The zandalari and the treaty

That’s subjective.

This was a response for the sake of responding.

3 Likes

Like I said.

That’s subjective.

The difference between Tyrande and Telanji is that our favorite troll princess/queen (or not favorite, depending on who you ask) isn’t hotheaded and unreasonable like Tyrande has proven herself to be over the years. She might be pissed about losing her father and desire justice but her sense of duty to the people of Zandalar would override that and she wouldn’t desire to commit her people to war and death if she felt she didn’t have to.

I think she would honor peace agreements between the Horde and the Alliance. That doesn’t mean she has to be nice to the Alliance though. “Stay away from our lands and out of our waters and we won’t send you to the bottom of the ocean” type of thing, which is a far cry from “We’re going to burn your cities”.

However, that all being said, the zandalari didn’t suffer as much of a loss as the night elves did, so Tyrande is entitled to her extra high levels of anger.

You do realize that one person would likely end up being Tyrande and she would be looked at as a renegade villain from the Alliance, just like Garrosh was and Sylvanas is, yes?

If that happened you’d just be back here screaming about how the Blizzard hates the night elves again because they villain slapped their primary racial leader.

2 Likes

Fair enough, I was unclear.

I hope Genn will continue to support her if now that there’s an armistice.

There’s what you say you believe, and then the beliefs you act out. All I meant was its a lot harder for her to act out on the Horde because the armistice is in place. It’s hobbling the shot-callers. For now.

It won’t last.

Everyone is supporting her, in that her focus is Sylvanas. The datamining continues:

Anduin: Sylvanas is out there somewhere. Until she’s brought to justice, I don’t think Tyrande or Genn will truly consider the war to be over.
    Jaina: The Kul Tiran fleet is scouring the seas, and Shaw has spies searching every dark corner of Azeroth.

Even the Horde is hunting Sylvanas, with Lor’themar saying:

A part of me will always wonder if this would have happened had I acted sooner. If I had confronted Sylvanas in the early days of the war. If Teldrassil hadn’t burned.

It is not an easy thing to watch a dear friend tread a dark path, to recognize when they have gone astray. I thought I knew her, and Saurfang has paid the price for my error in judgment.
    I have tasked the Farstriders with tracking down both Sylvanas and Nathanos… though I am unsure we can find them at all. They were Farstriders themselves, once.
    But I cannot simply stand idle while they are out there. Not anymore.

And related broadcasts text:

Headhunter: Ya be far from home, blood elf. Go hunt for Nathanos in da Eastern Kingdoms. Kalimdor be headhunter territory.

Farstrider: Nathanos was once one of our own. It is the Farstriders’ responsibility to see him brought to justice.
    Headhunter: Suit yaself. But remember, he be knowin’ ya ways ta track him. He not be hidin’ from us so easily.

In practicality, currently there’s no difference between Tyrande’s goals and everyone else’s.

2 Likes

makes me wonder why they are hunting her considering that she didn’t really attacked the horde.
:thinking:

She did get a lot of them killed in Nazjatar at least.

At best we’re going to see the alliance playing the bad guy in this ocassion, unless they hire competent people

Because Blizzard is pushing faction unity once again, so it will force the factions to act on a single goal even if it makes little sense.

3 Likes

She led them into a very costly/destructive war under false pretenses and killed/imprisoned many who stood against her, resulting in an armed uprising that saw her promptly run away.

The Horde doesn’t really have the whole righteous vengeance thing going, any head of state that did all that shouldn’t be surprised when their own people start calling for their head.

If you want to be super cynical about it, she’s also the ultimate scapegoat and hunting her down can be seen as the guilty/guilt-riddens’ way of assuaging the concerns of others and their own feelings about everything’s that happened.

13 Likes

I’m speaking specifically about aggression toward the Horde. She does not have unanimous support in that.

She has not exhibited any intentions to attack the Horde. Blizzard is shoehorning her into focusing only on Sylvanas as much as everyone else is.

Which raises the question was Sylvanas simply skilled at hiding or did no one think to search in Northrend?

Search efforts do seem to be focused on Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms for some reason.

As far as people in-universe know, she could literally be anywhere. She’s a single person running a very lean operations since she ditched the Horde and she can literally just up and fly away whenever/wherever she wants.

It should also be noted that even if Horde/Alliance forces had gone straight for Northrend, they wouldn’t have found her. She won’t be there confronting the Lich King until after the beginning of 9.0, and we’re still in 8.2.5, several days/weeks/months prior to that scene. The first place she went to after leaving Orgrimmar seems to have been the Ghostlands.

4 Likes

She’s also Undead, so if she wanted to evade capture trying to find her in Northrend would be a nightmare. She doesn’t have to worry about food or supplies, staying warm, any of that.

1 Like

being dead has his benefits.

Again, I say, what treaty? Nothing has happened but an agreement to cease fire. That’s what an Armistice is. The Koreas have had one going for over six decades. Technically, the Koren War has never ended.

They still flex their muscles, the South with the U.S. on exercises, the North with it’s missle tests and occasionally shots over the DMZ, especially at anyone trying to cross it. Massive amounts of armed forces are on eternal standby on each side… waiting.

2 Likes

Ayup, and you are right about the skeleton crew. She took so few people with her that they aren’t bound to make much of a footprint. Hell, if Velanora is to be believed, the majority of even her own Dark Rangers decided to stay behind and stand by the Horde and Forsaken; rather than follow her after her betrayal.

1 Like