The WrA Video Game Thread

admittedly the appeal of having nice little figures does get lost…

I’d mind less if they were not gouged to oblivion and full of fake rarity

I watched this trailer, it’s incomplete and may be taken down but it’s great fun and I’m quite excited for the new game, the 2 Garden Warfare games are great fun:

https://www.pcgamer.com/plants-vs-zombies-battle-for-neighborville-trailer-leaks/

Decided to work on my jobs in FF14 instead of progressing through Stormblood since I still have the level boost buff. Got White Mage and Samurai almost to 70. Thinking about Rogue and Astrologian next!

I managed to solo The Avatar (boss of the 3rd Turn of the Second Binding Coils) which I had previously thought couldn’t be soloed.

Only way I could do it is burn him as fast as possible while the towers are charging and letting him enrage (if I do it normally Balistic Missle insta kills me).

When he enrages he casts “Atomic Ray” over and over again which hits raid wide for approx 25ishk. The only way I was able to down him was to time my TBN to soak two casts of Atomic Ray every time it was off cooldown (and weaving other mitigation skills in between while making sure Abyssal Drain was off cooldown for the enrage phase).

Having a few pots available is helpful as well.

I finally got around to getting the titanic sawfish and navigator brand only to be sent off to an even more absurd fishing headache.

I have made a weird discovery this week: modding Skyrim is a lot more satisfying to me than playing Skyrim, even modded. I tooled around a bit on a new character, got to Whiterun and I’m already bored with it.

On the other hand, I think I may give ESO another try, now that I have a PC that can run the darn thing.

4 Likes

god i got sucked into a fire emblem hole

three houses is really, really good

im now back on my bullshart and really wish there was a fire emblem/warcraft crossover, by which i mean a fire emblem game thats just reskinned with warcraft stuff

I’m having a blast doing solo raid mode runs on revelations 2 as Lady hunk.

Game is super easy to exploit with Amiibo’s and clock manipulation to reset the daily mission for bonus xp

Would any of y’all recommend No Man’s Sky?

I’ve not tried that but I know somebody who raves about it.

I learned that even with level 70 Script gear the realm reborn large fish targets can still escape.

I’m very livid right now.

Got FE 3 Houses to tide me over til classic comes out because XIV sub runs out tomorrow + heard its good. Haven’t played a game like it before so hopefully learning the mechanics wont be too bad

1 Like

Three Houses is a relatively simple game to learn. Plus, it really believes in tutorials. As long as you don’t mess your characters up bad and stay leveled relatively well, everything will be fine!

Wait a little while. If you can buy it for cheap now, do so, but don’t play it for a few weeks. A brand new patch just came out that brought massive, sweeping changes for the better, but naturally there are tons of bugs and issues.

Outside of FFXIV I’d say ESO is my favorite MMO.

The main stories are all great but there’s also a lot of simple self contained zone stories that are also pretty great.

One thing I really appreciate regarding ESOs questing is that often there are choices you have to make where there is no readily obvious “correct” choice. On more than one occasion Ive found myself sitting at a dialogue option trying to figure out which option I should choose.

Plus some of the main zone quests will slightly change the zone. For example angry ghosts in a graveyard will go passive when you’ve dealt with a threat, or a town taken over by bandits will have friendly npcs and possibly shops and whatnot when you’ve dealt with the bandits.

1 Like

Yeah I echo this - there’s some real moral head scratchers. It’s not like Swtor where your choices are often good or evil. Sometimes you need to weigh up a decision that could have big implications either way. And that can be absolutely maddening, but awesome at the same time. It makes you think.

2 Likes

Its amazing what can happen when a developer lets actual writers write the story.

3 Likes

I don’t know. I found ESO’s main zone stories fairly standard, uninspired MMO questing. Then you get into the side quests and there is all this craziness happening. It felt to me like the writers put a lot more love into the sidequests, well, that or they had a freer hand.

Of dragon’s deep has been earned the only title in final fantasy that i have obtained that has given me a genuinely feeling of “I earned this i’m awesome.”