The WrA Video Game Thread

Being a Indie dev is rough your game needs to be fire or else you’re going to fizzle and die and be forgotten.

You need to stand with the Stardew Valleys and the Hollow knights. for what it’s worth i would bet good money that Ooblets when it come’s off being exclusive to epic won’t be remembered cursed to rot in humble bundles or at the bottom of 90% off steam sales.

4 Likes

Normally this would be sad. These guys deserve this.

It IS sad, in a way.

Sad that a game with some degree of potential is getting irreparably tarnished and sullied because its creators are complete clowns.

I dunno. It’s always disheartening when something successful and good is made by people who only later are revealed to be creepy, abusive, or otherwise awful. I kind of appreciate getting advance warning in at least one case.

I want to pull the trigger and get ATLAS…

But I don’t want to

Why’s that? I was looking at that on Steam this morning and the reviews are terrible.

I have not spent money on steam for at least two years now.

Ever since the switch came out i have not had any desire to.

I might be in the same situation if I had $400 to drop on a Switch. Several of my favorite Steam games are on that.

Plus it’s an HD console you can take anywhere. Major advantage over the others.

Right?

I like the concept and what they’re going for. It sounds cool.

But you read the reviews, and it’s like Hell 2 tha naw.

I have been having a serious itch to pick up Dark Souls 2. I know the community think it’s one of the worse when compared to the other Soulsbourne games, but dammit I like it a lot (plus I adore the DLC). I just hate it not having all that great multiplayer -_-

Let me preface this by saying that you should definitely get SotFS as opposed to vanilla DS2.

DS2 isn’t a bad game, and it’s not even a bad Souls game, but it is a lot different than Dark Souls 1 and makes a lot of different assumptions that made a lot of Dark Souls 1 veterans whinge.

Stuff like: it’s expected of you, even as a pure melee character, to carry around a bow. If you kill a given enemy enough, they stop respawning, so you can’t grind. There’s a stat that affects how good your roll is. While every boss in Dark Souls 1 was only against one or two enemies - four at most, and even then, not all at once - there are five or six fights in DS2 that are “adds fights” with a ton of little enemies.

It’s a great game, and I had fun playing it, but you can’t really carry any other Souls baggage or expectations into it.

I was in the process of getting SOTFS Platinum since i had Dark souls Dark souls 2 Vanilla 3 and bloodborne and Demons soul platinum trophies.

Then i was running to the Sunlight alter and the two desert sorceresses on the platform above killed me and my bloodstained glitched out and vanished costing me over 2m souls.

I put it down and have not gone back to it.

Yeah, I lost all the souls from the second Pursuer fight because, when I died immediately after the fight, an indestructible ballista spawned over my bloodstained.

It’s, uh, not without its glitches, but none of the Souls games are.

Speaking of dark souls talk you guys should get a giggle out of this.

I was playing switch dark souls remaster at sens fortress and was invaded by the little black phantom who tried and could not.

What do you get when you combine an area you need to jump a narrow gap to reach with no railing or cover a dragon slayer great bow and a spiteful Zunde?

You get a phantom that attempts to leap the gap only to be hit with a great arrow mid-jump and launched off the platform to the ground.

Dude wasted like 40 humanitys healing himself trying to reach me

To be fair, that was half the fun of a Souls PvP situation.

Letting the idiots climb a ladder, get 2/3rds of the way up and then jumping down to slaughter them and their friends.

Setting up a trap when you took on the form of a vase, waited for them to come past the ledge and kicking them off into the void.

A lot of players think they’re Gatsu when in truth they’re more like Corkus.

Oh, I already own it and have beaten it a few times already! I just have this sort of love-hate relationship with it, especially when it comes down to a few select bosses, ESPECIALLY the optional ones. Like "Hi, we made this fight but we decided to put it at the end of a largeass gauntlet that will arguably be harder than the boss itself. I thought the run to Blue Smelter Demon was bad, but then the run to Lud and Zallen and those freakin’ reindeers happened…

Seems like the Ooblets “Gas chamber” discord message was a fake screenshot.

However the ridicule and mocking and insulting responses to people asking about how they’re supposed to get the game now that it’s EGS Exclusive since their local currency is unsupported is real.

I had to stop tracking Ooblets though it kept hitting people who were making mock lewd of ooblets and quite frankly i don’t want to see that.

Imagine my shop there’s no money to be made in a dying game so of course the festering butthole unicron that is EA is abandoning it.

1 Like

Hey, Anthem was actually kinda fun for 3 days.

But yes, it is tresh.