The WrA Video Game Thread

Also if your looking for a fun little mobile Horror game lookup Simulacrum. Its a free game where you end up with some girls phone and you have to find her.

If you play it I highly recommend doing so on your own Phone, it adds a bit of atmosphere since you’re suppised to be going through someones phone.

1 Like

Bought Hearts of Iron 4 on the Steam sale. I feel like I had the same experience that everyone has with Paradox games, which is:

1. Launch the game,
  2. See how completely buckwild complex the interface and game mechanics are,
  3. Close the game.

I couldn’t even figure out how to get the tutorial to work, so hopefully I’ll just figure it out on my own eventually.

1 Like

i got total war three kingdoms and i have deposed the Han dynasty as the Yellow Turbans

THE PEOPLE MUST BE LED BY THE MANDATE OF HEAVEN

1 Like

This is the only mandate of heaven i rock.

made the mistake in Three Kingdoms of pursuing Lu Bu

1 Like

To be fair, being on the same continent as Lu Bu was a critical mistake if the Romance of the Three Kingdoms was to be believed.

Guy was a monster in every regard, and only got worse as time went on.

I’ve got a single player and a multi player game going in TW Three Kingdoms. But mostly I’ve been streaming a lot of Netflix and gardening in between the rain.

lu bu is NOTHING compared to the sheer might that is Huang Shao, the best duelist in the game

Inigo really remade the game for me, kinda. It us genuinely lesser without him.

I got burnt out on WoW so I bought Dark Souls 3 to see what all the fuss was about. The challenge is addictive.

Back into Conan:Exiles on the PS4. Now that the Wiki isn’t entirely garbage and I can talk to some folks who have done the game before, I’m finally getting some traction with this game.

Soon, I shall be able to make cudgels and my army of sweaty man-slaves shall be born.

When I played Skyrim I wanted to make my own awesome gear, so I started working on potions to increase my enchanting, and then enchanting gear to increase my potions, and then when I could make better enchants I would sell the obsolete gear and potions to buy more ingredients. I had to fast travel to the different cities because the merchants would run out of money and reagents, so I developed this loop around the map where I would empty my bags, buy them all out, and then start over again in Whiterun after crafting everything I could.

I did this for THREE WEEKS before I finally realized I hadn’t killed anything in a month and had basically been playing Skyrim as a traveling salesman simulator. There were several times I would get to a city and see a dragon attacking, and I’d say, “ugh I don’t have time for this crap, I’ve things to sell!” and leave for a different town. NPCs were burning and I could not care less.

Once I realized this I stopped playing for a while.

You basically became DragonBorn-ethor. Congratulations!

2 Likes

So I am running amok in Conan as Fullskucker the Unpleasant, only a baby at level 25, and dang me but I managed to cheese my way into clubbing some tier 3 Warriors, a 2nd tier Cook and a gaggle of tier 1 Archers who were given their obligatory Red Shirts and I start faffing about only to see this woman called Steeltongue dithering about.

My first named NPC. Maybe she offers a quest or is a part of my ‘Journey’.

Fifteen minutes later I am in the fight of my life against some random hobo with a morningstar and my favourite minions are almost dead before we finally club her down and I can drag her off to the Wheel of Pain.

Turns out I just snagged one of the earliest and best Tier 4 Armorsmiths in the game.

The rage on the Conan boards warms my shallow, black little heart, but I was only planning on Fullskucker being a test character to see if I could play a unmodded no admin-command PS4 game and now he just won the lottery.

Help…

3 Likes

Eat them all.

Embrace cannibalism solve world hunger.

So, I recently logged back onto Conan exiles to check on the RP server that I was in for awhile…

turns out that my character who was a Darfari warlord still has all his base and thralls intact because the people I strong armed into paying tribute to me have continued doing so and keep it all running.

To be fair, both ARK and Conan make it fairly easy to keep an ally’s Tames/Thralls alive so long as you’ve put down an unlocked feeding trough or Thrall Bowl and people are willing to run around every other day to dump some basic foodstuffs in there.

Due to PC issues, I haven’t been able to use my tower for gaming for … three months now. My farm is chugging along with the Sea Wolf Clan happily taking over my Ovis herd and commandeering my Rock Golem mount as part of the base’s defense system, and while I dearly miss being able to play with them, the Clan’s not too crippled with one less person faffing about and my Herd, barring shenanigans, will still be producing wool, mutton and shifty looks towards our New Zealand team-mates for years to come at this rate.

EDIT: Just before my night shift started I was running back to Fort Dumas I spy a cave called Sinner’s Shelter or some such nonsense and I figured what the hell, I have a couple of empty Wheels of Pain, why not.

Murder Death Justice my way in an club a Tier 2 Smelter and on the way out ran into a named Tier 4 Archer. Clubbed him until my truncheon broke, my minion finished the job and managed to get him home before I had to leave for work.

And now I cannot shake the guilt that I left some poor civvie unconscious and trussed up like a turkey in the middle of hyena country.

I haven’t played Conan Exiles for ages. One of the patch updates killed all of my Thralls on both my Xbox and my cousin’s PS4 so I just… gave up I guess. ><

The only real letdown to Conan is that there’s no body sliders, no player sorcery or alchemy and your Thralls don’t auto generate random names once tamed.

I was going to add that unlike ARK, you can’t breed your Thralls to create a self-sustaining community of loyal npcs, but then I remembered how you get ‘tames’ in this game and I am filled with horrified amusement at how that game mechanic would have been received…

1 Like

If the festering cesspool of failure that anthem is has not tipped you off that EA games are hot garbage unworth buying the new patent they released sure as hell will.

On Switch news Timespinner is great and you should get it if you enjoy metroidvania

1 Like