The zandalari and the treaty

Since she was last seen in Kalimdor, and who knows what boltholes she may have created in the East, they’re logical places to start given that the rest of the world may not be aware of what’s happened in Northrend yet.

2 Likes

They NEVER NEVER EVER SAID THAT. What they said was that the CAMPAIGN was over. There is no discussion of any peace treaty, what we have at present is an armistice which is a world of difference from a treaty. Rest assured the expansion will come with its own set of battlegrounds as the Alliance and Horde find new things to fight over.

3 Likes

Here’s to hoping they skip an expac and just leave Horde vs Alliance out of Shadowlands.

In the future?

Azeroth Pro-Battlegrounds League: Team Horde vs Team Alliance, who gets to take home the trophy this season?

2 Likes

If it’s loud enough for the writers to listen, then they aren’t a small part.

It would make “Capture the Flag” as a battleground make a whole lot more sense.

Actually, capture the flag as a battleground makes a great deal of sense. In pre-modern warfare, military battle standards and regimental colors had great value, both for allowing soldiers to determine who was friend and who was foe, and for unit morale and cohesion. Capturing a military unit’s banner was considered a huge accomplishment for the captor that virtually guaranteed promotion, and a great humiliation for the unit that lost their colors. It was very common for soldiers to destroy their own banners rather than allow them to fall into enemy hands.

The Napoleonic wars in particular were largely a giant real life game of capture the flag, an idiosyncrasy that has been the subject of historical novels, among other things, look up the book “Sharpe’s Eagle”.

2 Likes

It can be reasonably assumed. If her aggression is toward Sylvanas only, who is no longer a part of the Horde, why is she refusing to sign the treaty? She doesn’t think the Horde has changed.

It could have been reasonably assumed that Sylvanas was going to attack Thunder Bluff. But she never did, nor ever stated any intentions to. Assumptions are not objective.

This is definitely true, and the reason she refuses to sign the armistice. Nitpick, but it’s not a treaty either way.

treaties/armastices/trials are meaningless. There are no consequences to violating any of the peace efforts. There are no international law courts to make your case heard.

And besides, the Alliance isn’t obliged to aide tyrande if she acts of her own volition.

It’s likely being used interchangeable with no real meaningful impact on its function.

It’s an agreement to suspend hostilities, either way, that Tyrande is not willing to commit to. If she’s not agreeing to cease hostilities, then she’s the one most likely to re-open them until open war is declared by the Alliance as a whole.

I doubt that she will, though. I hope so, and hope Genn will support her if she does.

The only thing it means right now is that any hostilities between the groups are not the objective of their standing militaries at present, and incidental skirmishes and contact are not sanctioned.

Not according to Ion at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Fwh7b37FE&t=9m8s :

This is an armistice. This isn't holding hands and forgiving and forgetting. You know, there's a large portion of the Alliance that are like, "Hey, literally you just committed genocide against a portion of our group." We're not just gonna put bygones- to say bygones are bygones and move on from there. And likewise, there are Horde that harbor long held grudges. But it's moving away from a period of open warfare back to the state of uneasy tension that a lot of Warcraft has seen over the years. When we're fighting the Lich King, fighting Deathwing, we set differences aside where it makes sense.

I agree with your doubt. I think it is more likely the Horde players will be questing with Tyrande again in Ardenweald like they did in Val’sharah and have them help her save the souls of the victims of Teldrassil from the Maw than it is for her to attack the Horde.

2 Likes

I’m saying that people are using ‘treaty’ and ‘armistice’ to mean the same thing. A treaty is just a formal agreement between two countries. In this case, factions. Whether a person describes this agreement as a treaty or an armistice is functionally describing the same thing.

I hope not. I don’t see how she’s being consistent in her character in doing so. I don’t have anything against Tyrande but I’m not at all interested in paling around with an Alliance leader.

Then again, the game has treated the Horde player character as being the one righteous member of their faction who was above the faction conflict the whole time.

Yipee.

1 Like

If anyone shows up to help Tyrande save Night Elf souls she would accept their help, if they are Horde or not, because her priority would be saving those Night Elf souls over not working with the Horde. It would make sense in the rush of the moment context.

I guess. I’m hoping she won’t be as involved with Ardenweald as she was in Val’sharah or I’m going to have to tune most of that experience out.

Spoilers

Question: Will Tyrande become a villain? Or will she get justice for people? Will the Night Elves rise above their relentless suffering?

Answering: Steve Danuser

• “The Night Elves have taken some shots on the chin in Battle for Azeroth, for sure. Tyrande is one of the most beloved characters and in all of Warcraft canon, and, I don’t want to speak to datamined broadcasts and things like that, but we will see Tyrande have some conversations with some of our other characters as we wrap up the Battle for Azeroth.”

• “That’s a storyline that we definitely want to pay off and we have some interesting things in the coming expansion that I don’t want to spoil but I hope that Night Elf players get to see a new side of her and their culture in a way.”

This also comes on the heals of another interview with Shani Edwards:

Game Producer Shani Edwards: We’re gonna learn more about Tyrande’s story. Obviously, she is still very upset about what happened to her people. That’s going to lead her to Ardenweald. She’s gonna get some answers to some questions, and there’s gonna be some stuff coming with her that’s too spoiler-y to talk about but there’s more Tyrande…. All I can say is she has a pretty big story moment in Ardenweald. Very big role also.

Blizzard Watch: Are we gonna learn more about Elune while we’re there?

Lead Game Designer Morgan Day: That’s well into spoiler territory!

Shani Edwards: Can’t [talk about that]!

I appreciate the extensive sourcing but you’re not showing anything that isn’t already understood.

I said I hope Tyrande is not as involved, not absent. I know she’s going to make an appearance. I just hope it’s not as lengthy as what we had in Val’sharah.

As Cenarius is not dead, so probably at best will just show up in flashbacks to show how Wild God revival works, we have a remaining hero to follow in Ardenweald.

I know you hope she’s not as involved, but I suspect she is.

xavius impersonating malfurion caused more damage than it should.

TY RAnDEE I NEeD YoU haha.

3 Likes

Maybe if Ardenweald produces some primo meme fodder I can look the other way.

ElUnE, yOuR dAuGhTeR nEeDs YoUuuuuu

2 Likes

It’s amazing how many people still think that was actually Malfurion.

5 Likes