The WrA Video Game Thread

Wiping a bunch of time’s on Yojimbo cause the healers can’t handle his drop everyone to 1hp attack ><

I liked his Hymn of the Fayth.

I’m a little late but speaking of Bethesda - damn me I hope Elder Scrolls 6 isn’t full of micro-transactions

Well it’s official now that Riot’s working on a fighting game.

As if this wasn’t telegraphed 3 years ago when they acquired Radiant and all development stopped on Rising Thunder.

It likely will be.

how the mighty hath fallen.

Another day

Another kickstarter/patreon that promised release on multiple platforms bent over for epic.

Only this time they decided “Hey everyones reacted negative to past epic exclusives so let’s head our hate off by penning an extremely insulting headline about why we’re doing it!”

#Whyaregamersoentitled
#wejustwantmoremoney
#dontyouhavebetterthingstobeupsetabout

2 Likes

Who got bribed this time?

I’ve been following the trainwreck since last night and, gee whiz, they should’ve used that Epic money to hire a PR person. One of the worst offences in the last day was writing off their Patreon support as money they ‘don’t need’ now (though, as mentioned on their subreddit, it’s interesting that they didn’t announce the EGS deal before patrons got billed for August) and, speaking of the subreddit, it’s been purged of everything posted after their announcement and is now restricted.

I get that they’re a small indie company but they had the foresight to recognise the kerfuffle that was going to happen, so why are they handling it so badly?

Ooblets.

It’s hilarious that they waited until patreon got billed and knew this was going to piss off a lot of people and basically triple downed with cheese on awful.

1 Like

I love the entitled gamer argument.

It’s a bunch of unaware idiots screeching “HOW COULD YOU BE ENTITLED TO YOUR MONEY”

1 Like

Video games were a mistake.

So was I :frowning:

1 Like

[Plague Witch]
Historically, when has the utterance “Don’t be mad” endeared you to whomever you’re talking to?

Saw this on a PCGamer comments section. It’s very apt.

I don’t condone piracy.

But i’m laughing my perfectly sculpted butt cheeks off at the “Epic already paid for your copy feel free to pirate it.” meme.

1 Like

Playing Tales of vesperia right now with Fire emblem 3 houses waiting in the wings after i finish it.

I have played every Tales of game since the super nintendo days and honestly Yuri Lowell is one of the few tales protags i like on a personal level.

1 Like

Lloyd’s my favorite personally. I know he’s the typical ‘idiot protagonist’, but ToS was the first Tales game I played, and I STILL adore it. Pity about the sequel though ._.

I’m still reading the Ooblets twitter and it’s just a great comedy train ride.

Back to Tales talk. ToS is great. Tales of phantasia will always live in my memory as i had it on a rom years ago and remember being very upset with the person who did the fan translation for basically turning it into a unfunny edgelord konga-line

If it’s any consolation, I had a pretty bad first experience with Phantasia myself. I wasn’t really super into emulators at the time, so when I saw there was a GBA version released stateside, I picked that up.

It was awful. It was god awful. I know there’s jokes about the ‘Battle of Kangaroo’ thing instead of ‘Battle of Ragnarok’, but the port was just baaaaaaaad.

Got no problem with Ooblets heading to epic game store, but some of the screenshots I’ve seen and stuff I saw on twitter and the like make them seem like they are reacting rather poorly to the backlash. Of course, things can be taken out of context so. I dunno what’s real or not yet, very easy to manufacture hate and snip things down.

But yeah, if this stuff is totally how it seems to be, that’s a yikes from me. The 2 folks working on the game ain’t got any idea of how to deal with people.

They’re right in that no one is entitled to their game, and no one should complain in the Epic move in of itself. But elsewhere they are clearly in the wrong.

Well they did basically call somebody an entitled baby pretty much for simply asking what they’re supposed to do now that it’s epic exclusive and epic store does not support their native currency so they would have to pay 2x/3x more for it then normal.

Which is a huge Yikes.

Back to tales of Phantasia the rom fan-translation was terrible it shoved in stupid jokes and changed character personalitys

For example they thought it would be cute to re-write the dialog of the witch girl when she passes out drunk so that when you talk to her she basically spouts out sleep talk where she’s having a lurid wet dream about the mc and it’s really cringy

Oh and the completely out of place conversation about “Which female party member is better in bed.” which even back then was super gross.

Basically don’t play the tales of phantasia rom.