There Are No ‘Beta Keys’ for WoW Classic

i have friends that never stop paying even when they were not playing since day one and they still didnt get a invite…so thats blizzard at is finest

i haven’t really played myself aside from leveling one character since legion rofl, but i still pay them, not sure why.

Alright here are my two cents on the matter. Am I mad that people like Asmond, Soda, Esfand, StaySafe, etc. got beta keys? Not at all it makes complete sense. Not only have they been advocating for this for quite some time, but they have knowledge and dedication to the game. Above all else it is free publicity and is a common sense move on blizzards part. The thing I am upset about is the format in which they announced to the public what they needed to do to get in. The way things worked out blatantly looks like a massive cash grab. I re-subbed to play BFA which turned out to be a complete disappointment but stayed subbed because I thought it would help my chances of getting access to the Beta once it came out just based off the assumption that it would be a closed beta. I have continued to stay subbed simply for my sheer desire to play but at this point I have kinda given up hope that I will ever get in. Hell what really got me was when they started inviting streamers that have never played the game before or haven’t touched WoW in ages cough cough Pokimane… She has a massive audience, but that audience doesn’t care about the game. On top of that you invited streamers that have been completely bashing the idea of Classic Servers since the topic became a reality. I am a streamer, I don’t have a large audience, but I would have loved the opportunity to grow my channel around something I have been advocating since BC came out. I would have loved to play one of the first games that truly got me into PC gaming. At the end of the day Blizzard I would have liked if you would have just said we will be sending out beta access to “random” accounts and if you aren’t subscribed you will need to subscribe to play instead of basically telling your audience to gamble their hard earned money on such a slim chance of getting in. I still cant wait for Classic, the classic fan dream is finally becoming a reality and for that Blizzard I thank you.

3 Likes

I was a beta tester in vanilla! please can i get an invite? :frowning:

Been playing since 1 month after release and have had an active sub since, still no invite for me.

Let me play please. Lol.

It Is obvious that the player base is more excited for Classic than more of the same boneheaded decisions that BfA has been championing… so why do you keep us out?!
We re subbed we clicked the box… and then you tell us that the chances of getting in are so slim we might as well be farming for Invincible’s Reins!

WHY DO YOU HATE US?

My Birthday is coming up the 25 June , wish i could get a invite to Beta but i understand if you don’t want Blizzard.

Please see the very first post, on this thread.

Really!? Why do they keep us out: BETA. Not live. Not pre-launch. BETA.

Because it is not done by how long you have been here.

Hi there friend i have been playing since vanilla and would really like a beta inv to help out with bugs and what not so please. Have a great day!

What kind of Sub? I don’t have an active twitch sub with 250,000+ viewers. Probably why I didn’t get beta, right?

I mean you can but it will update immediately to 8.1.5 and the Blizz client which you can do online without a disc.
Ironically I have always bought the box every expac. The box came with no disc, but just instructions on how to DL from battle.net.
Long-gone are the days of P2P sharing the patches, updates and expacs…

Will anymore beta invites go out?

1 Like

More Classic please? :anguished:

I wish blizzard gif beta:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

why didnt i get this beta how dare you not give me beta when you know i wanted it so badly and not the overwatch beta which you gave me…man