There's too many female leaders in the game, we need more male representation

The insecurity/fragility in this thread is astounding. Actually… wait, this is the WoW community. Nevermind.

16 Likes

Blizzard has ALWAYS filled their games with a cast of diverse characters. You don’t like it? PLENTY of games with a predominantly male cast, go play them and stop telling blizz how to create their characters.

3 Likes

Would rather see compelling characters with more fleshed out depth to them be written in as leaders versus “big ol’manly man man al day’er’day” lead and save the day.

4 Likes

I mean, do Anduin, Genn, Turalyon, Gelbin, Baine, Thrall, Lor’themar, Rokhan, Gazlowe, and Bolvar somehow not exist, just because we are in the afterlife? We don’t know what roles they are going to play, but completely ruling them out is disingenuous.

10 Likes

Remember WoDs cast? Man that was fun.

Nah folks like to pick and choose who’s relevant based on their bias.

5 Likes

Shhhh you might be making a point and the trolls don’t like that.

5 Likes

Sorry. Forgot this was GD for a second.

3 Likes

The intro cinematic of WOD I still rate as the best one blizzard has done… I bought into that premise 100%… its the dev team stripping out content and butchering the story in the telling of WOD that let it down.

One thing WOD did perfectly was Garrosh’s story. From saving Grom, preventing History repeating itself, to the epic conclusion in Nagrand full props to blizz on that arc.

1 Like

The parallel scene where he knocks Grommash out of the way, to prevent the death we saw of our timeline’s Grom was genius.

4 Likes

Man WoD had so much potential.

1 Like

I could post a list of major lore characters, separated by male and female, to prove to you that we need about five more expacs featuring powerful female characters, but why bother? You are either a troll or something entirely more pathetic, and as such, I am not going to cut and paste for you.

Instead I am going to go play the game and enjoy the characters without worrying about gender or race or even – gasp – whether they are horde or alliance. Because I possess this thing called an imagination and am capable of enjoying all kinds of characters that aren’t just like me.

Enjoy your tiny, limited experience of story. I kind of feel bad for you but, to be honest, I seriously doubt that you have ever challenged your little imagination and that is on you.

4 Likes

I think you know you’re trolling. The arbiter may be female in some sense but she definitely isn’t a ‘girl’. Nor for that matter are the Archon or the Winter Queen ‘girls’.

And if you get your role models from video game characters… Well, enough said about that.

1 Like

Lillian was on her way up, having been added to the revamped Scholomance dungeon in Cata. Still not many, but they were working on it.

1 Like

I’ll have you know that Putt Putt was very important in my childhood :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I kinda wish Kargath wasn’t a villain. I dunno, after the comic-animation cinematic, I thought he was going to rise up against the people that did that to him. Was disappointed to just see him turn into exactly what he had been forced to endure. I guess that’s the point of that character, but still. I don’t delve into orc lore as much, so I guess that was meant to be his path.

2 Likes

That’s a promise I can keep

2 Likes

Yrel was such a trash character. When you find her shes says shes never had to fight and kill before.

Next thing you know, shes taking on orcs in battle. It was ridiculous. Its all too forced nowadays. Strong female characters should be built up - like Jaina and Sylvanis.

1 Like

It actually really stands out if you go back and play WC3 how few ladies there were. Not so much in the main characters, but the units. There isn’t a single orc-faction woman in the whole game!

Which is sad, because everyone knows orc ladies are best.

I agree…but Blizzard is ran by woke nutcases…and wokeness ruins everything.

1 Like

There aren’t that many women on the front lines of battle.