the cc duration haven’t been reduced as much as they appear when you factor in the removal of the 15% reduced duration trinket set bonus/profession coming up. Like for example, a 6s kidney was already being reduced to 5.1 seconds. And now it’s just 5 seconds…so really not that much. (And I’m sure they will be changing orc racial).

Also, all of the cc that wasn’t listed effectively got buffed since they no longer have the 15% duration penalty. Cheap shot effectively got buffed from 3.4 seconds to 4 if I’m not mistaken?

1 Like

changes may or not be good but

rogue tears sustain me

12 Likes

No one cares about your 12 year wow playing boomer take. CC is changing. Adapt or die. :clown_face:

10 Likes

Man you people are never pleased anyway.
No matter what Blizz is doing.

PvP Players: “Waaahhh waaaaah! Blizz ignoring PvP Waaahhh. Blizz only care for PvE!! Waaahhh there is way too much CC creep in PvP! Blizz do something! Stop ignoring PvP!”

Blizz: starting the biggest PvP overhaul since years with dozens of new PvP Talents in planing + balancing CC and CC chains

PvP Players: “WTF Blizz what are you doing?! What were you thinking??? Stop nerf CC!”

My God. You are just a bunch of annoying crybabies.

P.S. also: you DO realize that we lose PvP Setbonus right?
Means almost nothing changes except disgusting (and way too ez) cc chains like sap>blind. Which is good.

5 Likes

its not pvp players its just rogues which are the biggest crybabies of the wow comunity.

What cc chains? It’s literally not even like that in this f*cking expac. EVERYTHING is literally on DR there is no HEAVY cc chains you mongo.

well the pacing is fast and a blind into hoj or trap into fear is enough to kill someone lol.

Ive been cc for atleast 15 secs in around 80% of my RSS on my HPal. Ive even chain cc people on my HPal for 10sec just by myself. Maybe its a YOU problem not cc stuff. 10 - 15 secs in a cc chain when people are being killed in 2-4 seconds is huge.

5 Likes

Know whats funny, get on your main and lets find out what your actual rating is.

My mains rating is down to 500 atm, yeah thats right even at 500 rating we get cc chained. Rating has nothing to do with anything in regards to cc chains. Even at 1600-1700 it is the same. Playing caster holy paladin is my fault for playing non meta specs but thats what i like.

1 Like

OH WAIT A MINUTE you dont even have specific character achievement on. And oh look you have absolutely no achievements whats so ever and you actually think you have any idea what YOU’RE talking about. LOOOOOL. CC ISN’T EVEN GOOD RIGHT NOW IDIOT. Everything is literally on massive DR all the time and everything is just micro cc. How is it ME PROBLEM? Their reducing INTERRUPTS like this ITSELF IS TERRIBLE. Its just now a f*cking PVE ZUG ZUG mode.

it’s FASCINATING to see the woodwork cough up these people who apparently loved the whole alpha+beta+6 weeks of live that it took to prove resolve sucks. “slow this ride down blizz i’m gonna fall off” heads fuming that garrote actually does the reduced dmg they promised it was doing 3 months ago

WOW everything is on massive DR yet we are still going into 15-20 second long cc chains…you basically just proved that CC needs heavy reductions, much more than the 1 second that they took off everything.

you are being trolled my friend

OH BTW congratz on your 10 second cc chain GUESS WHAT! Your teammates can no longer cc that person for a good while now! Because its all on DR. Congratulations! Now watch that 10 second be reduced to nothing and they hit their cc without realizing it wont even work anymore! Because its been literally reduced to NOTHING