These archeology quests are awful

confusing frustrating not having fun

am i just a weirdo or does anyone else feel the same?

10 Likes

I hate it. Why does this and archaeology exist. Just had to bring back archaeology. Thank god the cosmetic don’t seem to look good, not doing this.

7 Likes

Yea it’s awful. I love Archaeology, just update the rewards…
This new system feels bad.

4 Likes

It probably wouldn’t be too bad if things didn’t keep disappearing and resetting the idiot whack a totem thingy mini game.

Seriously, I don’t really have any idea wtf the point even is with this mess.

6 Likes

this quest is what lead to my post

1 Like

They took a fine but boring profession and rebuilt it into some kinda mini-game that is not fun in the least. (and amazingly bugged while doing so)

4 Likes

I cannot believe they have screwed up archeology like this. It has always been fun - but this just absolutely sucks.

3 Likes

To be honest seems like it wasn’t even tested by QA. Seemed like a horrible design

4 Likes

It clearly wasn’t. How else could a bug like the one where only one person can do the quest at a time because starting your dig despawns it for everyone else get through testing? That one is extremely replicable and only needed two people to test!

2 Likes

its so bad, i never imagined they could of made it worse.

1 Like

I just want Archaeology back. Use the scrying system if people don’t like the surveying equipment. But for the love of all that is green and good… stop trying to “scratch that itch” with these stupid seasonal things.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing this game since 2008 and I don’t think I have ever come to the forums to complain about anything, but these quests are rage-inducing.

I appreciate that they are trying to keep a stream of new content coming in, but this “new archaeology system” is awful and needs to be fixed.

5 Likes

I dunno. It’s significantly better than the old system I think.
The into quests did not do a good job of explaining mechanics.
A lot of events, quests and mechanics seem buggy though.
I do like the xmog but there needs to be more quality rewards for me to continue.

Have you been playing WOW the last 3 xpacs? this is what you’ll get and like it.

We get crappy Arch and a lackluster Gilneas quest line, but don’t worry you can spend all your time doing dumb dragon races.

1 Like

i do all dragonriding twice weekly on 6 toons every single week

yes i hate myself

Yeah, the training intro quests are maybe the most overly complicated stuff every added to WoW.

Nope, Perfectly fine from my point of view.

is the dumb dig event supposed to be a replacement for archaeology? seems to me it’s more like the soup event.

1 Like

nah, not the racing world quests (lol, those are the only quests I do on alts.)
Im talking about the newly released old content dragon races.

If it’s supposed to be mini-game, it fails spectacularly. The process to “dig” is unnecessarily complicated and often just doesn’t work. The elementals spawn on top of the totem, and jumping into the puddles is pointless. Needs a better design and a lot more testing.