There should be a solo pillar of endgame

yeah. im just worried it will be another expansion feature they throw away.

I mean they’re giving you torghast in SL, they gave you Mage tower in Legion. BFA was a dud on some sort of difficult solo content.

Hundreds if not thousands. RPG is an ENTIRE genre of game. MMO RPG(aka Massively Multiplayer Online) sort of requires well multiplayer to see the endgame, but if what you want is a single player RPG there are hundreds to choose from of all different shapes and sizes some with a little grind and some with a lot of it.

I can def. relate to this concern. I am really hoping this isn’t a one and done piece of content that will end up being a wasted system.

That’s what an alternative is.

ok mage tower being legit solo endgame content is nonsense. it was literally one quest that once you figured out how to do it you could literally finish in 10 minutes

1 Like

Depends on when you did it and which class you played. As far as time commitment that depends on how many characters you played.

Alternative

(of one or more things) available as another possibility.
yeah not really. you might as well reccomend any other singleplayer game and it would make about as much sense. rpg refers to a focus on character progression and game design philosophy. not any actual mechanics like other genres

Actually, the game has been moving away from that.

In classic and BC, raiding took some time and effort to get into because of attunement requirements. If you wanted the best gear, you needed to raid.

Wotlk, the attunements vanished and raiding became more accessible to everyone.

Cataclysm introduced LFR, which made raiding even more accessible.

MoP introduced flex raiding which allowed you to bring up to thirty people to a raid if you wanted

WoD introduced mythic dungeons

Legion introduced mythic plus which gave a 5 man group access to gear on the same level as that found in mythic raiding.

BFA introduced visions, which you could do by yourself or with 4 other people, which also offered high raid equivalent gear

Shadowlands will have Torghast, Tower of the Damned which, to my limited understanding, will essentially be like visions.

Additionally, there are guilds that raid at every level. If you look, you will find one best suited for your interests and/or skill level.

give me one game that is like wow but singleplayer.

I’ll say it again, Darksiders II. Great friggin’ game! Too bad they didn’t build expansions to that. Darksiders III is not as good though. Try it out if you’re bored of pre-patch.

aesthetically sure. but thats not even comparable in everyother regard. thats even more of a stretch than saying “just play any other rpg”

Massive Multi-player On-Line Role Playing Game

1 Like

oh boy wait till you find out that the game is in fact not purely multiplayer

So alternative RPGs aren’t alternative to this RPG?

Interesting, if not bad, take.

1 Like

Guess it depends on how picky you’re trying to be here. If you want fantastic RPG options they are out there. If you’re looking for something that feels and looks like WoW, but is pure single player then it doesn’t exist.

1 Like

is it that bold to say that vastly different games arent legitimate alternatives just because they fit within the same vague genre. is there any game with gameplay similar to wow that is single player? please tell me that would be like my favorite game by far.

Wow gameplay aint that good :slight_smile:

I guess it could be considered an underserved market. Or not.
If you include:

3rd person perspective
Character stats ala DnD
Plot driven
Fantasy

With examples being proffered in both the twitch and planned arenas of the gameplay world. Would that not be ‘overserved’?

• I guess small things like IP specific plot deployments are ‘WoWlike’
  • and the 1.5second GCD
  • the design of the UI
  • That crap quest clicking interface

and thats about it?

im not neccesarily asking for a game that is exactly like wow but single player. im looking for a tab target ARPG.

I dunno. This game really is at it’s best, imo, when played solo. I’ve avoided most group content for the last couple of expansions and seem to miss all the drama and problems people on here complain about.

Seriously, WoW is my favorite single player rpg.

1 Like