The WrA Video Game Thread

Oh boy what is it

Is the person playing the game have a history of buying in game “Services” when the game get’s hard? Game auto-adjusts game to make it more difficult

Does this person sometimes buy them? Make the game easier so they keep playing in case they might buy some in-game services

Other profoundly shady bs like that

5 Likes

…are you kidding me.

Stuff like forcing the game to be easier by making jumps easier after multiple fails or making gun hitboxs bigger to keep people playing.

1 Like

So basically how shifty carnivals are run, but by clowns that aren’t even funny.

1 Like

I have such a hard time imagining EA making a game I want to play that this seems like an entirely academic concern.

1 Like

I see a small problem with Conan : Exiles.

I got a second Named Archer.

Problem is, it’s the same Named Archer that I nabbed last time.

So they’re just eyeballing each other across the walls of Fort Dumas and I am waiting for the inevitable Time Cop moment when they finally come to blows.

2 Likes

What am I looking forward to?

STRAIGHT UP need that Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 yesterday. Excited for the new pokemon, the bird looks cool but I refuse to look at anymore dex entries until release to try and surprise myself some and enjoy the game more. Gamestop is about to get the OG Digivices! I don’t know if they’re going to be the upgraded/updated 20th anniversary editions from Japan, but I bought one anyway and I’m eagerly awaiting to get it. Looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 as well. Fire Emblem Three Houses. Animal Crossing for the Switch. I may try Digimon Survive, but nothing about the gameplay we’ve been shown is really capturing me.

What am I playing now?

World of warcraft. A little bit of ARK here and there to continue breeding a line of disgustingly bright rainbow Direwolves and Spinosaurus. But mostly I’ve been revisiting some of my favorites as of late. Recently beat Digimon World’s main story and I’m working on finishing up getting 100% of the game done. Unfortunately this means I have to sit through two more digimon because I raised an awesome Metalgreymon to do the Myotismon questline, but still haven’t done Toy Town or Angemon’s Sanctuary. I have to intentionally get Numemon for Toy Town and a Vaccine type for Angemon’s Sanctuary. IIRC Monzaemon counts as a vaccine type, so maybe I can just cheese it that way.

Baldur’s Gate 3 baby!

Baldurs gate 3 you say? Only one way to respond to that.

1 Like

I just hope it’s in the same timeline as the classic Baldur’s Gate games, pre-Spellplague.

takes place 100 years after BG2

Technically my character is still alive cause i was all Double middle finger slow motion backflips into godhood

I am sorely tempted to remake my original Conan character, the smallest, skinniest Stygian Alchemist who filled her bases with large mostly naked men as a laugh at some of the more concerning tropes with the Conan franchise, but Fullskucker the Unpleasant is rapidly growing on me for the sheer amount of unthinking horror I have unleashed.

Putting a mountain of severed limbs in the press to get blood, only to sit down and have a small existential crisis over what I was doing when I don’t even have any recipes that requires that reagent yet, and why I had spent an hour butchering my fellow Exiles for said limbs.

I am beginning to see why Fullskucker was sent to this heckhole in the first place…

2 Likes

I mean if you need a reason to mulch the severed limbs taken screaming from the bodies of those who would dare oppose you i’d say you’re not cut out to being a vicious evil warlord.

Also the desert is hot and you need to make bloody mary’s somehow.

It’s kind of like my Thralls are asking “Boss, we don’t want any more booterang, but what are you going to use all that blood for?”

And Fullskucker looks at them, looks at the barrels of blood and the mulched flesh and bone used as fertilizer for his crops, looks back at his Thralls and says.

“Use …?”

I am at once both horrified at the fact that this ‘Game Logic’ slipped right past my radar, because Conan is one of those games where resources either expire really quickly or never expire at all, and you need literal mountains for anything but the basic cave-trogg set of tools, and deeply amused that I can do all of this and the Thralls just kind of shrug and go “Eh, I’ve seen worse.” as I’m building wind-chimes out of the bones of their loved ones.

It’s about time.

5 Likes

I’d prefer a new title, but I liked the old one, so I wont complain

1 Like

I just found a game called ‘Starpoint Gemini Warlords’ which is supposedly Mount and Blade in Space.

Now heavily considering giving it a try.

I’m playing a horribly cheesy game from the 90s called Tender Loving Care after watching Brutalmoose review it on YouTube. I sense I’m about to get sucked down a rabbit hole of ridiculous FMVs on Steam.

1 Like