The WrA Video Game Thread

I’ve been learning a language with Duolingo and to my surprise that’s actually relevant to this thread topic. Their system is heavily gamified, which would not have occurred to me to do with educational software, but dang if it doesn’t work.

There are achievements, you get health points which you need to access new lessons that are knocked off by giving wrong answers but can be earned back by doing practice sessions, the interface clearly draws inspiration from mobile games, and there are even leaderboards.

Thanks to this thing I’ve gone cold turkey on my Bejeweled habit and I’m improving myself. I’d recommend it just for funsies, even if you’re not after learning a specific language.

2 Likes

I’d use duolingo but i’d end up missing a lesson or two and getting my family killed and my legs broken.

Yeah, that meme had kind of run its course before I picked it up.

Which sort of surprised me, as I did so on a whim and was more than half expecting to drop it after a couple of lessons. But the thing is a game, like I said. It’s actually fun to do.

Honestly with the trouble i have with memory retention learning a new language feels out of my league.

I can’t attest for how well the whole language learning thing works. I’m barely past the “these symbols make these sounds” stages. Right now I’m regarding it as a fun thing to do on my phone that’s probably good for my brain.

Final fantasy’s community never ceases to amaze me.

Somebody asked for help in the novice network because a big hunt monster spawned and some jerk was pulling it to people stuck in the zone introduction cutscene and getting it to aoe them to death.

So like 30 people ported to the zone including me and killed the hunt mob to put a stop to it.

Oops

1 Like

Hardly surprising, but my heart goes out to these folks who got their personal info dumped out there for every whack-job and stalker to get a hold of for free.

Decided to do a semi-speed run of resident evil 2 no healing no item box.

Leon because i hate myself (His shotgun is a wet fart compared to claires Grenade launcher and also Claire runs faster in caution =/)

Dog still goes crazy barking when MR X music plays

The dog knows what the music means!

1 Like

I’m likely asking a rhetorical question but how the hell do you screw up on this level?

…wait, I remember when Bethesda screwed up and revealed their customers’ personal data via a system glitch or something a while back.

From what i can tell the entire thing was more negligence then outright malicious.

The results the same now 2,000 people are now completely open to any nutjob with a crusade.

Glad I never really go to E3 anywhere, this just convinces me to never visit. Even though I’m not a content creator or anything, I still wouldn’t trust them with anything.

Out of a malicious desire for more juicy drama to gorge my funny bone on i decided to mosey my way into the Ooblets discord to check out what’s going on in there.

Uh well let’s just say if the Blog post came off as rude and insulting the hilarious back and forth between the Husband and wife dev team and the people is comedy gold.

This entire thing is a comedy train wreck.

Do not go to the Ooblets discord.

All hell has broken loose and it’s being attacked constantly by the lesser beings of the fandom spamming it with gore and erotica.

Oh no

Oh dear

I know nothing about this game other than it’s devs seem hilariously inept at reading the market. This game is going to be wildly pirated and review bombed solely because the people in charge sound like idiots.

2 Likes

I don’t agree with what’s going on in the discord right now but i also can’t really sympathize with the devs.

The husband seems to have a fetishist obsession with the term “Gamer babies.”

Also what sparked this chaos was apparently a discord post he made claiming that now that they have epics money he’s tempted to say all gamers belong in gas chambers.

So yeah it’s vile but the devs are idiots.

This quote:

“Just imagine if other companies got it in their head to offer funding in exchange for exclusives. What’d be next? Game consoles paying for games to be exclusive on their consoles? Netflix paying for exclusive shows? Newspapers paying for exclusive articles? It’d be some sort of late capitalist dystopia.”

makes me want to slap them

2 Likes