There will be no reparations

Most certainly, yes.
But I of course can’t really judge on that as I don’t live or grew up in these countries. I can only tell teh facts which were that these countries were prohibited from accepting the Marshall plan which ultimately led to the building of a prosperous Europe.

Imagine thinking BFA left either faction unscarred.

15 Likes

Germans should take pride in their heritage. They have been a strong and prosperous people that endured never ending years of genocide at the hands of the mightiest and most efficient militaries the world has known (the Roman Empire being the worst). It has suffered and endured and overcome countless invasions for their resources over the ages.

They are the strength of the EU. They are part of the deterrence that keeps the Eastern Block nations from being overwhelmed by Russia advances.

As with any nation, they certainly have some REALLY dark moments I will mention so none gain offence I would overlook.

‘Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.’

Pretty much the same measures imposed upon Germany after WW I. How’d that work out for everyone?

What does everyone expect?

When you play Alliance, it has been since Cataclysm that we should know that Blizzard doesn’t see market value in Alliance warfare or besmirching the Alliance’s white knight status. Any crime they commit is white-washed to high hell and any sort of crime is always met to a galvanizing level to motivate the Alliance.

The story in general is bad on all sides, but yet the Alliance’s constant kowtowing to a moral high ground has become so mind numbingly predictable and boring, that one can always expect that there will never be a solid victory or “recompense” for the damage done to them. Teldrassil and Theramore are clear examples of Blizzard wanting to be savage but god forbid the Alliance wants to take something of the Horde by their own merit alone.

12 Likes

Read my post again as you simply didn’t understand it.
These measurements LED to the building of that prosperous Germany we have today within a record time.

my point with this was it punishes half the player base for a choice that was not theirs not whatever you have going on.

13 Likes

Well the otehr have was also punished with no choice. Or did I have a choice to prevent Teldrasil? I was even cheated on from a story point of view to be unable to do so with inetrcontinental catapults and stuff.

1 Like

okay nelf stan let’s say you get your way then what? You expect the horde player base to be okay with the faction many have played for decades just being deleted? do you see what is wrong with this?

20 Likes

I’m not sure the Jewish people would agree. Nor the Russians. What it led to was a Germany so impoverished a wheel barrel full of cash could not buy a loaf of bread. It allowed a megalomaniac to murder offer any political rivals, and blame a race of people for that poverty.

It led to the one of the most inhumane wars the world has suffered in modern times.

Look… I don’t wish to fight about it, you clearly will have your thoughts on the matter, but I respectfully disagree that was the best path to seeing Germany rebuilt strong once again.

Perhaps it is the reason you do not see such punitive measures being placed on nations that are defeated these days? People that DID pay attention to history do not wish the world to be visited with such misery again.

2 Likes

What?! You have simply no historic knowledge.
What you refer to is ww1 … I refer to what has been done after ww2 which led to the modern germany.

Ok it gets a bit … tiresome to argue with you when you simply don’t care to understand what I am even talking about.

You don’t know me at all. Those that know me do not question my historical offerings- as I am a student of history- warfare in particular as warfare defines every border of every nation today. it tells why you have allies and enemies. It can even predict your future path.

Perhaps consider there are different opinions and leave it at that.

You propose severe reparations- basically enslaving the Horde and destroying their culture, yet preach on morality and the proper path of things.

4 Likes

Not questioning you ropinion but that you basically talk about a completely different topic.

WW1aftermath repercussions led to hyper inflation and then WW2. yes agree with that.
WW2aftermath has then been handled differently. I explained you how, which then didn’t led to hyper inflation but a propserous germany.

BUT this was STILL DONE:

edit:
The term teh 4 Ds:
-Denazification
-Demilitarization
-Dezentralization
-Democratization

Is what has been done by the allied while occupiying germany which then led to modern germany. Still allied dictated how germany has had to evolve after ww2

2 Likes

How would killing Sylvanas (and perhaps her loyalists) delete the Horde?

you aren’t going to get this I hope you realize that.

11 Likes

did you read liira’s post?

9 Likes

He is refering to me, but since he opened his sentence with insults I don’t bother to answer his question at all.

Of course not and if you read the thread carefully I was responding to one person who used ww1 references as an agrument thus I compared it with after ww2 events.

Blizzard can’t even be asked to write atleasst a logic story of a horde victory that doesn’t involve cheating, I don’t expect them ever to write an Alliance victory ever.

These threads are hilarious. It’s like people dont realize that this is a game where both factions are played by people. Meaningful reparations where never a possiblity, and most of what is mentioned is jokingly unrealistic.

19 Likes

Oh no. I learned to temper those kinds of expectations a while ago. They may discuss the event and who was wrong but as far as justice or reparations, not a chance.

Pretty much this.

Can you guys accept that they know they messed up with the burning? The writers made a huge mistake when they introduced the term genocide in their low-fantasy T RPG.

That’s what needs to be said whenever this comes up. Accept they made a mistake and move on, because this is just toxic. I get youre big fans of this specific race’s lore but all things in moderation.

The best thing they can do narratively for this game now is to try and brush that under the rug, asap. It poisoned WoW.

20 Likes