The WrA Video Game Thread

I actually just watched it. The fact that they used Rammstein for it confuses me, but amuses me too. The lyrics are also appropriate considering the mind-control going on! I’m in.

I think they used Rammstein because Black Forest - the developer - is German; they might be fans.

1 Like

That makes sense! Something about Crypto rocking out to some german rage metal amuses me to no end too.

1 Like

Somebody on final fantasy gave me a million Gil to buy my own private house for no reason after i mentioned i almost had enough to get one and when i told him i could not accept such a gift they told me to shush and that it was pennies to them.

I had no idea how to react so i took it and bought myself a nice small house.

2 Likes

Really looking forward to Baldur’s Gate 3. Those games really had me hooked for a single player rpg!

1 Like

So I decided to start up a new character in Secret World Legends and record while I played. If anyone is interested in taking a look at the game here is the intro for the Templars:

1 Like

I am having a real blast digging through the lore in Conan : Exiles and strangely enough, it seems Funcom did their homework on the setting’s cosmology and magical mechanics.

I’m seriously considering the theories that, given some of the dialogue mentioning that we are ‘in a dream’ from a few npcs and the strange appearance of several creatures, as well as the outright alien nature of the more exotic beasts, and the fact the Conan franchise borrows heavily from the author’s friendship with the man responsible for the Cthulhu mythos, that we’re not actually in Hyboria anymore.

Given the setting’s normal take on magic and the strangest mixture of biomes, I can only assume that Set, the Stygian God of Magic, Kings and Serpents, somehow pulled the entire realm out of the material plane ages ago and uses it as a private larder / refuge… Except we find notes from other Exiles who claim other Gods spoke to or saved them.

If the Exiled lands are actually a pocket dimension that was originally Set’s but is now being contested by the other Gods of the setting, then the desert around the Exiled lands is just how the mortal mind perceives the alien realms beyond the Veil that separates the natural order from the Elder Gods’ realms where matter like Starmetal, Black Ice and even stranger creatures than Set, Dagon and Yog come from.

lol at not being Illuminati

ciao ciao

1 Like

I really need to play Portal Knights more. It’s good stuff.

I’ve recently finished the Sigil Doom wad, the Adventures of Square (Doom 2 mod, really good), and the Blood remake. Also been on a CoX server as I miss the game but at a very slow pace as I’m starting over I’ve done all this before.

My main is Illuminati :grin:

Anyone watching E3 stuff this week? So far Cyberpunk 2077 wins for the Keanu reveal…I mean come on it has Cyborg Keanu! “You’re breathtaking!” So pumped for this game!

Bethesda sinks deeper into horribleness with freaking mobile games and bringing fortnite to FO76. Zero info on Starfield or ESVI.

Squenix’s FF7 remake is out in March but is it just episode 1? How are they going to break up this game into episodes? Looking forward to hopefully more info on that and Marvel’s Avenger game. I really hope it is the start of a video game Marvel universe just like the movies. I really want an X-men Legends 3 or a new game featuring the X-men.

The GRRM game looks interesting but I don’t really like Dark Souls games so hopefully with GRRM it is more story/character driven.

2 Likes

That was the highlight of E3 for me. God damn, Keanu is amazing.

2 Likes

doom eternal

1 Like

Shenmue 3 is now epic exclusive despite advertising on steam for the last 8 months.

3 Likes

this is insane

i rate Ubisoft’s conference Too Much Tom Clancy Not Enough For Honor Or Quirky Games/10.

1 Like

for honor came to E3 just to announce a new limited time event : I

E3 just proves my decision to ignore almost everything made by a major gaming company

Shenwho?

/10char

1 Like

Shenyou! Also, Shendon’tbuyit.

Shenyousuck.

1 Like